I know it is way too early for this....but are we looking at a future HOF'er in Allen?

Big Turk

Is Josh Allen a future HOF QB?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh Allen a future HOF QB?

• Yes - he will be a First Ballot HOF QB
    • Yes - he will be a HOF, just not First Ballot
    • No - He Will be a very good pro QB, but fall just short
    • No - This season is an outlier for Allen and he can't possibly repeat this again
    • Maybe - It's too early to say but trending in the right direction
    • Maybe - I want to vote yes but am afraid of jinxing him

I know it's way too early to be posting this, but I think it is a valid question to ask...

Has Allen shown he has become good enough this year to have us thinking we might be watching a HOF QB just starting out?

I say yes.  I think he is not even close to as good as he will become which is even scarier for other teams to think about and he will not only be a HOF player but a first ballot HOF player that will be seen as the greatest QB in Bills history.

Yes it is early, but I am riding this train to the last stop.  Allen is a special player and I hope we just will appreciate it while he is here.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

Pretty much the vibes I get from talking to non Bills fans about Josh is he’s gonna be Cam Newton 2.0. Might win an MVP or lead the Bills to the Super Bowl but nothing more than that.  Just sayin’

But I mean many fans woulda sold their soul to the devil 5-10 years ago for that!  

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I know it's way too early to be posting this, but I think it is a valid question to ask...

Has Allen shown he has become good enough this year to have us thinking we might be watching a HOF QB just starting out?

I say yes.  I think he is not even close to as good as he will become which is even scarier for other teams to think about and he will not only be a HOF player but a first ballot HOF player that will be seen as the greatest QB in Bills history.

Yes it is early, but I am riding this train to the last stop.  Allen is a special player and I hope we just will appreciate it while he is here.

source.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

I said he'd be in the Hall of Fame after opening day 2019 against the Jets. 

The real story is this:  I was on a bus trip to MetLife last year on opening day.  After the game, which the Jets had just lost, the Jets fan in front of me on the bus started saying how Josh Allen sucked and that he was inaccurate.  I got mad & told him that Josh Allen would end up in the Hall of Fame. They laughed that day but are not laughing anymore.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

He’s shown the skill level, but it’s a whole different ball game to play at his best for 15 years consistently. Plenty of good seasons that weren’t indicative of long careers in Nfl history.

if he does, sure. 

And with contracts, salary cap, etc. how many QB's play for a whole career with the same team.  Brees was a Chargers castoff for example. Brady has changed teams, Favre changed teams, Steve Young changed teams.

Do you think the folks in DC thought RG III was headed for the HOF early in his career? 

The guy looked like the best QB of all time for a while.

There is  thread here suggesting Lamar Jackson is going to *still* wash out of the league after also looking like the second coming at times in his early career.  

Wentz just got benched, after looking like the best QB in recent Philly history, especially during their Super Bowl year.

Can we ease off the HOF discussion, just let things play out, and enjoy the ride for a little bit? 

This team is in as good a groove as they have been in in 25 years.   And it's happening RIGHT NOW.

Just enjoy it.

I think he is not even close to as good as he will become

This!

Obviously, there are some caveats to be made:

He stays relatively healthy, especially in his shoulders and upper body.

The Bills continue to be a top organization with coaching and front office continuity.

He continues to have quality offensive personnel surrounding him, Especially, o line.