Great breakdown of 3 Allen plays where DC's are throwing notepads across the room yelling "This freaking guy!"...

Big Turk

Great play breakdowns showing Allen's next level ability to now manipulate, understand where to go with the ball when certain things do/do not happen on a play and exceptional ball placement...

He says "Sometimes a QB will just do things that as a coach will leave you saying "This freaking guy!" And throw your notepad across the room because you do everything right and he still burns you and that Allen has built up a lot of plays like that on his resume this year.

The breakdown seems to be from a Pat's fan which makes it even funnier!

https://twitter.com/MarkSchofield/status/1344066979179728896?s=20

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Great play breakdowns showing Allen's next level ability to now manipulate, understand where to go with the ball when certain things do/do not happen on a play and exceptional ball placement...

The breakdown seems to be from a Pat's fan which makes it even funnier!

https://twitter.com/MarkSchofield/status/1344066979179728896?s=20

"This freakin' guy" 😂

FWIW, Wood seems to think the TD to a diving Diggs was a designed play.   And he probably knows.

In his presser, Allen wouldn't say "Maybe...I can't give away all our secrets".  I think it's one of those Mouse Davis/June Jones secondary route concepts with probably a little improv on the end.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"This freakin' guy" 😂

FWIW, Wood seems to think the TD to a diving Diggs was a designed play.   And he probably knows.

In his presser, Allen wouldn't say "Maybe...I can't give away all our secrets".  I think it's one of those Mouse Davis/June Jones secondary route concepts with probably a little improv on the end.

So did Kubiak...he said that was a designed play Daboll borrowed from Kansas City's playbook to create a one route option for Diggs and that Allen, Mahomes and Rodgers are the only QBs in the league that have the athleticism and arm strength to be able to make that play

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

When he masters the shoulder/pump fake... 🤤

He has become pretty good at it but with more practice he will be even better...

It's kind of crazy because it almost seems like he hasn't even come close to his potential yet...and he is already MVP worthy and doing things that have only ben done by one or two other QBs in NFL history. 

I don't want to say this too loud but we might be watching a first ballot HOF'er just getting started...

• Like (+1) 8

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"This freakin' guy" 😂

Stef said it was a called play too. Not saying it was drawn up exactly like it played out but I think the roll right, spin round and come left was designed. 

I know that was a lot of people's favourite play of the day, but man I LOVE the first play on this brakdown. The seam ball to Knox. It was everything I want in Quarterback play. Firstly I love the seam route. It is one of the reasons I have been a huge Brees guy.... he, despite sub-optimal height, is the best seam thrower I have ever seen. Second, it is the fact that Josh lets it go before Knox is out of his break. Anticipatory? Check. Touch? Check. Perfect ball placement? Check. Man I loved that throw. I have dreamed of seeing a Bills Quarterback make that throw. That is elite Quarterback play right there. Reading, anticipating, executing. Just beautiful. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The fact of the matter is, seemingly week in and week out, Allen is making throws that only two other guys in this league can make right now. Those two guys? Rodgers and Mahomes. The athletic ability, coupled with the game slowing down for him, and the weapons he has have brought us to this point. Even with the improvement we have seen, the REALLY scary thought for the rest of the NFL, Allen still isn't all the way there just yet. Even Diggs says that he/they are just scratching the surface. It's simply amazing to watch and the arrow is trending upward. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"This freakin' guy" 😂

I guess my response to that would be, shouldn’t it be a bit scary to opposing teams that our QB is so good at the moment, our OC is designing plays for him to rip 30 yard friggin lasers while rolling out about full speed to his left in a blowout? 

Yikes. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So did Kubiak...he said that was a designed play Daboll borrowed from Kansas City's playbook to create a one route option for Diggs and that Allen, Mahomes and Rodgers are the only QBs in the league that have the athleticism and arm strength to be able to make that play

He has become pretty good at it but with more practice he will be even better...

It's kind of crazy because it almost seems like he hasn't even come close to his potential yet...and he is already MVP worthy and doing things that have only ben done by one or two other QBs in NFL history. 

I don't want to say this too loud but we might be watching a first ballot HOF'er just getting started...

Yup.  That's why I'm hoping Daboll sticks around for a long time.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

The fact of the matter is, seemingly week in and week out, Allen is making throws that only two other guys in this league can make right now. Those two guys? Rodgers and Mahomes. The athletic ability, coupled with the game slowing down for him, and the weapons he has have brought us to this point. Even with the improvement we have seen, the REALLY scary thought for the rest of the NFL, Allen still isn't all the way there just yet. Even Diggs says that he/they are just scratching the surface. It's simply amazing to watch and the arrow is trending upward. 

On that seam throw to Knox I am not even sure Mahomes makes it. I don't think he is as anticipatory in that area of the field as that. He throws guys open outside but actually less so inside in traffic between three defenders. I think that is a throw Watson and Wilson maybe make.... they are good at those anticipatory throws down the seam, Mahomes a tad less so. The third TD throw to Diggs is a Rodgers and Mahomes type play. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I guess my response to that would be, shouldn’t it be a bit scary to opposing teams that our QB is so good at the moment, our OC is designing plays for him to rip 30 yard friggin lasers while rolling out about full speed to his left in a blowout? 

Yikes. 

Yep, that's where the "This Freakin' Guy" (toss notepad) or as Saleh said "the QB, he is a problem"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yep, that's where the "This Freakin' Guy" (toss notepad) or as Saleh said "the QB, he is a problem"

Saleh found out first hand that yes, he is a problem...and that he is probably even much more of a problem in the game than you thought while doing film study hahaha

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yep. I felt for Saleh that night. Really talented young coordinator on the brink of a Head Coach job infront of a national tv audience..... and he just had no answer. There was nothing he could do to stop Josh and the Bills. He was getting ruined in zone made the decision to go to man, got them to a 4th down only to see Diggs murder his man 1 on 1 and Josh find him for the 1st down. Camera cut to Saleh and the resignation was all over his face. Can't stop him. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I felt for Saleh that night. Really talented young coordinator on the brink of a Head Coach job infront of a national tv audience..... and he just had no answer. There was nothing he could do to stop Josh and the Bills. He was getting ruined in zone made the decision to go to man, got them to a 4th down only to see Diggs murder his man 1 on 1 and Josh find him for the 1st down. Camera cut to Saleh and the resignation was all over his face. Can't stop him. 

The problem is quickly becoming that there is no answer.  Allen looks like he has a cheatsheet in front of him taking a test at times.  The favorite thing I have seen with Allen is his ability to beat zones when they drop 8 into coverage where he really struggled a lot the past few seasons, and even at times earlier this year like in the Tennessee game(although I think his shoulder injury had a lot to do with those struggles also).  He has just destroyed them.  He also destroys man.  He also picks up disguises very well now and understands what they are trying to do and seemingly plays with them with those look offs and little shoulder pumps.  

Honestly, Allen just seems like he is laughing at teams trying to stop him.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Fangio after the Allen TD run, tossing his hands up "what else could I have done?"

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fangio after the Allen TD run, tossing his hands up "what else could I have done?"

Belichick slamming the phone down...we are seeing some amazing in game shots this year of teams that are frustrated with the Allen Conundrum

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"This freakin' guy" 😂

I'm convinced with no proof that it was a designed play.  Allen rolls right and everyone knows it.  The whole offense is rolling right.  I think it was designed to fool the Patriots into believing it was going that way.   The problem with the play was Moss did not get a good block on the blitzer forcing Allen to leave the pocket faster than he wanted.  I doubt the plan was to have a diving back pylon catch.  So it was executed ALMOST the way they envisioned it.  IMHO.  

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"This freakin' guy" 😂

36 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Stef said it was a called play too. Not saying it was drawn up exactly like it played out but I think the roll right, spin round and come left was designed. 

Interesting. At the 1 minute mark below Allen says it was ad libbed. I'm assuming he's talking about the same play.

https://twitter.com/TheJoeDahlke/status/1343784925284151296?s=20

2 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Interesting. At the 1 minute mark below Allen says it was ad libbed. I'm assuming he's talking about the same play.

https://twitter.com/TheJoeDahlke/status/1343784925284151296?s=20

So I don't think it was executed exactly like it was drawn up. But I think the go right and then spin out left concept was designed. 

• Like (+1) 2