Could we see Jake Fromm play this Sunday?

gjv001

The chances of this are zero, Fromm is the emergency QB throughout the postseason, Covid is sill with us, there is no taking the poorly thought out option at any time this season or post season. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Isn't the general consensus that Josh is still going to play some, at least until we get a good lead or Pittsburg falls behind?

And why would we play emergency Covid QB Fromm over our regular backup Barkley who would actually play if Josh goes down?

• Like (+1) 2

Zero. Because say he does come to play and Barkley becomes emergency QB.  God forbid Allen gets covid this week. Then Allen is obviously out. Barkley would be out for being in contact with him on Sunday. And Fromm would be out for being in contact with him this week. If you want to switch emergency QBs you need about 2 weeks to prepare for switch

• Like (+1) 1

Agree with the above responses.  

I’d love to see Fromm in game action, but it wouldn’t make much sense given the approach we’ve taken all year.  

If I had to guess, it’s going to be Barkley starting with Webb backing up, and potentially getting some reps as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do people realize that we have to, at the very least, have the same record as the Steelers in order to secure the #2 seed?

This is not a throwaway game.

I'd like to see Barkley to start and then Fromm in the 2nd half, or earlier if Barkley sucks.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do people realize that we have to, at the very least, have the same record as the Steelers in order to secure the #2 seed?

This is not a throwaway game.

We need to win or for pitt to lose. And then what happens if that doesn’t happen? We might not get a home divisional round game? Only if the Steelers win their wild card. So basically for us to actually be hurt by any of this our backups need to lose to Miami and pitts backups need to beat Cleveland and pitt needs to win their wildcard game. I’ll take those chances and not start our starters. 

Edited by quinnearlysghost88
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Should McDermott decide to handle Sunday's game against Miami like a preseason game, we could get our first glimpse of Jake Fromm.

McDermott was asked in his Monday presser if he would be making a change to  how the QBs were handled and specifically to Jake Fromm's status.

He said a pretty definitive "no" to that latter.

I think all signs point to, if we're going to see a QB other than Allen or Barkley, it will be Davis Webb.

17 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Isn't the general consensus that Josh is still going to play some, at least until we get a good lead or Pittsburg falls behind?

And why would we play emergency Covid QB Fromm over our regular backup Barkley who would actually play if Josh goes down?

I've been listening to WGR all week and it sounds too me like consensus is that Allen will probably play very little, if at all.  I don't think whatever happens in Pittsburgh will really play into it.  Regardless of if they win, I don't expect them to win 2 games in a row (and if they do, does anyone think the Bills are worried about going there?)

Bottom line is you have to weigh likelihood of not getting that second home game (pretty unlikely) and how much it could impact our chances (even more unlikely) vs likelihood of Allen or someone significant getting hurt (it happens to teams every week) and how it would impact our chances of winning (if Allen goes down we're likely screwed.)

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

We need to win or for pitt to lose. And then what happens if that doesn’t happen? We might not get a home divisional round game? Only if the Steelers win their wild card. So basically for us to actually be hurt by any of this our backups need to lose to Miami and pitts backups need to beat Cleveland and pitt needs to win their wildcard game. I’ll take those chances and not start our starters. 

Of all fan bases, Bills fans should know to not take backups lightly ... especially Pittsburgh's.

Play to win the game, I say.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Fromm has been the COVID quarantine QB the entire season. 
If they take him OUT of that quarantine to play him, it defeats the entire purpose.

Well, in theory...if they put the right protocols around it, they could take Fromm "out of the bubble" and put Barkley or Webb into it with no loss of purpose.

But McDermott was asked that question specifically and specifically said "no change"

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I've been listening to WGR all week and it sounds too me like consensus is that Allen will probably play very little, if at all.  I don't think whatever happens in Pittsburgh will really play into it.  Regardless of if they win, I don't expect them to win 2 games in a row (and if they do, does anyone think the Bills are worried about going there?)

Bottom line is you have to weigh likelihood of not getting that second home game (pretty unlikely) and how much it could impact our chances (even more unlikely) vs likelihood of Allen or someone significant getting hurt (it happens to teams every week) and how it would impact our chances of winning (if Allen goes down we're likely screwed.)

If you take anything WGR says seriously, I feel sorry for you.