WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

1 minute ago, clearwater cadet said:

Maybe we sit Diggs this week and stills plays.  They just want to have a extra body around.

Stills isn’t that guy...

He’s not going to sign and be a body for a meaningless game with a backup throwing to him.  

He’s a legit starting WR. 

and as others pointed out, with COVID protocol, this is a move for the Playoffs. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, Rubes said:

Aha! It's a strategic signing to keep him away from Miami this week!

As of right now I think they have 3 healthy WR's.  2 are depth and the other is the 3rd WR.  Granted most of their yards last week came from Gesicki and dump offs/screens to their RB.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The timing is perfect actually for a veteran like Stills. So I wouldn't worry about the timing. It's obvious though that Beasley's injury is pretty significant. Again though Diggs can and has operated out of the slot. 

Obviously significant? You sure you want to stand by that?

• Like (+1) 1

I get the concern by some that this may reflect on the health of Cole or Smoke. I am thinking (ever the positive one) that this is an example of McDermott and Beane playing 4D chess. No doubt, the team has recognized that that this year presents a legitimate Super Bowl opportunity. So, it makes sense to go all in. Stills provides a quality safety valve for our entire receiver group. Color me excited.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Nineforty said:

Obviously significant? You sure you want to stand by that?

Significant enough to miss practice and game time yeah. 

Just now, RochesterLifer said:

I get the concern by some that this may reflect on the health of Cole or Smoke. I am thinking (ever the positive one) that this is an example of McDermott and Beane playing 4D chess. No doubt, the team has recognized that that this year presents a legitimate Super Bowl opportunity. So, it makes sense to go all in. Stills provides a quality safety valve for our entire receiver group. Color me excited.

Smoke is good to go. He's ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just heard a report on WGR saying they expect him to be signed if COVID protocols get passed...

Nervous what this means in regards to Beasley tho...

3 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Stills is another big time deep threat.

• Like (+1) 1

Good move regardless of Beasley. I love Smoke, but John Brown has never been a reliable NFL player because of frequent injuries. He’s great when on the field, but that’s the issue. It’d be nice to have an option like Stills, even if Beasley is healthy because Brown is such a wildcard. 

Edited by SirAndrew

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Just heard a report on WGR saying they expect him to be signed if COVID protocols get passed...

Nervous what this means in regards to Beasley tho...

Stills is another big time deep threat.

With how well our offensive line has pass protected recently, Josh's arm and multiple deep threats should terrify opponents. Liking the signing more and more.