Fitz OUT sunday

BillsMafi$

The Covid discussion is a rabbit hole, so a suggestion, stay out of it.  Way too many differing opinions about just everything.

For the game, this makes things interesting.  Now the Steelers are saying a whole bunch of top o,Ayers are sitting for the Browns.  For us, we can much more easily beat Tua so early in his career.  Nothing against him as I’m sure he’ll grow in time. It will be interesting to see what McD does with who he sits who he doesn’t.  I would agree with Florio and Simms, without a second bye it changes the nature of this game.  I just hope it’s a competitive game.  Least year the Jests game was painful.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Phinsfaninpeace said:

I know I'm late to this topic. Admittedly I haven't read any of this thread. But I swear the football Gods are against us. We just aren't allowed to have nice things! Here's hoping to you guys resting your starters!!🍺

I will start reading the thread now!

Oh yeah, we are battling eachother for sure!! Lol

Are you serious? Thats funny. Thats pretty petty also. 

Yep banned for the game. I guess I will see post game if they let me back in. Lol

1 hour ago, Phinsfaninpeace said:

I know I'm late to this topic. Admittedly I haven't read any of this thread. But I swear the football Gods are against us. We just aren't allowed to have nice things! Here's hoping to you guys resting your starters!!🍺

I'm curious about how you guys see what Flores is doing with yanking Tua for Fitz.  We had some rough times Allen's rookie season and even his 2nd season where he would get confused or bemused and struggle against certain defenses, but we left him in there and often he figured it out and we started moving the ball and were in it at the end, down in the red zone with a chance to score or tie or win on a field goal.  There were only a couple of games last year where he couldn't seem to sort it after struggling for maybe the first half, maybe even 3Q.

It just seems like it has to be sending a destructive message to the rookie "you're good enough to play for us until we need a spark, then we don't trust you to bring it"

Of course Allen had his rushing ability as a weapon, so it's a little different.

Just wondering if there are viewpoints where what Flores is doing is a positive and good thing.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I wouldn't be so confident in that. The guy has already been benched twice. I get that they are in a unique circumstance. But for all we know they could be seriously considering his future already before this game. If he has a terrible game playing against Buffalo's back ups most the game that could be a problem when they have the third overall pick. 

I found this thread through bangedupbills on twitter

I posted it elsewhere but it's relevant here where Tua's arm strength is being discussed.  Fundamentally being discussed that he's throwing from his torso, shoulder and arm and not getting his hips into it, which he used to do well at Alabama.

It should also be considered that even if Tua were to play and does not play well, many rookie QB don't play well against a defense that disguises its coverages and blitzes, that doesn't necessarily mean they can't learn.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm curious about how you guys see what Flores is doing with yanking Tua for Fitz.  We had some rough times Allen's rookie season and even his 2nd season where he would get confused or bemused and struggle against certain defenses, but we left him in there and often he figured it out and we started moving the ball and were in it at the end, down in the red zone with a chance to score or tie or win on a field goal.  There were only a couple of games last year where he couldn't seem to sort it after struggling for maybe the first half, maybe even 3Q.

It just seems like it has to be sending a destructive message to the rookie "you're good enough to play for us until we need a spark, then we don't trust you to bring it"

Of course Allen had his rushing ability as a weapon, so it's a little different.

Just wondering if there are viewpoints where what Flores is doing is a positive and good thing.

Flores is getting a lot of love for how well he supposedly is handling the flip flopping.  Pundits are stating he’s handling both egos so well.

Traditional logic is this is a bad idea, amd either stick with Fitz or really make the switch.  It just seems he’s trying to break in Tua, yet sees a shot at the playoffs and his hand is shown Fitz is better for that goal.  I’m open to hearing what people think.  I know I would have gone with Fitz longer as no one would question Flores call, if they stuck with Fitz for another few weeks.  He could have made the call if bad Fitz came out.  Once switching to Tua, I would’ve stuck with him.

Then again, they are doing a similar thing in Chicago.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If I’m Tua and his agent, I’m most worried about the word “spark” being associated with his play.  Tua couldn’t have been more pedestrian in his play against the Raiders. And the two times Fitz came in recently the game script, action and momentum immediately flipped. Immediately.

The best thing that ironically happened for Tua and maybe long term for the Dolphins was Fitz is not available to play in the next 2 games.  Tua gets to play good/bad/ugly without the threat of being yanked for a spark.  He will learn and grow from the outcomes of these games either way.  I suspect he plays less tentative now.  

Edited by wjag

22 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Now someone try and explain to me how Tua would not be a close contact. Once they contact trace. 

I read somewhere a while back that teams have been keeping the QBs apart during the week, not watching film etc together, in case one of them did test positive.  

Didn't Cam Newton test positive during the season but his backup played?

Edited by CodeMonkey

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Then again, they are doing a similar thing in Chicago.

But Trubisky is in his 4th year and has shown many troubling traits, including lack of accuracy, holding on to the ball too long, not reading coverages very well etc. I contend that if a QB hasnt shown measurable, provable progress by the 3rd year (Allen was making progress even in his 2nd year), it is highly likely that he wont. Exceptions exist such as Tannehill, where it has become clear that his struggles in Miami were related to Gase.  But I digress. Back to Tua (speaking objectively), I hope Miami does not give up on him very soon. The kid deserves a chance to use the offseason to improve himself.