Why it was tough to be a Bills fan

46 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Gregg

Douche bag

• Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

30th in offense and 26th in defense in 2017 and we busted the drought.  Doesn't even make sense.  That will be McDermott's greatest accomplishment until we win the Super Bowl.  

Needed a 4th down miracle from a team with nothing to play for...you could kind of tell the tide was turning :)

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Douche bag

I take it you don't like the skunk stripe ;)

56 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Well 19 years of watching putrid offense seems to have numbed a lot of you..... 😉

As stated there were plenty of Sundays I wonndered why I bothered watching the team.  

So happy many of you were okay with it.

Some of us have lived through many more rough years with this francise than just through the last 20. Because others don't care to continually go off on tirades about the past does not mean they do not have every bit as much passion and desire for their team to do well as you do.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

Needed a 4th down miracle from a team with nothing to play for...you could kind of tell the tide was turning :)

I take it you don't like the skunk stripe ;)

Well, he is what he is, and it ain’t something to be proud of.  I will spell it this way from now on “douche bagg” 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Because the organization ran like a Mom and Pop shop with things:

Promote from Within

Scanned a list of Names

Cash to Cap

Dust-Settler Free Agents

Watch the tape and correct mistakes

Sleeping when Free Agency starts

Marketing guy as GM

70-year old scout as GM

80-year old former Coach as GM

Running an outdated Tampa-2 defense with 225 pound linebackers

Director of Scouting not living in Buffalo, allowed to keep living in Florida

No-Stone unturned Coaching search that resulted in 5-days in Arizona

Regionalization of the team by sticking games in Toronto.

The Bills weren’t even in the league after Donahoe. They stopped trying completely.

most of these tie straight back to Ralph Wilson when in his 80's and 90's.   Once he passed, the org joined the living of the NFL.  Love ya Ralph, but for your last 20 years, you ran a local rugby club in what became the world's largest sports league 

39 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Some of us have lived through many more rough years with this francise than just through the last 20. Because others don't care to continually go off on tirades about the past does not mean they do not have every bit as much passion and desire for their team to do well as you do.

I just went back 20 for the heck of it.  I was 9 in 1972 and remember OJ breaking through (and now I question cheering him like I did).....  

18 minutes ago, MJS said:

I wonder how common it is to have both a top 10 offense and defense in the same year.

NE did it a # of times, however often a top Offensive team may rank in the bottom half Defense, because opponents are playing catch up.  Doesn't happen as much vice versa and often it is detrimental as a bad offense can't score when they need to. 

BTW NO won the SB when they were 1st Offense & 25th Defense.

Next year they were 4th in each & lost to 7-9 Seattle in WC game.....

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

I'll never forget that day because I watched the Bills win and then immediately had to leave for a first date.  I told myself that I'd just enjoy myself and check the score later that night.  

Of course, being a Bills fan, I couldn't stop myself from excusing myself to go to the bathroom when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket about 50 times.  I sat there on the toilet with my pants on for about 15 minutes answering texts, watching the play over and over and reading this board.  She must have thought I was taking a massive *****. 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Went through 20 years of Offensive & Defensive Rankings below & see why it was such a rough patch.....  Based on ranking in yards.

24 or lower in 12 of 20 years.....  This year being the first as a top 10 unit.

No wonder I was so starved for 300 yards & some offense.

So enjoying this year....  Well it is now 2021.....😉

Yep, they certainly earned any indifference or hate they got.

It would have been very hard to endure without the tailgating...........in fact I don't know if the team would still be here if the fans didn't stick together and find a reason to keep showing up and fund all that bad football as the NFL simultaneously tried to crack down on all that pre-game celebrating. 

Now that they are winning I hope people put their money where there mouth is...........and I don't mean like when @eball does that.