Fitz OUT sunday

BillsMafi$

8 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Fair enough.  We'll see.  I don't see Allen starting the game and then not playing a full half at least.

If Josh starts, he'll play a series or two.  I think they get him his 40 yards, Diggs as many receptions and yards as they can, and then let them both sit.

The Fins have one of the best defenses in the NFL. All they need is average production from the offense to win games. Sound familiar? Same pattern the Bills used the previous 2 years. It seems that Flores is using the same pattern to build the fins that McDermott and Beane used to build the Bills. Of course they took less time since they had a ton of draft pics and cap money to work with this off season.

If we rest any starters we lose a low scoring game. Thinking that Barkley can put 10 points against that defense is absurd unless you mean giving 10 points, 7 from the pick 6 and 3 after another int. This game is not going to be a cake walk even with the starters playing. If we do build up a 3 score lead then by all means put in backups, not only to rest the starters but to give the backups valuable game reps while still securing the #2 seed

Edited by FTLBillsfan

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

If Josh starts, he'll play a series or two.  I think they get him his 40 yards, Diggs as many receptions and yards as they can, and then let them both sit.

Yes, I get this logic.  I just think that McD wants to play it until the half, to see how the Steelers fare.  I think he wants to win this game if necessary to ensure the 2 seed.

3 hours ago, eball said:

The Bruce Smith incident you are referring to was the 1995 divisional playoff at Pittsburgh, not the ‘88 AFCC.

Thanks for the correction.  I can now move all distaste for that '88 loss into the Ickey Woods column!

• Like (+1) 1

Just taking a wild guess here, but I think with Fitz being out and Tua having to play the whole game, McDermott will rest starters. I think the bills can beat the Dolphins with mainly backups playing. I don't think it'll be a blowout, but I believe Barkley is better than Tua right now 

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t understand how people on here think the Fitz situation changes what we do.

Fitz is the backup there— odds were slim he was going to play anyway (it would have to be a close game in which Tua was ineffective— similar to the Miami/raiders game). If we are up big or Tua is doing okay, we wouldn’t have seen Fitz anyway— and even then, I think he is being brought in as an absolute last resort. 

i think McD is either going to play his starters or not regardless of what anyone else is doing. Unlike with the Steelers, There’s been no indication from anyone on the Bills that the backups will be playing. 

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t understand how people on here think the Fitz situation changes what we do.

Fitz is the backup there— odds were slim he was going to play anyway (it would have to be a close game in which Tua was ineffective— similar to the Miami/raiders game). If we are up big or Tua is doing okay, we wouldn’t have seen Fitz anyway— and even then, I think he is being brought in as an absolute last resort. 

i think McD is either going to play his starters or not regardless of what anyone else is doing. Unlike with the Steelers, There’s been no indication from anyone on the Bills that the backups will be playing. 

Fitz won't be there to rescue Tua if the Bills decide to play their starters on defense.  That Raiders game is a loss last weekend if not for Fitz.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

With regards to Tua,  just remember how many people who are "experts" on NFL matters simply dismissed Josh Allen after his first season.  Heck Terry Bradshaw still insists that a QB's completion % out of college never gets better...  Aikman is suspicious too,

the difference...Josh seem to have  nfl arm strength.  I am unsure on Tuaifhe can’t throw downfield by more than 10 yrds or throwing tight coverage.

looking-at his stats says he might be padding stats late in games after it’s been decided 

idlime to see is pro stats based on air thrown Remington YAC.

1 minute ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

But this year we're winning the whole thing.  And IMO McD thinks the 2nd seed gets us there easier.

I am completely baffled why anyone thinks this.  McDermott hasn't really said anything other than we'll do what's best for the team.  And why would he or anyone expect the Steelers to win the next 2 games after the way they've played for the last month?  

We'll see on Sunday, but I'd bet good money that Allen and Diggs at minimum will not play longer than a quarter (my gut tells me they might play one drive or less.)

Just now, Captain Caveman said:

I am completely baffled why anyone thinks this.  McDermott hasn't really said anything other than we'll do what's best for the team.  And why would he or anyone expect the Steelers to win the next 2 games after the way they've played for the last month?  

We'll see on Sunday, but I'd bet good money that Allen and Diggs at minimum will not play longer than a quarter (my gut tells me they might play one drive or less.)

I hear you.  I'm just casting the bones and doing my occult rituals about the McDoubleSpeak.

I know I'm late to this topic. Admittedly I haven't read any of this thread. But I swear the football Gods are against us. We just aren't allowed to have nice things! Here's hoping to you guys resting your starters!!🍺

I will start reading the thread now!

6 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

finheaven ready to explode...

Oh yeah, we are battling eachother for sure!! Lol

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I would be poking them. But they are banning all Bills fans for this week. Ahhhhhh poor thin skins. 

Are you serious? Thats funny. Thats pretty petty also. 

Edited by Phinsfaninpeace
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I get it, and not being a Tua defender, but many pro athletes never see real snow or cold before playing in the pros. 

There are no practice conditions in Miami that can prepare him for the weather he will play in on Sunday. Maybe he will do ok. But it has to be a concern for them.