Wildcard game slot receiver options

Mailman

Just thinking, after reading the Diggs OPOW write up...if Beasley is out for the first playoff game, who plays slot?  I know Mckenzie is kind of the designated backup but he is better utilized with motions and sweeps, etc. If Smoke is good to go, do we let Diggs play the slot, with Gabe and Smoke outside?  Diggs lines up all over normally, so I would imagine he is a mismatch no matter where he plays. Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

Am I the only person that thinks he will almost certainly be back?

He walked off the field under his own power and seemed fine. The "week to week" thing is just McDermott hedging and not giving opponents any more information than they need.

I doubt he would miss the opportunity to play unless he's seriously hurt.

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Duke Williams was our best WR in the wild card game last season despite his drop in the endzone 

I can only imagine how he would play in this offense 

probably very below average, because he is below average.  on top of that, he wasn't the best wr in that game.  what is up with you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Duke Williams was our best WR in the wild card game last season despite his drop in the endzone 

Id prefer not to imagine such a thing. 

I doubt Beasley misses any games.

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

I am not sure what your response means.  Duke is certainly not a candidate to play slot as little or no short area quickness or ability to separate.  

The pecking order won't likely change IF Beasley can't go.  Diggs, Brown, Davis, McKenzie and Roberts would likely be ahead of Duke.  Remember he was never made active even in Browns prolonged absence.  So if Beasley is down, Brown Davis and Diggs are top 3.   

3 minutes ago, teef said:

probably very below average, because he is below average.  on top of that, he wasn't the best wr in that game.  what is up with you?

Smoking Joints ANIMATED GIF - SpeakGif

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Stills would be a solid deep threat if nothing else. :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I was thinking the same thing yesterday in terms of who plays the slot.

My first thought was Mckenzie.

I also thought Diggs as well, but it would be bold to move the most productive receiver in the NFL.

Diggs already operates from the slot. He is every where. Greatest compliment I heard about Dabolls offense this year is you can't find Diggs. 

18 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I'm still in a state of shock why they cut Jake Kumerow and kept Puke Williams. 

Because they promoted Kumerow to the 53 as he was out of free elevations. Once you do that you have to cut him in order to put him back on the PS. They cut him and the Saints claimed him. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I'm still in a state of shock why they cut Jake Kumerow and kept Puke Williams. 

Duke is on the practice squad. Another team can sign him at any time which is exactly what happened with Kumerow when they tried to put him back on the practice squad. Come on man...

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 1