Bills 17th game will be against the NFC East winner next year

Big Turk

Albert Breer reporting the AFC East has a crossover division with the NFC South and 1 game against the NFC East where you play the team in the same position as you were the year before.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/31/kansas-city-chiefs-vs-green-bay-packers-2021-17th-game/

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Yeah but how many teams will say “hey we’re playing THE BILLS, it’ll be a primetime game?!”

time, they are a changin

Just now, Back the Blue said:

I don’t get it. The Saints were already on the Bills schedule for 2021. 

Agreed. I actually thought it was going to be v NFC East division winner tbh

• Like (+1) 1

I figured they would make the extra game against someone who wasn't already on the schedule. It would be a.good game though. 

Typical if true  This means the Patriots get 2 lousy teams each year now that they stink.

Edited by Seoulofstone

• Big Turk changed the title to Bills 17th game will be against the NFC East winner next year
2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

So, 17 th game of season or we play them twice, as we are already playing the NFC south next year?

My fault! I read it wrong...the full crossover is against the NFC South...our 1 game extra is against the NFC East...meaning WFT, Giants or Cowboys depending on what happens Sunday...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tortured Soul said:

Breer's tweet says the one game crossover will be against the NFC East, not the South.

Yeah I guess that is what I get for skimming over the tweet and not reading it fully...

Updated the title

• Like (+1) 1

Ok, I know it gets confusing so let’s make it simple if the 17th game happens (they said at the last meeting they approved all of the rules and set up for the 17th game, but has to be ratified or whatever at the next meeting, which I’m sure will happen).

We play:

AFCE (of course)

AFCS

AFCN (#1 - Steelers)

AFCW (#1 - Chiefs)

NFCS

and the way reported either home or away NFCE #1 (probably WFT or Dallas)

What surprises me is going every other in terms of home/away for AFC/NFC.  What made sense is neutral games to advance the popularity of the game, but they may be conservative with what happens with the health issues (pandemic).

As far a night games, it’s almost assured we get several.  We are the #2 passing team in the league and the networks wants to show off high offensive games.  It makes sense of likely opponents we would get primetime game with take you’re pick, the Bucs, Saints (depending if Brees comes back), Chiefs for sure, Fins, and maybe the Titans.  Not saying all, just likely choices as these are top teams and would draw good ratings.

As I’ve said before, the world is right for me with a Sunday 1pm game, but I know you guys love this stuff.

How dare you call them the Red.....?  Just kidding Estro.  I’m having a hard time with this name change too, not because sensitivity wise it’s the right thing, but just pick a damn name already.

That offense is weak, but their defense is awesome.  If Alex Smith is back and they draft weapons, they could be good.  The Giants will be a mess for awhile, and the Cowgirls are a hot mess.  Who knows if Dak can even make it back?  I was sickened by his injury.  I know the Alex Smith and Theisman injuries were horrific, but that foot and ankle going backwards is a possible career ender. 

It really doesn’t matter as all of those teams suck.  That is great for us.