Bills host WR Tanner Gentry for visit.

MAJBobby

18 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Of all the guys they are bringing in, Stills is the only one I could fathom as being someone they could/would rely on, even if minimally, to play in a playoff game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miAquVGlb8I

Go to the 4:10 Mark...I GUARANTEE this will be VERY familiar to every Bills fan that watched the game this past weekend.

Edited by OrediggerPoke
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know having a receiver Allen knows well is extremely important.  I'm guessing they are hoping for a Allen-Beasley like communication.  I don't see Brown being out for the playoffs but Beasley might be a few weeks.  I'm guessing an ACL sprain....  No one wants Roberts on offense again when it counts

38 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Teams brings guys in and out all the time. This is just news because of Beasley possibly missing time, it doesn't mean he will.

Hope I’m wrong but sign one guy while bringing in two more.  It’s just circumstantial but it feels bad to me.   When is the last time they had three wrs in three days?  Like I said hope I’m wrong.  

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Aren't there different rules governing practice squad call ups and such for the playoffs?  Teams are going to have increased flexibility to carry more guys and move them around without the risk of losing them?

I suspect we're seeing the Cleveland Browns effect in full operation here.  They lost all four starting WR's to covid.  If it could happen to them it could happen to anyone.  It's almost as if the Bills are assembling a shadow receiving group just in case.

very smart idea.  backup WR group.  would Hodges be available?  

47 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Hope I’m wrong but sign one guy while bringing in two more.  It’s just circumstantial but it feels bad to me.   When is the last time they had three wrs in three days?  Like I said hope I’m wrong.  

No reason to worry. Maybe they just want Allen to break another record, but he was running out of different receivers to throw to. 

• Like (+1) 1

Before we put Beasley down like Barbaro lets look at some facts.

Bills had Kumerow and The Duke on the PS.

Kumerow got activated.

Kumerow was waived and they hoped he would clear to go back to the PS.

Kumerow got claimed.

Kumerow left a spot open for a WR on the PS.

Yes there is a chance that one of the PS WRs may need to get elevated but let's just wait and see.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 2

This guy was drafted in 2017, caught 3 balls all season for the Bears, did nothing in 2018, and hasn't been on a team since, and people think he's going to step in and see action for the playoffs? Really? 🙄

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rubes said:

This guy was drafted in 2017, caught 3 balls all season for the Bears, did nothing in 2018, and hasn't been on a team since, and people think he's going to step in and see action for the playoffs? Really? 🙄

Wouldn’t be surprised if we traded Diggs in the offseason now.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I mean that's probably true, at the same time though who's been throwing to him?

From realistic perspective as a fan of the Bills we absolutely don't want to rely on Tanner Gentry though if they sign him he's obviously going to be on the bubble.

From a Wyoming cowboys fan and Football narrative romantic I love the idea though.

9 minutes ago, Rubes said:

If Josh says bring me Tanner Gentry you get the man what he wants.  Slightly biased on my part though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Rubes said:

If you haven’t learned to expect the unexpected with Josh Allen yet, then I don’t know what to tell you.  

BTW - I’ll help you with your facts:

1) Gentry was never drafted.

2) Gentry was in the XFL earlier this year before the league folded so technically he was on a team.  

EDIT - Gentry was never drafted out of college.  He was drafted in the 3rd round of the XFL draft.  

Edited by OrediggerPoke

Josh and Tanner only had one full season together at Wyo and combined for 14 TDs and over 1,400 yds.  When Josh scrambled Tanner was his WR that found the open spot for the throw.

Gentry isn't big or fast, but he  ran great routes and won the 50/50 balls.

Edited by Pokebball

4 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miAquVGlb8I

Go to the 4:10 Mark...I GUARANTEE this will be VERY familiar to every Bills fan that watched the game this past weekend.

Why, Yes.  Yes, in fact, I do recognize that sequence of events.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we traded Diggs in the offseason now.

Don't slip into that Sar Chasm and hurt yourself.

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

Well, first off, wasn't drafted.  Was signed as an UDFA by the Bears and spent two seasons on their practice squad with a couple of call ups to the active roster during which he played some ST and had a few targets, which is pretty typical for a fringe guy in the NFL.  He was waived in 2019 and drafted for the XFL which of course, folded.  With Covid restrictions and no OTAs, it became much harder for fringe players to come in and get looks.

I don't expect him to see action in the normal course of things, but if Brown actually has covid vs. being a contact, and if Beasley's injury is worse, we may well need some guys.  An unknown factor is how the Bills are organizationally handling their PS WRs - are they keeping some kind of isolation so that they don't lose the whole position group if one guy tests positive? 

If you want to bring in a guy who's going to sit on the practice squad as "break glass in emergency", it does seem like our QB's best WR from college is not a bad choice to bring in for a look.  Though "you can't go home again"; after the speed of the NFL game and throwing to guys like Diggs, Brown, and Beasley, Josh may find that the routes his buddy Tanner runs looks different to him. 

• Like (+1) 1