WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

1 minute ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Davis has his numbers because he's an afterthought for opposing defenses. He is left 1on1 the whole game. Nobody is worried about Davis. Davis puts up numbers simply because he plays so many snaps in an elite Passing Offense. Any WR left 1on1 as often as Davis in THIS particular offense is going to put up some numbers. It doesn't make him good, or impactful. 

+1

Perfectly stated.

He runs a 4.52 and was a go-route player in college.

The same applies now, he’ll have to work on his route running and suddenness.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Excellent move.

Gabe Davis is awful. Never gets open unless it's a blown coverage. He creates zero separation vs man coverage. The fumble and the lack of effort vs the Pats was the cherry on top. Can't trust this bad rookie in playoff games.

Stills is a huge upgrade as an outside WR over Davis.

Little tough on a rookie who has a lot of talent and size, besides being a nice contributor in Brown's absence. Give me a Davis in the 4th rd. every year.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A great X factor for the playoffs, with or without Beasley being 100%. 

I expect teams to prioritize shutting down Diggs come playoff time but no team has enough quality CBs to cover Beasley/Brown/Davis/Stills/Knox/McKenzie.  That's part of the magic.  

3 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Little tough on a rookie who has a lot of talent and size, besides being a nice contributor in Brown's absence. Give me a Davis in the 4th rd. every year.

I agree, the Bills must like him, they keep him over the veteran Kimirow who wasn't too bad.

Man. Tough crowd RE: Gabriel Davis. Once upon a time it was commonly accepted/expected that rookie receivers take time to develop. Is he a world beater? Not yet. And he may never be. But his production thus far as a rookie, while he’s learning the pro game, has been welcome. They didn’t even ask him to run the full route tree in college. I expect his route running precision and knowledge of what works best for creating separation from NFL DBs to improve the more he’s hanging around Diggs, Smoke, and Beasley.  Let’s give him a little leash before we cast him aside into TJ Graham land. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think he will be available Sunday. I think it is still 5 tests right. 

Today - 1

Thurs - 2

Fri - 3

Sat - 4

Sun - 5

so If I am right about that hose 5 tests. His 5th would be Gameday. 

Edited by MAJBobby

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don’t get me wrong, I like Davis’s potential and he’s exceeded my expectations as a 4th round rookie this year but I think he benefits from the coverage the other guys draw. If the bills are left with him all of a sudden as WR2 I think the whole passing game will be negatively impacted. Maybe he becomes that in time but right now he’s most effective as WR 4 and the Bills are adding insurance to make sure it stays that way 

I would agree with that. Davis is a good 3rd/4th option but not a 2nd right now. 

42 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It is. It always has been. I think it’s @Logic that’s there with me on it.

Kumerow looked so sweet in 87. 

I’d love 81 for Stills, but I guess that’s Kroft. Maybe 83?

Correct. 

Jersey numbers unequivocally have an affect on a player's performance. It's just how science works. Sometimes, players pick the wrong numbers and it ruins their career before it ever really gets started. Other times, they persevere through the poor decision and play well anyway (Tremaine Edmunds, I'm looking at you).

Stills in 83 would probably do some damage. Stills in 87 would only disappoint us all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Correct. 

Jersey numbers unequivocally have an affect on a player's performance. It's just how science works. Sometimes, players pick the wrong numbers and it ruins their career before it ever really gets started. Other times, they persevere through the poor decision and play well anyway (Tremaine Edmunds, I'm looking at you).

Stills in 83 would probably do some damage. Stills in 87 would only disappoint us all.

Look how much better Beasley has been since he got that 11.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Correct. 

Plus maybe you trick some poor DB into thinking he's covering a TE.

• Haha (+1) 1

Holy crap the shade on G Davis in this thread is puzzling. He's displayed good, strong hands for most of the season, knows every WR position's role on the offense to the level of a vet according to his teammates, has made plays in the role his been given in the offense (3rd / 4th WR option) and has a good number of TD's. He's also been a good blocker on the outside. I think the Bills make it very clear that he is an important piece. Also, he is not a quick, route master type such as what you see in Bease, Diggs and JB. That doesn't make him suck. Craziness, I say.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

makes me a bit nervous.  But then again, the guy has talent, can't hurt to add him.  Likely the best FA WR around.  We need WR's, and if one gets hurt, this gives us a fill-in.  

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I actually really like this move. I’m not too concerned about Beasley or Brown being ready. I like Stills more than Gabe at this point and he has playoff experience. 

I think I like Gabe more, but agree it's a good move.  

30 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Man. Tough crowd RE: Gabriel Davis. Once upon a time it was commonly accepted/expected that rookie receivers take time to develop. Is he a world beater? Not yet. And he may never be. But his production thus far as a rookie, while he’s learning the pro game, has been welcome. They didn’t even ask him to run the full route tree in college. I expect his route running precision and knowledge of what works best for creating separation from NFL DBs to improve the more he’s hanging around Diggs, Smoke, and Beasley.  Let’s give him a little leash before we cast him aside into TJ Graham land. 

agreed.  I think Davis is going to be a beast. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

People have forgotten that the kid went to UCF and not Alabama or Ohio State. He started further behind other guys in the class..... Davis has come a long ways in a short period of time, and still has a fair amount of room to improve. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Holy crap the shade on G Davis in this thread is puzzling. He's displayed good, strong hands for most of the season, knows every WR position's role on the offense to the level of a vet according to his teammates, has made plays in the role his been given in the offense (3rd / 4th WR option) and has a good number of TD's. He's also been a good blocker on the outside. I think the Bills make it very clear that he is an important piece. Also, he is not a quick, route master type such as what you see in Bease, Diggs and JB. That doesn't make him suck. Craziness, I say.

57 targets, 33 receptions, 492 yards, 6 TDs from a fourth round draft pick.

I'm with you.  We can always be and should always try to be better, but the kid has been fairly solid.  

• Like (+1) 5