Fitz OUT sunday

BillsMafi$

38 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Kudos to @djp14150 who posted this but whose post was closed ... good info from your friend ... thx

thanks. I don’t post BS stuff.

my friends friend is good friends friends with Fitz. Still is friends with him. He lived across the street from him.

I got this text from him to me a group of buddies we share this a few hours before it was known but I waited till I saw a second source when WGR retweeted a Miami beat reports tweet about him out of practice.

ive asked the mod to re open and merge the thread but for some reason he won’t.

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Soooo.... If we lose to the 'Phins this Sunday playing backups at key positions, they make the playoffs, we get them in the 1st round without them having Fitz and we proceed to thrash them for our first playoff win this millennium? 

the dates depend on when he tested positive, not when it was reported.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

make sure the rest of that team is clean.  they could crush our season by infecting a bunch of our starters.  

Exactly, without getting into Covid science stuff, I’ll just say this situation kind of scares me when you have a positive on the opposition a few days before playing them. Especially considering the playoffs begin next week. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NE Branch said:

Not excited for the potential slow-roll of positives and the possibility of a Dolphin being contagious on Sunday.  

As for our guys, remember when Bruuuuce didn't get a flu shot and was was sick for the 1988 Championship game?  

I hate for these things to be determined by injury/illness.

FWIW,  i saw a report recently that said there has not been one case of a player with Covid traced back to an outdoor football game.  That includes college and NFL.  These guys are spreading it by being indoors in enclosed rooms together with someone who unknowingly has it.  

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If McDermott doesn't believe Tua is a future franchise QB based on what he has seen on film and he wants to play chess while everyone else is playing checkers maybe he and Leslie Frazier call a game plan that makes Tua look respectable? I'm not saying we want him going off for 4 TDs and 300 yards but maybe just don't call a game plan that really brings the pressure, particularly if it's the second half and we already have two score lead. Give them hope for next season so the Dolphins don't see a need to give him the Josh Rosen treatment.

You think Barkley is going to give us a two score lead against a tough defense? And the Tua disrespect here is a bit over the top. He has a winning record and can be very efficient. If our starters don’t play to win, this will not be a cakewalk...

With regards to Tua,  just remember how many people who are "experts" on NFL matters simply dismissed Josh Allen after his first season.  Heck Terry Bradshaw still insists that a QB's completion % out of college never gets better...  Aikman is suspicious too,

16 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You think Barkley is going to give us a two score lead against a tough defense? And the Tua disrespect here is a bit over the top. He has a winning record and can be very efficient. If our starters don’t play to win, this will not be a cakewalk...

Spot on. If our B Defense is playing and they hand off 49 times, I can see us losing a 13-10 game. They have a solid D and Barkley + back up ain't gonna scare them. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Soooo.... If we lose to the 'Phins this Sunday playing backups at key positions, they make the playoffs, we get them in the 1st round without them having Fitz and we proceed to thrash them for our first playoff win this millennium? 

If bills lose to Miami, the Dolphins clinch the 5 seed so the bills would have no chance of playing them in the first round.

If the bills beat the Dolphins, then the Dolphins probably either finish 7th or even miss the playoffs.

Edited by BillsFan130

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Spot on. If our B Defense is playing and they hand off 49 times, I can see us losing a 13-10 game. They have a solid D and Barkley + back up ain't gonna scare them. 

Yeah, here's my idea of the McD gameplan:

- Play Allen to start- he gives us a two TD lead because he's god-tier right now.  Bench him.  Barkley is probably good for 10 points.  Sic the D on Tua and let him flounder around phins up like a beached mammal in the snow.  Should be enough for a win, even against backups on D.  That's the plan anyway.

1 minute ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

- Play Allen to start- he gives us a two TD lead because he's god-tier right now.  Bench him.  Barkley is probably good for 10 points.  Sic the D on Tua and let him flounder around phins up like a beached mammal in the snow.  Should be enough for a win, even against backups on D.  That's the plan anyway.

I could live with that. I would really like to demoralize Tua.

7 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

I like the positive thoughts .

But to score two Tds on 2 drives against one of the best defences in the league, in bad weather, is pretty optimistic.

I am not saying the Bills can’t do it.

But Miami has a damn good defence with everything to play for.

Remember as well the bills probably won’t give their A game plans away. Cause if they do beat Miami, there’s a chance they got to play them in the wild card round.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Green Lightning said:

I could live with that. I would really like to demoralize Tua.

I think that happens, Tua being demoralized.  I thought the Patriots might make it a game, but we just crushed them under our boot like a spent cigarette.  Now, granted, the Dolphins are a much better team, but we're predators on the prowl and we won't give Tua any quarter, no matter starters or what.  As long as Allen plays a half, I'm confident we win this game.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I like the positive thoughts .

But to score two Tds on 2 drives against one of the best defences in the league, in bad weather, is pretty optimistic.

I am not saying the Bills can’t do it.

But Miami has a damn good defence with everything to play for.

Well, Allen has more total touchdowns than times we've punted.  Look it up, it's a fact.  So yes, I don't think it's optimistic.  And anyway, who said two drives?  A half.

2 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

I think that happens, Tua being demoralized.  I thought the Patriots might make it a game, but we just crushed them under our boot like a spent cigarette.  Now, granted, the Dolphins are a much better team, but we're predators on the prowl and we won't give Tua any quarter, no matter starters or what.  As long as Allen plays a half, I'm confident we win this game.

Well, Allen has more total touchdowns than times we've punted.  Look it up, it's a fact.  So yes, I don't think it's optimistic.  And anyway, who said two drives?  A half.

I highly doubt the starters play the full half.