Baltimore Ravens are the worst match up imo

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, we definitely can't count on any favors coming out of Cleveland. For the reasons you mentioned AND:

*Mason Rudolph revenge game

*Browns have six starters out with COVID, nullifying the fact that Steelers are resting

*Browns are cursed

*2004 Bills were in exact same situation against Steelers backups and blew it

Yup. Completely agree with all of that. 

Pitt will play some starters too

And the bad blood between them extends much further than Mason Rudolph 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The ravens are the team we don’t want to play. 

ive played 4 madden games vs them and got killed every time. There is a match up issue here. 

They take away the pass, but bottle up the run. 

Maybe it’s not the Ravens.  Maybe it’s Madden + You.

WTF is it with this Ravens fear?  It’s like we got a bunch of Hitchcock junkies here looking for “The Birds” remake.

-Dolphins and Steelers have the #1 and #2 defense on points.  Rams #3, Ravens #4.  Bills #15

-Rams have #1 defense on yards, Steelers #2, 49ers #5, Ravens #9 - one spot ahead of the Bills at #10

-Dolphins and Steelers #1 and 2 on Takeaways, Ravens #14

-Titans #3 offense on points, Ravens and Colts similar #8 and #9 (Bills #6)

I mean, they recently kicked the snot out of the Cowboys, Jaguars, and Giants but we recently kicked the snot out of 4 better teams.

The game with the Browns - it was extolled by TV pundits but Man, that was just a Bad game to my point of view, from both teams.

Anyway, I don’t get it.  We had a good defensive plan that basically shut the Ravens down last year when their offense was a red-hot juggernaut, we just couldn’t get our offense going against them.  We had no screen game and Allen couldn’t beat blitz zero throwing deep.  I think we’re better now on offense and this seasons results agree with me.

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WTF is it with this Ravens fear?

They're #1 in the NFL in point differential. They're coming in extremely hot, with a chip on their shoulder and no pressure.

Some of the more respected talking heads agree. Chris Simms called them a top 4-5 team this week. So the fact that people are conflating them with the other Wild Card teams is baffling.

This is a team that was 14-2 last year, a preseason Super Bowl favorite this year, and dealt with a lot of injuries and COVID throughout the season. They are just now hitting their stride and will probably beat whoever they play in Round 1.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WTF is it with this Ravens fear?  It’s like we got a bunch of Hitchcock junkies here looking for “The Birds” remake.

-Dolphins and Steelers have the #1 and #2 defense on points.  Rams #3, Ravens #4.  Bills #15

-Rams have #1 defense on yards, Steelers #2, 49ers #5, Ravens #9 - one spot ahead of the Bills at #10

-Dolphins and Steelers #1 and 2 on Takeaways, Ravens #14

-Titans #3 offense on points, Ravens and Colts similar #8 and #9 (Bills #6)

I mean, they recently kicked the snot out of the Cowboys, Jaguars, and Giants but we recently kicked the snot out of 4 better teams.

The game with the Browns - it was extolled by TV pundits but Man, that was just a Bad game to my point of view, from both teams.

Anyway, I don’t get it.  We had a good defensive plan that basically shut the Ravens down last year when their offense was a red-hot juggernaut, we just couldn’t get our offense going against them.  We had no screen game and Allen couldn’t beat blitz zero throwing deep.  I think we’re better now on offense and this seasons results agree with me.

It's probably the very different ways the Bills and the Ravens defeat their opponents that has fans apprehensive. 

Bills are a finesse team (which I don't use as a pejorative, necessarily) and the Ravens are a physical team (which I don't use as a superlative, necessarily).

The way the Bills defense opened against NE suggests they can still be gashed on the ground at times. Of course, the Bills offense has become the remedy for that ailment, scoring points in bunches and making their opponents one-dimensional. 

• Like (+1) 1

Count me among those not scared of the Ravens.

They were better on offense last year, and the Bills contained said offense (and Lamar Jackson, in particular) quite well for the most part. Our offense stunk that day and we were STILL on the doorstep of tying the game at the end. 

The Ravens also are not built to come from behind. Put a couple of early scores up on them and they’re toast.

Are they the BEST matchup for the Bills? No, certainly not. The Browns, Colts, and Dolphins all seem easier. But should Bills fans be scared if the big, bad Ravens? Not in my opinion.

If anything, the BILLS are the team that no one should want to play in the playoffs right now.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They're #1 in the NFL in point differential. They're coming in extremely hot, with a chip on their shoulder and no pressure.

Some of the more respected talking heads agree. Chris Simms called them a top 4-5 team this week. So the fact that people are conflating them with the other Wild Card teams is baffling.

This is a team that was 14-2 last year, a preseason Super Bowl favorite this year, and dealt with a lot of injuries and COVID throughout the season. They are just now hitting their stride and will probably beat whoever they play in Round 1.

Dude, I’m not saying the Ravens aren’t a good team.  They are.  But look at the last 4 teams they played, OK?  Why is it scary to “come in hot” having beaten up the Jags, Giants, and Cowboys?  As for last year, “that was then, this is now” or as one of the SB champ Steelers said, and last year they got throttled and run over in the playoffs.

As for Chris Simms, he had Kyler Murray #4 QB in the league and Josh #5 halfway through the season and picked the 49ers to win over us.  I like Simms, but he’s hardly infalliable.  

The Ravens barely scraped it out in the last minute against the Browns, so should we fear the Browns?

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

It's probably the very different ways the Bills and the Ravens defeat their opponents that has fans apprehensive. 

Bills are a finesse team (which I don't use as a pejorative, necessarily) and the Ravens are a physical team (which I don't use as a superlative, necessarily).

The way the Bills defense opened against NE suggests they can still be gashed on the ground at times. Of course, the Bills offense has become the remedy for that ailment, scoring points in bunches and making their opponents one-dimensional. 

The Bills were looking plenty physical against the 49ers and Steelers.  IMO.

I agree they got gashed early against NE but they also fixed what they needed to fix and throttled down.

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Ravens are a Championship-quality opponent. I'm not sure why anyone wants that early in the playoffs.

There are a bunch of teams we might face early in the playoffs of whom that could be said.  What specifically is it about the Ravens that makes you fear them most?

We’re gonna play who we play, but I dislike the Raven matchup more than any other teams. 
If, big IF their defense gets pretty healthy they are dangerous. 
My biggest issue is their offense. Not because our defense vs the run just the fact that when they have it working it is unstoppable. 
Dobbins and lamars speed, Gus powering through, andrews over the middle and now Dez on the scramble plays. When it works it’s unbeatable at times. We can play with any of the teams but I don’t like the Raven matchup 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Bills were looking plenty physical against the 49ers and Steelers.  IMO.

I agree they got gashed early against NE but they also fixed what they needed to fix and throttled down.

I mostly agree with you. I was trying to summarize fan perception, and what my own stubborn BBFS whispers into my ears in moments of weakness. 

If an opponent can bottle up Buffalo's offense (good luck) AND sustain a productive ground game...that seems to be the recipe to beat the Bills. And the Ravens are built for that kind of game, theoretically. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, I’m not saying the Ravens aren’t a good team.  They are.  But look at the last 4 teams they played, OK?  Why is it scary to “come in hot” having beaten up the Jags, Giants, and Cowboys?  As for last year, “that was then, this is now” or as one of the SB champ Steelers said, 

As for Chris Simms, he had Kyler Murray #4 QB in the league and Josh #5 halfway through the season and picked the 49ers to win over us.  I like Simms, but he’s hardly infalliable.  

The Ravens barely scraped it out in the last minute against the Browns, so should we fear the Browns?

You can always try to poke holes in anything or try to discredit someone because they were once wrong about something else, or make questionable transitive arguments, but I definitely stand by my take on what the Ravens are as a team right now, and it will not be long until we find out.

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

I mostly agree with you. I was trying to summarize fan perception, and what my own stubborn BBFS whispers into my ears in moments of weakness. 

If an opponent can bottle up Buffalo's offense (good luck) AND sustain a productive ground game...that seems to be the recipe to beat the Bills. And the Ravens are built for that kind of game, theoretically. 

Sure.  But so (in theory) are the Titans and Browns.  And the Titans beat us once already and made us look bad while doing it.  Now there mitigating factors.

Again, I’m not saying the Ravens aren’t a good team.  I think they are a potential championship caliber team.  But I think that can be said of other teams as well.  Winning is hard, and it gets harder in the playoffs, whoever we face.  

I’m just saying I don’t see why so many of us seem relatively dismissive of other teams with good records in favor of almost putting the Ravens on a pedestal.  Any of our opponents are going to be a tough out.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You can always try to poke holes in anything or try to discredit someone because they were once wrong about something else, or make questionable transitive arguments, but I definitely stand by my take on what the Ravens are as a team right now, and it will not be long until we find out.

Dude, I”m not trying to “poke holes in anything”, I’m just asking you, specifically, to back up your opinion with some facts about the Ravens as a team this year.

I gave my arguments.  Instead of squirming around tossing accusations like “discredit someone because they were once wrong”, why don’t you look at the specific evidence I offered - defensive and offensive ranks, recent opponents faced by the Ravens, and offer an actual reasoned argument in FAVOR of your case?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, I”m not trying to “poke holes in anything”, I’m just asking you, specifically, to back up your opinion with some facts about the Ravens as a team this year.

I gave my arguments.  Instead of squirming around tossing accusations like “discredit someone because they were once wrong”, why don’t you look at the specific evidence I offered - defensive and offensive ranks, recent opponents faced by the Ravens, and offer an actual reasoned argument in FAVOR of your case?

This seems oddly aggressive. I'm not going to offer anything more at this time -- I mentioned a number of things, and there is certainly more than rankings and stats that plays a role in how teams perform. I think the Ravens are/will be in a great place psychologically going into these playoffs.

If you are scared of another team in the playoffs, you have already lost.  All the teams in the AFC will have strong resumes.  To make the SB, they will need 3 strong wins.  Play to win Sunday and beat the teams you draw.

I am trying to imagine the coach's pregame talk:  "We need to win so we delay facing Baltimore".  

If you are scared of another team in the playoffs, you have already lost.  All the teams in the AFC will have strong resumes.  To make the SB, the Bills will need 3 strong wins.  Play to win Sunday and beat the teams you draw.

I am trying to imagine the coach's pregame talk:  "We need to win so we delay facing Baltimore".  

If you are scared of another team in the playoffs, you have already lost.  All the teams in the AFC will have strong resumes.  To make the SB, the Bills will need 3 strong wins.  Play to win Sunday and beat the teams you draw.