Is Devonta Smith basically Stefon Diggs?

78thealltimegreat

• 78thealltimegreat changed the title to Is Devonta Smith basically Stefon Diggs?
9 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

He is phenomenal. Could see a similar pro trajectory in the right setting. 

Agreed, with the big difference being Diggs was a 5th round draft choice and came cheap. I love both players, but I’d rather find that hidden gem in a later round......but I may nitpicking.  Love both players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Agreed, with the big difference being Diggs was a 5th round draft choice and came cheap. I love both players, but I’d rather find that hidden gem in a later round......but I may nitpicking.  Love both players. 

If we’re picking from this game, I’d much rather have Mayer from the Irish. He’s the real deal, smart and and athletic big man at TE. 

I prefer to see someone who had proven it at the pro level. That kid had real skills but doing it with the talent playing a across from you in the NFL is different. Today when he hung up there for that midfield floater he would have been lit-up by any NFL team. 

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

He’s awesome but he’s very slight.  He’s got an extremely skinny lower body.  Not sure I’ve seen a dominant NFL WR who’s that skinny.  Maybe Marvin Harrison? 

They’re calling him “the Slim Reaper”

56 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

At the college level similar size, suction cups for hands,  runs after the catch....kinda glad we have the pro version geez 

Hey....I asked this question in another thread!! New Years Games thread

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Good luck with that! :)

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

If we’re picking from this game, I’d much rather have Mayer from the Irish. He’s the real deal, smart and and athletic big man at TE. 

OK then!

8 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Do you disagree?

I do Sir. Davonta has the best hands in the NCAA. He also is always open and can leap WAY into the air and catch anything near him.

As for the TE position, Kyle Pitts from Florida is just sensational. He is the best TE prospect I have seen since Kelen Winslow......Senior lol. I know it is a complete reach but I can see him making the HOF some day.

There are quite a few players on Alabama that I would love to see the Bills draft. One in particular, but I won't get into that until after the Bills win the super bowl (which I fully expect). I would prefer Pitts to any of them but he will be gone in the top 10, which almost never happens to a TE. 

Jmo. :)

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I do Sir. Davonta has the best hands in the NCAA. He also is always open and can leap WAY into the air and catch anything near him.

As for the TE position, Kyle Pitts from Florida is just sensational. He is the best TE prospect I have seen since Kelen Winslow......Senior lol. I know it is a complete reach but I can see him making the HOF some day.

There are quite a few players on Alabama that I would love to see the Bills draft. One in particular, but I won't get into that until after the Bills win the super bowl (which I fully expect). I would prefer Pitts to any of them but he will be gone in the top 10, which almost never happens to a TE. 

Where is he projected to go in the draft?  Upthread someone implied the Jets, which I assume means 2overall.  Taking a skinny kid at 2 who has “proven it” against The Citadel et al would be a Jets move for sure.

Where do you see him in comparison to Jeudy and Ruggs? 

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Where is he projected to go in the draft?  Upthread someone implied the Jets, which I assume means 2overall.  Taking a skinny kid at 2 who has “proven it” against The Citadel et al would be a Jets move for sure.

Where do you see him in comparison to Jeudy and Ruggs? 

Sorry, the above comment, if serious, is utterly wrong and rather ridiculous. Davonta caught the National Title winning pass in 2018, in overtime no less. This year, he played against 11 SEC Teams and Notre Dame and nobody was able to stop him. Oh, and he did so after losing his partner Jalen Waddle, who is hurt, but will be a certain first round pick if he comes out. DS was just voted the AP Player of the Year.  Citadel? C'mon, really. Don't be surprised if he wins the Heisman Trophy.

Davonta will probably go in the top ten. He is a fantastic player and a great kid. Ruggs is faster but I prefer Davonta. Jeudy is great, but he has no quarterback of note. Imo he is one of the most talented receivers in the NFL. He is very different than Davonta, but I would have a hard time choosing between the two. Jeudy did say last year that Davonta had the best hands on the team. 

If you really do appreciate watching good young players, also keep your eye on Waddle. If he fully recovers from his injury he will be a superstar. 

Jmo, and happy New Year to you and yours!  :)

Edited by Bill from NYC

11 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I would love to see us aggressively pursue a big, athletic, TE who can run and catch this offseason.

I think it should be regarded as the No. 1 plan for improving the team.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/2/2021 at 10:31 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Sorry, the above comment, if serious, is utterly wrong and rather ridiculous. Davonta caught the National Title winning pass in 2018, in overtime no less. This year, he played against 11 SEC Teams and Notre Dame and nobody was able to stop him. Oh, and he did so after losing his partner Jalen Waddle, who is hurt, but will be a certain first round pick if he comes out. DS was just voted the AP Player of the Year.  Citadel? C'mon, really. Don't be surprised if he wins the Heisman Trophy.

Davonta will probably go in the top ten. He is a fantastic player and a great kid. Ruggs is faster but I prefer Davonta. Jeudy is great, but he has no quarterback of note. Imo he is one of the most talented receivers in the NFL. He is very different than Davonta, but I would have a hard time choosing between the two. Jeudy did say last year that Davonta had the best hands on the team. 

If you really do appreciate watching good young players, also keep your eye on Waddle. If he fully recovers from his injury he will be a superstar. 

Jmo, and happy New Year to you and yours!  :)

I don't think jeudy will be anything special in the league imo

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 10:25 AM, Bill from NYC said:

I did my Kyle Pitts tape deep dive the other day and he has the highest grade I have ever given to a tight end since I have been doing this. In my history I think David Njoku is the only tight end I have ever had a 1st on (OJ Howard was a 1st/2nd borderline in the same draft) but Pitts is exceptional. I personally still wouldn't pick him top 10, not sure I'd pick any TE top 10..... but he may well end up one of my top 10 grades in this class and he will go no lower than 15th. Depends how many QBs get pushed up. 

I basically agree with you on Smith as well I think. A lot of people have Chase #1 and Smith #2.... still early in my process but at the moment I think I have them the other way around. 

What is you view on Mack Jones Bill? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.