WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

I'm really hoping for not bad news on Beasley and/or Brown... but I can't help but think that McBeane remember last years 'meaningless' last regular season against the Jets where we had key 'backups' go down in the defensive backfield.. the result was Isiah McKenzie playing CB the next week.  With the WR's banged up.. this seems like another type of 'process' move where McBeane learn from their past mistakes and take action

• Like (+1) 2

Obviously we don't know what's going on, but if I had to guess, they're looking at bringing Stills in now and getting him up to speed to have a veteran with good experience ready in case Brown or Beasley try to come back but get re-injured or can't go full speed.

Also, like others have said, might be good to get him in next week vs. Miami for some reps. Maybe even an audition for 2021.

Edited by Rubes
  • Like (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Beasley being week to week is the reason.

Could be.   But we were looking at wrs before his injury too.   Like adding some depth in case beas is out or brown gets reinjured

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Obviously we don't know what's going on, but if I had to guess, they're looking at bringing Stills in now and getting him up to speed to have a veteran with good experience ready in case Brown or Beasley try to come back but get re-injured or can't go full speed.

This

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I could buy this.

McDermott was not happy with Davis' fumble.

Kid will learn.

Not just the fumble, he also didn't try very hard on his two deep shots. Part of me wonders if McDermott and Daboll dialed those up just to see how Davis handled them. He's had some exciting plays this year but there's something off about him. I might be reading into things too much, he just seems dejected on the field sometimes.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Agreed.  

Also hoping this is us getting him in the building to potentially look at him in terms of a contract for next year(s).  He’s still young and could be the speed replacement for Brown down the line. 

People are to quick to jump to negative conclusions on something like this.  The reality is that BOTH Beasley & Brown are questionable going into the playoffs.  However it's likely that Brown will be able to go this week and week one of the playoffs and Beasley is likley to be available by week 2 of the playoffs. 

Worst case scenario is both Brown & Beasely are unavailable for the first playoff game and the best case scenario is that they're both available.  So it makes sense to pad the roster depth at WR in the event the worst case scenario plays out.

Smart, proactive move by the Bill's front office.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

Jakeem Grant is doubtful for Miami and Parker is questionable for the game according to their cover writer on WGR.  That leaves them extremely thin at WR.

Aha! It's a strategic signing to keep him away from Miami this week!