I know it is way too early for this....but are we looking at a future HOF'er in Allen?

Big Turk

Is Josh Allen a future HOF QB?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh Allen a future HOF QB?

• Yes - he will be a First Ballot HOF QB
    • Yes - he will be a HOF, just not First Ballot
    • No - He Will be a very good pro QB, but fall just short
    • No - This season is an outlier for Allen and he can't possibly repeat this again
    • Maybe - It's too early to say but trending in the right direction
    • Maybe - I want to vote yes but am afraid of jinxing him

42 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Pretty much the vibes I get from talking to non Bills fans about Josh is he’s gonna be Cam Newton 2.0. Might win an MVP or lead the Bills to the Super Bowl but nothing more than that.  Just sayin’

But I mean many fans woulda sold their soul to the devil 5-10 years ago for that!  

He is already a better passer than Cam at any point in his career.

Cam simply refused to work on his mechanics. Josh took them deadly seriously to great effect.

Josh seems to already understand that taking unnecessary hits is something to avoid.

When he came in the league I believed the Cam 2.0 talk myself but it is wrong.

Josh has turned himself into a top pocket passer by his third year. Yes he rolls out but the tucking the ball and running seems to be a rare thing, which is good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This!

Obviously, there are some caveats to be made:

He stays relatively healthy, especially in his shoulders and upper body.

The Bills continue to be a top organization with coaching and front office continuity.

He continues to have quality offensive personnel surrounding him, Especially, o line.

Yes, health is always a major factor. Josh has the huge arm that makes him special. Keeping the upper body in good shape is so important. That’s why I don’t want to see a called QB run ever again. Allow Josh to make plays by scrambling, or run the QB sneak, but keeping that arm healthy should always be in the back of everyone’s mind. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Certainly draws parallels to the NY fanbase's "We're Tanking for Trevor!" brouhaha.  How did they make out with that? 🤔

There is something to be said for keeping Darnold and trading out of 2 to a QB hungry team.

Give him a real chance with a better roster.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I know it's way too early to be posting this, but I think it is a valid question to ask...

Has Allen shown he has become good enough this year to have us thinking we might be watching a HOF QB just starting out?

I say yes.  I think he is not even close to as good as he will become which is even scarier for other teams to think about and he will not only be a HOF player but a first ballot HOF player that will be seen as the greatest QB in Bills history.

Yes it is early, but I am riding this train to the last stop.  Allen is a special player and I hope we just will appreciate it while he is here.

Baring injury, Allen will be a hall of famer. You can bank on it. He is the biggest baddest QB in NFL history.  

1 hour ago, Whkfc said:

Can we win 1 Superbowl first please. I need 1 Superbowl champion t shirt.

Different issue. No one denies Dan Marino's, Jim Kelly's, Fran Tarkenton's or Dan Fout's spots in the HOF. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I certainly hope so. But can I just enjoy the next ten years first?

Yes, yes you can. 👍

Turk, I voted maybe, too early to tell for one example, Andrew Luck.  He’ll never be in the HOF, but would’ve if he payed another dozen years.  One of the most talented QB’s coming right out of college in way over 15 years. Truly sad, but hope he is happy in his post football life.  He was special.

pray to the health gods he’s ok, and my answer is hell yeah.