Teams Bills have beaten with Josh Allen as QB thread - 29 after Bucs. Eagles and Cards left to go

No_Matter_What

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

As far as Miami’s 5-1 record, I think it’s relevant to remember the lone loss was due to Charles Clay not catching a last second TD catch in the end zone. To this day, Allen never tried harder to escape a rush a get off a pass. Admittedly wobbly, it hit Clay in the chest and hands. Somewhat lost in the Josh Superstar hoopla this season has been his penchant for comebacks which started fast and furious in his rookie season. 

Off the top of my head, only the Hail Murray and a Jet loss in that season prevented 2 more comeback notches in his Belt.

I wil go on record as saying that I was one of those Allen doubters, when they drafted him.  Despite knowing better, I let all the draft experts opinions get through to me.  By the time the season started, however, I was fully behind him...it was pretty obvious from his first game action that there was something to him, if he was going to go down as a bust, it was going to be in an entertaining fashion, and if nothing else, he was going to make Bills football entertaining.  It was this game you reference, his single loss to the Dolphins, that convinced me he was a guy worthy of the "franchise" moniker.

Edited by Buftex
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I saw this on another team's forum and thought it might be a good idea to have a thread like this. I will update it whenever Josh beats a new team or after each new season.

So far it's 18 teams - he added 5 in 2018, 7 in 2019 and 6 in 2020. He'll probably get a chance to add at least one more this year.

Teams Josh Allen has beaten:

1. Minnesota Vikings (1-0)

2. Tennessee Titans (2-1)

3. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0)

4. Detroit Lions (1-0)

5. Miami Dolphins (4-1)

6. New York Jets (3-1)*

7. New York Giants (1-0)

8. Cincinnati Bengals (1-0)

9. Washington FT (1-0)

10. Denver Broncos (2-0)

11. Dallas Cowboys (1-0)

12. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0)

13. Los Angeles Rams (1-0)

14. Las Vegas Raiders (1-0)

15. New England Patriots (2-3)**

16. Seattle Seahawks (1-0)

17. Los Angeles Chargers (1-1)

18. San Francisco 49ers (1-0)

* In official stats Josh has one more loss to Jets but it was last game in 2019 when he started and was replaced by Barkley after 2nd drive.

** Denotes one lost game which Josh started but did not have a chance to finish due to injury.

Teams Josh Allen has not beaten:

1. Kansas City Chiefs (0-1)

2. Baltimore Ravens (0-1)

3. Cleveland Browns (0-1)

4. Houston Texans (0-2)**

5. Green Bay Packers (0-1)

6. Philadelphia Eagles (0-1)

7. Arizona Cardinals (0-1)

8. Indianapolis Colts (has not played)

9. Chicago Bears (has not played)

10. New Orleans Saints (has not played)

11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (has not played)

12. Atlanta Falcons (has not played)

13. Carolina Panthers (has not played)

Quarterbacks who have beaten all 32 teams: Manning, Favre, Brees

Quarterbacks who have beaten 31 teams: Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Alex Smith, Kerry Collins

Notable young QBs: Mahomes 23, Jackson 22

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/qb-wins.htm

Isn’t josh 1-2 against the titans? Lost his rookie year, beat them last year and lost this year

***** nvm I was thinking Texans rookie year not titans 

Edited by Bray Wyatt

For the billionth time, wins is not a QB stat. It's a team stat.

Josh Allen hasn't beaten anybody. The Buffalo Bills have beaten some teams with Josh Allen playing quarterback.

You used Pro Football Reference to gather your stats. They will tell you the same thing. You used their stat "QBRec" to gather your data, right? Well, go to the page for Allen or any other quarterback, and check the QBRec. Now go to the top of the table and click on the actual letters "QBRec." Hell, you don't even have to click. Just put the cursor on the letters.

Doing that will show you the actual name of that stat ...

... which is "Team record in games started by this quarterback (regular season)."  

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

First, wins are not a QB stat. 

Sexond, it’s a trivia, not something that means anything and has no value to predict future events. 

I mean, Philip Rivers beat the Nate Peterman-led Bills, what does that mean? Nothing. 

but what’s thixd?  Fouwth?  Fiyth?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

One of the best Bills video clips ever ... Daboll after that drop ...

Charles Clay broke Daboll's heart.

10 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Sexond, it’s a trivia, not something that means anything and has no value to predict future events. 

I mean, Philip Rivers beat the Nate Peterman-led Bills, what does that mean? Nothing. 

I mean in 2018 the Bills only won 1 game without Josh Allen.

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Josh Allen hasn't beaten anybody. The Buffalo Bills have beaten some teams with Josh Allen playing quarterback.

You used Pro Football Reference to gather your stats. They will tell you the same thing. You used their stat "QBRec" to gather your data, right? Well, go to the page for Allen or any other quarterback, and check the QBRec. Now go to the top of the table and click on the actual letters "QBRec." Hell, you don't even have to click. Just put the cursor on the letters.

... which is "Team record in games started by this quarterback (regular season)."  

Oh come on. Have some fun. You may be right but at worst it's one of those "unwritten rules" when it comes to QB stats. Perhaps not helped by PFR when QB is the only position they even show a stat column for "record".

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

It’s obvious where your head’s at, pervert. Get back in the closet. 😉

11 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Isn’t josh 1-2 against the titans? Lost his rookie year, beat them last year and lost this year

***** nvm I was thinking Texans rookie year not titans 

You do know you can just delete your own posts, right. It’s a face-saving option we provide for just these possibilities.

You're welcome. 

the Mgmnt.

17 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I saw this on another team's forum and thought it might be a good idea to have a thread like this. I will update it whenever Josh beats a new team or after each new season.

So far it's 18 teams - he added 5 in 2018, 7 in 2019 and 6 in 2020. He'll probably get a chance to add at least one more this year.

Teams Josh Allen has beaten:

1. Minnesota Vikings (1-0)

2. Tennessee Titans (2-1)

3. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0)

4. Detroit Lions (1-0)

5. Miami Dolphins (4-1)

6. New York Jets (3-1)*

7. New York Giants (1-0)

8. Cincinnati Bengals (1-0)

9. Washington FT (1-0)

10. Denver Broncos (2-0)

11. Dallas Cowboys (1-0)

12. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0)

13. Los Angeles Rams (1-0)

14. Las Vegas Raiders (1-0)

15. New England Patriots (2-3)**

16. Seattle Seahawks (1-0)

17. Los Angeles Chargers (1-1)

18. San Francisco 49ers (1-0)

* In official stats Josh has one more loss to Jets but it was last game in 2019 when he started and was replaced by Barkley after 2nd drive.

** Denotes one lost game which Josh started but did not have a chance to finish due to injury.

Teams Josh Allen has not beaten:

1. Kansas City Chiefs (0-1)

2. Baltimore Ravens (0-1)

3. Cleveland Browns (0-1)

4. Houston Texans (0-2)**

5. Green Bay Packers (0-1)

6. Philadelphia Eagles (0-1)

7. Arizona Cardinals (0-1)

8. Indianapolis Colts (has not played)

9. Chicago Bears (has not played)

10. New Orleans Saints (has not played)

11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (has not played)

12. Atlanta Falcons (has not played)

13. Carolina Panthers (has not played)

Quarterbacks who have beaten all 32 teams: Manning, Favre, Brees

Quarterbacks who have beaten 31 teams: Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Alex Smith, Kerry Collins

Notable young QBs: Mahomes 23, Jackson 22

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/qb-wins.htm

It’s pretty simple in the teams we missed.  We play the AFC other divisions every three years, and NFC every four years which is why we haven’t played the Bucs, Saints, Panthers, and Falcons.  I assume Allen didn’t play the Colts and Bears as in 18 he was out for some games.  That must have been one of them, but don’t feel like looking it up.

As far as winning against 18 different teams compared to losing to 7 is interesting.  I appreciate you sharing.  Finally someone looking at another board turning into an interesting topic vs. those that just like being a troll.

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Much safer for him in the sky box now. As long as he doesn't jump out of the window.

You know I think he might actually do that is Knox drops an easy pass to win the SB, and we lose to Brady and the Bucs.  Now that’s a nightmare I’ll never live down here in Tampa.

14 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Hi, I appreciate your effort, but not sure what is your point. Everybody knows it is a team sport, I for sure know it. It is just fun. But to make you happy, I will edit OP.

• No_Matter_What changed the title to Teams Bills have beaten with Josh Allen as QB thread
8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s pretty simple in the teams we missed.  We play the AFC other divisions every three years, and NFC every four years which is why we haven’t played the Bucs, Saints, Panthers, and Falcons.  I assume Allen didn’t play the Colts and Bears as in 18 he was out for some games.  That must have been one of them, but don’t feel like looking it up.

As far as winning against 18 different teams compared to losing to 7 is interesting.  I appreciate you sharing.  Finally someone looking at another board turning into an interesting topic vs. those that just like being a troll.

Yep, he missed Colts, Patriots, Bears and Jets games that year.

Once the season is over I will somehow highlight teams that he will have a chance to scratch from the list next year.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.