WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

Saw the Gentry thread before this one.  Now his hands are suspect.  He can get behind a defense though.  By low with real upside.  Diggs, Beasley, and Brown are true pros.  If he cant get in here good luck to him.  

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

More to it than that. Guaranteed. 

Didn't they just sign a WR to the practice squad in place of Kumerow? 

I didn’t see that until now.  

what does “more to it than that” include?  Does it mean that it’s because Beasley is going to miss multiple games?  Because that’s really the only news that would be terrible

Edited by NewEra

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Being a rookie kicker is nothing like being a rookie WR.  

Bass isn't event the best K from Georgia Southern in the past 3 years!  Koo is killing it--95% and 8/8 from 50+

Koo sure "killed it" against the Chefs.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Being a rookie kicker is nothing like being a rookie WR.  

Bass isn't event the best K from Georgia Southern in the past 3 years!  Koo is killing it--95% and 8/8 from 50+ 

Ok, so because he isn’t as good as a pro bowl kicker.....that proves.....what exactly?  

Kicker is nothing like being a WR......yeah and?  

bass has been really good and looks to be our kicker for the next 10+ years. 

not sure what this post accomplishes.  I agreed with you.  It just seems like your 💩  on Bass for no reason. He was a very good draft pick.  Why argue it?

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Koo sure "killed it" against the Chefs.  :lol:

1 miss at a bad time, sure (in a game where the Falcons were still ahead anyway with 2 min to go).

He has had 11 games where he made 100% of his FGs this year.  Great point doc!

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok, so because he isn’t as good as a pro bowl kicker.....that proves.....what exactly?  

Kicker is nothing like being a WR......yeah and?  

bass has been really good and looks to be our kicker for the next 10+ years. 

not sure what this post accomplishes.  I agreed with you.  It just seems like your 💩  on Bass for no reason. He was a very good draft pick.  Why argue it?

As kickers go this year, he's been mediocre.  

I was arguing that he's not a better draft pick than Davis.  

It's likely Stills has had other offers, and he was just waiting for a top team in need of WR depth for the playoff push. He's a free agent with a respectable resume, and that means he can hold out for a good situation. I think it says a lot that/if? he decided to come to Buffalo. 

Edited by skibum

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

1 miss at a bad time, sure (in a game where the Falcons were still ahead anyway with 2 min to go).

Huh?  He missed a 39-yarder to tie the game.  Check-out his rookie season (and the rookie seasons of a lot of the guys above Bass), if you want to talk about "great points."

And Bass has made 100% of his FGs in his last 8 games (save for the 61-yarder against the Seahawks).  Meanwhile Jay Feely said that his early-season misses were the fault of Ferguson and/or Reid.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think Stills will be here. A lot of interaction with Bills fans in the last hour. 

Sounds like it.  Speed and he's a veteran who can play the slot.  The sooner the better so he can ideally get to play against Miami.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Be sure.  He finally passed 82% on FG.  He replaced a guy the Bills fired for being an 82% FG kicker for them (2 years at 79%).  There's 17 guy with better accuracy than him this year.  There are 10 guys with the same or better % over 50 yards.  

Considering most of of his struggles were early in the season and the man set an NFL record with 3 54+ yard FGs in a single quarter against AZ I'd say he has been pretty damn consistent. He also won a game by himself against the Jets and hits touchbacks whenever he is asked to.

He is 21 of his last 23 FG attempts dating back to the end of the Jet game and hasn't missed since the Seattle game and that was a 61 yarder which was a little lengthy.

He also is 5 points away from leading the NFL in scoring.  I think I'm pretty sure Bass has been more valuable....much more so than Dead Leg Hauschka

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

As kickers go this year, he's been mediocre.  

I was arguing that he's not a better draft pick than Davis.  

Yes, I realize that.  I agreed with you.  But you’re not giving Bass enough credit. You sound like a predraft allen hater trying to stick to your guns but in regards to Bass.

Bass hasn’t missed a fg in 6 games.  1 FG in the last 8 games.  He has a cannon for a leg  gives us a chance to win some games that other teams can’t win, because their kicker doesn’t have Bass’ leg.  He’s not just some mediocre kicker right now.  

7 minutes ago, skibum said:

It's likely Stills has had other offers, and he was just waiting for a top team in need of WR depth for the playoff push. He's a free agent with a respectable resume, and that means he can hold out for a good situation. I think it says a lot that/if? he decided to come to Buffalo. 

I mean....we’re really good.  It’s no secret 

The Stills signing could mean anything from "just a cherry on top for a good offense" to "Beasley and/or Brown will miss a playoff game".

No one knows where on that spectrum the truth lies, and anyone who says they do is lying. It's fun to speculate and all, but it's total guess work. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Huh?  He missed a 39-yarder to tie the game.  Check-out his rookie season (and the rookie seasons of a lot of the guys above Bass), if you want to talk about "great points."

And Bass has made 100% of his FGs in his last 8 games (save for the 61-yarder against the Seahawks).  Meanwhile Jay Feely said that his early-season misses were the fault of Ferguson and/or Reid.

Sounds like it.  Speed and he's a veteran who can play the slot.  The sooner the better so he can ideally get to play against Miami.

True about the last miss.  But you could not have picked a worse case of a kicker too mock this season.  

Also, he played 4 games his rookie year--he was cut after missing 3 of his first 6 FGs (Bass survived after 4/6).

I'm sure every kicker thinks their misses are on anyone else.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes, I realize that.  I agreed with you.  But you’re not giving Bass enough credit. You sound like a predraft allen hater trying to stick to your guns but in regards to Bass.

Bass hasn’t missed a fg in 6 games.  1 FG in the last 8 games.  He has a cannon for a leg  gives us a chance to win some games that other teams can’t win, because their kicker doesn’t have Bass’ leg.  He’s not just some mediocre kicker right now.  

I mean....we’re really good.  It’s no secret 

Lol, no.

He won the Jets game for sure.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

True about the last miss.  But you could not have picked a worse case of a kicker too mock this season.  

Also, he played 4 games his rookie year--he was cut after missing 3 of his first 6 FGs (Bass survived after 4/6).

Lol, no.

He won the Jets game for sure.

Absolutely.  Calling him a mediocre kicker has haterade splashed all over it.  He’s been better than mediocre.  Bass was a very good draft pick as of right now.  There really is no disputing that.  Davis is the better pick.....because wr is harder

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Feely had no reason to blame anyone else.  And Ferguson took the blame when asked about it.  And seems to have corrected it.

As for Koo, I remember him with the Chargers in his rookie season and what a disaster he was.  His confidence was gone after his 3rd miss.  Good for him that he seems to have fixed his issues.  But that miss against the Chefs was bad.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Considering most of of his struggles were early in the season and the man set an NFL record with 3 54+ yard FGs in a single quarter against AZ I'd say he has been pretty damn consistent. He also won a game by himself against the Jets and hits touchbacks whenever he is asked to.

He is 21 of his last 23 FG attempts dating back to the end of the Jet game and hasn't missed since the Seattle game and that was a 61 yarder which was a little lengthy.

He also is 5 points away from leading the NFL in scoring.  I think I'm pretty sure Bass has been more valuable....much more so than Dead Leg Hauschka

Kickers routinely lead the NFL in scoring.    It's expected.  29 of the top 36 scorers are.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Feely had no reason to blame anyone else.  And Ferguson took the blame when asked about it.  And seems to have corrected it.

As for Koo, I remember him with the Chargers in his rookie season and what a disaster he was.  His confidence was gone after his 3rd miss.  Good for him that he seems to have fixed his issues.  But that miss against the Chefs was bad.

You remember a guy who kicked 6 FGs as a rookie for the Chargers 3 years ago?  Sure you did, doc...lol.

And yes, that miss vs KC knocked the Falcons right out of the playoffs....very bad

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Absolutely.  Calling him a mediocre kicker has haterade splashed all over it.  He’s been better than mediocre.  Bass was a very good draft pick as of right now.  There really is no disputing that.  Davis is the better pick.....because wr is harder

That's what I said, so...agreed.

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Stills signing could mean anything from "just a cherry on top for a good offense" to "Beasley and/or Brown will miss a playoff game".

No one knows where on that spectrum the truth lies, and anyone who says they do is lying. It's fun to speculate and all, but it's total guess work. 

Imagine how Stills can open things up for Diggs...

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Kickers routinely lead the NFL in scoring.    It's expected.  29 of the top 36 scorers are.

You remember a guy who kicked 6 FGs as a rookie for the Chargers 3 years ago?  Sure you did, doc...lol.

And yes, that miss vs KC knocked the Falcons right out of the playoffs....very bad

That's what I said, so...agreed.

Imagine how Stills can open things up for Diggs...

We agree that Davis is the better pick.  

We disagree that Bass is a mediocre kicker

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes I did.  And if anything, he should be a lesson for you about having patience with kickers.  The question is: will it?

Oh and BTW, he passed Hauschka's FG% of the past 2 seasons in the 49'ers game.  And Hauschka's retired.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes I did.  And if anything, he should be a lesson for you about having patience with kickers.  The question is: will it?

Oh and BTW, he passed Hauschka's FG% of the past 2 seasons in the 49'ers game.  And Hauschka's retired.

Maybe you have a gambling problem.

As for Hauschka's %,  I covered that in a thread upstream.  

Pretty classic how a thread about Kenny Stills turned into a thread about Gabe Davis that turned into a thread about Tyler Bass.

Personally, I think Davis and Bass were both excellent draft choices. Y'all can debate which was a better pick, but I will say that calling Bass a mediocre kicker is a strange take, especially when you consider his kickoff talent as well.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2