WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

13 minutes ago, gordong said:

How did they sign the practice wr that was just in yesterday though?

Ā 

I believe he was in town from last week after the Kumerow signing. Ā He was tested and finally cleared protocol- then the Bills did a physical and signed him today. Ā Yesterday was most likely is physical and initial meeting.

Ā 

The difference is as a nobody - he was getting tested and no one says anything or notices.

Ā 

A veteran that people follow on Twitter makes it a big deal.

Ā 

Just like today they brought in Gentry - they do this to begin the process because this year with COVID it takes a week to get a guy onto your roster.

Ā 

Would not be the least bit surprised if this new guy gets a call up as a PS player and then is dumped for Stills next week after Stills clears. Ā Depends on special teams and additional injuries.

39 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Ā 

I donā€™t think it is official until he clears COVID protocols to come in and sign.

Ā 

Beane said early in the season - it takes time to sign these guys because they have to clear to sign - if they officially sign him now - they would need to clear space before he clears protocol - so you lose a spot for a minimum of 5 days.

Ā 

Therefore it is a deal in place and once he clears they will make it official.

Ā 

Also - I donā€™t believe they can do a physical exam until he clears COVID protocol. Ā You do not want him potentially exposing anyĀ of the Bills medical staff - which could then spread through the team. Ā The official signing will come Sunday or more likely Monday and then he will begin to get acclimated to the team.

Ā 

Ā 

Physical can be done byĀ a doctor hired by the Bills at an off site revenue.Ā  This is likely where he will get his covid testing done as well.

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Physical can be done byĀ a doctor hired by the Bills at an off site revenue.Ā  This is likely where he will get his covid testing done as well.

Agreed, but my guess is the Full Bills staff will do another physical once he clears protocol as part of the signing process.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Agreed, but my guess is the Full Bills staff will do another physical once he clears protocol as part of the signing process.Ā 

I'm sure they will also.Ā  Was more to the point that if he gets there and he gets a physical from "non-bills" physicians and they give him the "I dunno" hand wave then I doubt they are going to keep him around through the 6 day protocol.

Ā 

And honestly, I wouldn't doubt if they gave him additional check ups during his 6 days.Ā  It's probably the best thing about the 6 day protocol is that you can keep testing a player without having to sign him (whether it be for covid or injury).

Edited by The Wiz

2 hours ago, wjag said:

Just send him on go routes to clear out the underneath stuff.Ā 

Exactly

Ā 

He will be easily defended but thats really all we need from him

Ā 

Basically brown moves to the slot to replace Beasley and stills takes the speed outside guy that Brown plays often and davis had been filling in

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

His Wikipedia page has him as a professional football player of the Buffalo Bills. Just saying . . .

This would be an awesome acquisition. It would put their receiving corps on par with the Chiefs. Allowing their rotation to be more powerful/explosive. Leaving Andre Roberts to only return duties.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Exactly

Ā 

He will be easily defended but thats really all we need from him

Ā 

Basically brown moves to the slot to replace Beasley and stills takes the speed outside guy that Brown plays often and davis had been filling in

Ā 

Sure, that's possible, but there really isn't much to support this projection, IMHO.Ā 

Ā 

Brown is an outside guy, more so than any other WR on the Bills roster:Ā https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=9684Ā (snap counts by alignment are down near the bottom of the page). This year's numbers could be skewed by sample size, but the evidence points to both Diggs and Davis being more likely options for increased snaps in the slot.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If healthy Stills brings some veteran savvy, Ā excellent deep ball tracking and decent contested catch skillĀ to the Z or X position.

Ā 

The past couple weeks Allen has thrown the best deep balls of his career.

Ā 

Unfortunately Gabe Davis hasn't been very efficient on contested deep tosses.

Ā 

He had one where he unnecessarily left his feet to catch a ball on the sidelines and got pushed out.............and he has had a couple where I thought he showed his inexperience when he he was in position to draw a couple PI calls at least and didn't do enough to sell it.

Ā 

If they get in a track meet where they can't give away a possessionĀ Stills experience might really help.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ā 

Ā 

If healthy Stills brings some veteran savvy, Ā excellent deep ball tracking and decent contested catch skillĀ to the Z or X position.

Ā 

The past couple weeks Allen has thrown the best deep balls of his career.

Ā 

Unfortunately Gabe Davis hasn't been very efficient on contested deep tosses.

Ā 

He had one where he unnecessarily left his feet to catch a ball on the sidelines and got pushed out.............and he has had a couple where I thought he showed his inexperience when he he was in position to draw a couple PI calls at least and didn't do enough to sell it.

Ā 

If they get in a track meet where they can't give away a possessionĀ Stills experience might really help.

Ā 

All true.Ā  It should also be said, I haven't watched the Texans and am going by the stats but his catch % wasn't great in Miami (52.7%), was good last year in Houston, but was poor again this year (58%) and he had a lot of drops (3 out of 19 targets, 16%)

Ā 

Still, as noted, he's a cut above the typical "guy on a couch waiting for a call" FA you sign this time of year.Ā 

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Has anyone listed the Familial connection between JC Jackson and Diggs yet?

3,2,1..., whoā€™s your daddy JCJ...