WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

People have forgotten that the kid went to UCF and not Alabama or Ohio State. He started further behind other guys in the class..... Davis has come a long ways in a short period of time, and still has a fair amount of room to improve. 

You know who was an Alabama WR? Robert Foster. :sick:

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

Davis has been a very, very pleasant surprise for a 4th round pick. A lot of important catches for first downs. Several TDs. For someone without a ton of speed, he's gotten wide open a lot (because he is the 3rd and 4th look). That is inarguable.

Davis has also dropped a couple TDs, doesn't seem to track the ball that well yet downfield, or on the sidelines. Not yet.

Both of those things can be and are true. ]

He's also a great guy, teammate, smart, willing to work. He may be very good. He's productive now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Excellent move.

Gabe Davis is awful. Never gets open unless it's a blown coverage. He creates zero separation vs man coverage. The fumble and the lack of effort vs the Pats was the cherry on top. Can't trust this bad rookie in playoff games.

Stills is a huge upgrade as an outside WR over Davis.

I mean he certainly hasn't been awful but he is a rookie that was drafted in the 4th round for a reason. He hasn't shown he can handle consistent targets yet. Stills definitely offers more at this stage of their careers. I think he immediately becomes the #4 WR.

Gabe Davis is awful. Never gets open unless it's a blown coverage. He creates zero separation vs man coverage. The fumble and the lack of effort vs the Pats was the cherry on top. Can't trust this bad rookie in playoff games.

I'd like to again thank SDS for giving us the "Ignore User" feature on this board.

It comes in quite handy!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I'd like to again thank SDS for giving us the "Ignore User" feature on this board.

It comes in quite handy!

Agreed.  This is one of the hottest/worst takes I've seen in a while.  It's up there with we should cut out probowl starting MLB

Just now, ScottLaw said:

This smacks of Beasley injury possible season ender... 

No it doesn't.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

Correct. 

Jersey numbers unequivocally have an affect on a player's performance. It's just how science works. Sometimes, players pick the wrong numbers and it ruins their career before it ever really gets started. Other times, they persevere through the poor decision and play well anyway (Tremaine Edmunds, I'm looking at you).

Stills in 83 would probably do some damage. Stills in 87 would only disappoint us all.

All truth.

Based on what’s available, the best option is by far 83 with 80 as an alternate. 

87 would not be good. 86 is a dark horse, but he can only have a few good games in 86 and it would mean he couldn’t come back here next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

It’s debatable how much Stills can contribute for this playoff run, but as creative as Daboll is and Josh wanting everyone to get involved I could definitely see him getting a few targets.

Gabe does struggle getting separation in man coverage and has had a couple incidents with deep passes where he didn’t get himself in better position to make the play but he has been a solid WR for this team and so far a really good 4th round find.   Has a knack for getting open and scoring TD’s.   And that catch against Miami was big and spectacular.   

48 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Little tough on a rookie who has a lot of talent and size, besides being a nice contributor in Brown's absence. Give me a Davis in the 4th rd. every year.

Eh I know this isn't a popular opinion but i think Davis is overrated on this board. His TDs are mostly schemed open. It's one of Daboll's specialities, taking players that the defense isn't really thinking about and drawing attention elsewhere to get them open. And Allen has been good at recognizing when those throws are available. When we try to make Davis a focal point it hasn't worked out at all.

He has had a couple really nice plays, notably his diving TD catch against the Dolphins and free play deep catch against the Chargers. But he has a long way to go before he can prove he belongs as even a #2 starter.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills offense is scoring at will.... why all of a sudden do they have interest in Kenny Stills after one of their best wide outs goes down?

Becaise he’s a better option than Gabe Davis and can fill in for Beasley or Brown if needed.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Excellent move.

You’re right, he’s terrible-the Bills should just cut him right now! What an absolute waste of a 4th round pick-the kid didn’t even make the pro bowl this year, he’s a loser! And on his way out he should take Knox with him, Ford obviously needs to be cut, and just to make things really spicy because I know he’s been great this year, they should also get rid of Allen because of his first 2 years here!!!1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I think its safe to say we will not see Beasly anymore if we're getting Stills as the WR.

Bye-bye Beasly. We thank you for contributions and wish you well on your future endeavors. 

I don't think that's safe to say at all.

Josh said just today that Cole is antsy to get back and will do everything in his power to get back as soon as possible, if not this week, then for the playoffs.

It's a reasonable inference, but "safe to say"? Hardly.