Teams Bills have beaten with Josh Allen as QB thread - 29 after Bucs. Eagles and Cards left to go

No_Matter_What

12 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Hi, I appreciate your effort, but not sure what is your point. Everybody knows it is a team sport, I for sure know it. It is just fun. But to make you happy, I will edit OP.

Appreciate your kindness.

As to my point, it's just the obvious. QBs aren't responsible for wins or losses. Teams are. Was Rob Johnson responsible for the loss in the Music City Miscarriage of Justice? Is a QB whose team wins 7 - 0 with the score coming on a pick-six responsible for the win? No. Everyone is. Even when the QB plays lights out, he doesn't get the win. If his OL hadn't blocked well, if his receivers hadn't got open and made the catches, if his defense hadn't held the other team to that amount of points and if the STs hadn't done a great job (as the Bills STs have this year), he doesn't get the win.

And yet over and over again people want to use this stat to show things about the QB. Doesn't make sense in any way. If you want to show things about Allen, look at how well he himself played. Nobody should say something like, "last second kick, it's a 35 yarder for the Fins, and the Bills line up to block it, an LBs sneaks through the line, it's blocked ... and Josh Allen wins the game, conclusively proving Josh Allen is a winner." That's what you do when you use wins as a QB stat.

It really is that simple. Wins is NOT a QB stat. It is a team stat.

The QB is part of the team, so he gets his share of the credit/blame, but no more.

In any case, again, thanks for your consideration and kindness. It is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Thurman#1

• No_Matter_What changed the title to Teams Bills have beaten with Josh Allen as QB thread - 20 after Ravens game
  • 6 months later...
On 1/1/2021 at 12:57 PM, No_Matter_What said:

Quarterbacks who have beaten all 32 teams: Manning, Favre, Brees

Quarterbacks who have beaten 31 teams: Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Alex Smith, Kerry Collins

Notable young QBs: Mahomes 23, Jackson 22

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/qb-wins.htm

Kerry Collins?!

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

He played in an NFC Championship and a Super Bowl. He was on some decent teams 

True, he had good seasons with Carolina and The East Rutherford Short Stacks but I never in a million years would have guessed that.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:56 PM, Bray Wyatt said:

Isn’t josh 1-2 against the titans? Lost his rookie year, beat them last year and lost this year

***** nvm I was thinking Texans rookie year not titans 

no he has betten the Titans twice. before last year he beaten the Titans twice in a row

3 hours ago, swimtoga said:

He can get up to 26 this season?

Thanks for the bump, I updated OP. I expect 24 after regular season, hopefully more. I'd save Chiefs for playoffs :)

5 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Isn’t football a team game?

I addressed this in OP. I know it is a team sport. This is just for fun.

• Like (+1) 1

• No_Matter_What changed the title to Teams Bills have beaten with Josh Allen as QB thread - 21 after Texans game
  • No_Matter_What changed the title to Teams Bills have beaten with Josh Allen as QB thread - 22 after Chiefs game
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.