Teams Bills have beaten with Josh Allen as QB thread - 29 after Bucs. Eagles and Cards left to go

No_Matter_What

I saw this on another team's forum and thought it might be a good idea to have a thread like this. I will update it whenever Josh beats a new team or after each new season. To be clear, I know it is a team sport, and these are not the teams Josh Allen beat by himself. It is just for fun.

Last update: 27 October 2023 after beating the Bears

After beating the Bucs, Josh has beaten 29 teams (either in regular season or in PO) - he added 5 in 2018, 7 in 2019, 9 in 2020, 5 in 2021, 3 in 2022 and 1 in 2023.

This year he has beaten the Bucs and has a chance to beat the Eagles in W12.

Teams Josh Allen has beaten (first brackets regular season record, second ones playoffs record):

1. Minnesota Vikings (1-1)

2. Tennessee Titans (3-2)

3. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2)

4. Detroit Lions (2-0)

5. Miami Dolphins (9-2) (1-0)

6. New York Jets (6-3)*

7. New York Giants (2-0)

8. Cincinnati Bengals (1-0) (0-1)

9. Washington Commanders (3-0)

10. Denver Broncos (2-0)

11. Dallas Cowboys (1-0)

12. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1)

13. Los Angeles Rams (2-0)

14. Las Vegas Raiders (2-0)

15. New England Patriots (5-5)** (1-0)

16. Seattle Seahawks (1-0)

17. Los Angeles Chargers (1-1)

18. San Francisco 49ers (1-0)

19. Indianapolis Colts (0-1) (1-0)

20. Baltimore Ravens (1-1) (1-0)

21. Houston Texans (1-1)** (0-1)

22. Kansas City Chiefs (2-1) (0-2)

23. New Orleans Saints (1-0)

24. Carolina Panthers (1-0)

25. Atlanta Falcons (1-0)

26. Green Bay Packers (1-1)

27. Cleveland Browns (1-1)

28. Chicago Bears (1-0)

29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1)

* In official stats Josh has one more loss to Jets but it was last game in 2019 when he started and was replaced by Barkley after 2nd drive.

** Denotes one lost game which Josh started but did not have a chance to finish due to injury.

Teams beaten by Josh Allen in playoff only.

Teams Josh Allen has not beaten: 

1. Philadelphia Eagles (0-1) - week 12

2. Arizona Cardinals (0-1)

Quarterbacks who have beaten all 32 teams: Manning, Favre, Brees, Brady or all 28 teams: Montana, Tarkenton

Quarterbacks who have beaten 31 teams: Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Alex Smith, Kerry Collins, Mahomes

Notable young QBs: Jackson 29 (Bears and Packers)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/qb-wins.htm

Edited by No_Matter_What
Bucs win.
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 11

33 minutes ago, Klaus said:

In February I'd like to see that number @ 22 

Yeah that would be great. But I think 21 is more realistic even if we win SB. 

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'd say he's 3-1 against the Jets, counting a game where we rested our starters including him seems insane.

Ok. I wanted to use official data but I agree that for the purpose of this thread I can use common sense. I'll edit OP.

30 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Good thread.  A somewhat related question - Anyone know which QB has the most wins against other teams, without one of those wins coming against the Bills?

Check out link in the OP. Overall Carson Palmer with 28, from active players it is Goff with 26 and Stafford with 25.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Like this thread. I hoe it stays updated. 

No worries, it will be updated.

One more thing I just realized and find interesting. Mahomes has beaten 23 teams, so is 5 ahead, but ALL those wins are against AFC - he has beaten every single team in AFC already.

As far as NFC goes, he and Josh are in the same situation, both have beaten 8 teams.

• Like (+1) 1

As far as Miami’s 5-1 record, I think it’s relevant to remember the lone loss was due to Charles Clay not catching a last second TD catch in the end zone. To this day, Allen never tried harder to escape a rush a get off a pass. Admittedly wobbly, it hit Clay in the chest and hands. Somewhat lost in the Josh Superstar hoopla this season has been his penchant for comebacks which started fast and furious in his rookie season. 

Off the top of my head, only the Hail Murray and a Jet loss in that season prevented 2 more comeback notches in his Belt.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

As far as Miami’s 5-1 record, I think it’s relevant to remember the lone loss was due to Charles Clay not catching a last second TD catch in the end zone. To this day, Allen never tried harder to escape a rush a get off a pass. Admittedly wobbly, it hit Clay in the chest and hands. Somewhat lost in the Josh Superstar hoopla this season has been his penchant for comebacks which started fast and furious in his rookie season. 

Off the top of my head, only the Hail Murray and a Jet loss in that season prevented 2 more comeback notches in his Belt.

One of the best Bills video clips ever ... Daboll after that drop ...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.