Frank Reich requested to not show out-of-town scores in season finale

The Wiz

Thought this was pretty interesting.  I get the idea and they were talking about it on WGR.

The Indianapolis Colts need help to get into the playoffs -- but first, they need to take care of their own business by beating the downtrodden Jaguars.

In order to keep their professional football players focused on doing their jobs, the Colts are hiding scores of other NFL games involving teams Indianapolis needs to lose during Sunday's affair.

"Maybe not to all guys, but if it's a distraction to one guy, that's one guy too many," Colts coach Frank Reich said of the decision, via ESPN. "It's better not to have them up there. It's irrelevant. It can do nothing to add to what we have to focus on. It only has a potential negative effect in our view."

11 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Does Indy have any fans?  I guess it really doesnt matter with cell phones

They don't but it's more to keep the players focused on the game they are playing instead of watching the Raven/Bengals score.

I can see pros and cons to it.

Good to keep the players focused.  Bad because if they Ravens are blowing out the Bengals then there really isn't any reason to keep playing players and risking injury if their season is over.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

They don't but it's more to keep the players focused on the game they are playing instead of watching the Raven/Bengals score.

Good to keep the players focused.  Bad because if they Ravens are blowing out the Bengals then there really isn't any reason to keep playing players and risking injury if their season is over.

True, but I guess no one said that Frank won’t know 😂. Honestly though, Reich’s a pretty straightforward guy. I’m sure he won’t pay attention, and wants to play starters the entire game regardless. With that said, it really wouldn’t be bad if someone could relay a Bengals blowout to him so he could pull some starters. 

Edited by SirAndrew

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Well Frank will know. Someone will radio it to him.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Millions of dollars in new player contracts could shift on the last game.  Week 17 is often called a job application for a reason.

I bet they will have staff still watching the scores and if they can pull starters you will see them pulled.  Just because the players dont see it doesnt mean they wont have an intern or assistant coach watching.  

Would be foolish not to.  Just dont have to tell the players. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

That is the one of few gripes I have with the stadium outside peeing in the sinks.

Yeah, I love the old stadium, but I never realized how terrible the bathroom situation is until my last visit. In addition to sink peeing, you can miss a significant portion of the game waiting for the bathroom. I have no use for all the fancy bells and whistles these new stadiums have, but waiting 20 minutes to get an open stall is ridiculous, and it’s the one new stadium amenity I’d appreciate. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I love the old stadium, but I never realized how terrible the bathroom situation is until my last visit. In addition to sink peeing, you can miss a significant portion of the game waiting for the bathroom. I have no use for all the fancy bells and whistles these new stadiums have, but waiting 20 minutes to get an open stall is ridiculous, and it’s the one new stadium amenity I’d appreciate. 

When they did the remodel, they reduced the size of the restrooms. Instead of making it better, they made it worse. The architects screwed up royally.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

I bet they will have staff still watching the scores and if they can pull starters you will see them pulled.  Just because the players dont see it doesnt mean they wont have an intern or assistant coach watching.  

Would be foolish not to.  Just dont have to tell the players. 

Huh? There is no scenario where the colts would pull starters.

Edited by Process

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

They need troughs like Wrigley field, it’s a sausage fest but that line usually moves fast.