A Few Thoughts About the Patriots Game, in no particular order

Virgil

50 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

One thing that struck me toward the end of the game was how the Bills showed class by not running up the score.  But more so than class, it seemed to me like they were saying, "Yeah, I could continue to beat you into submission, but you're just not worth my time.  But if just try and get up, you will regret it!"

Part of the reason was there were a number of New England players visibly giving up.

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Part of the reason was there were a number of New England players visibly giving up.

Reminded me of the end of Bloodsport.

"You stomped 'em real good!"

"Worse, they made 'em say Matei"

I've been waiting for so long to see the Buffalo Bills sweep the Patriots and literally destroy them like they did on Monday night.

This regime is the best since Bill Polian and Marv Levy and perhaps even better as they have two playoff appearances in the first three seasons. Now, McD and Beane have built a powerhouse 12-3 team with a top 5 offense and a defense that is catching up to the offense. What a team!

This game meant so much to all Bills fans and the Bills beat them in Gillette stadium. The only thing that wasn't so great was with no fans we couldn't see the Pats fans streaming out in the second half or the Bills fans in the stadium singing Sha na na hey hey goodbye! 

Although I loved what the Bills did on offense in this game... the best part was ole Bill showing his frustration. Simply priceless! 

Bill Belichick Throw The Phone GIF - BillBelichick Belichick Bill GIFs

Edited by Nihilarian

20 hours ago, Virgil said:

9- Knox - Going forward, all passes to Knox need to in traffic and away from his hands and center of body.  Knox continues to be an enigma as he dropped a wide open touchdown, but then proceeded to make two consecutive difficult catches.  

I haven't paid attention to all his drops, but on more than one he tries to catch balls right at him by trapping against his body instead of extending his hands, catching, then cushioning back to his body.

That's why he has an easier time with away balls because it's all hands.

Thing is it should be easy to correct, I hope coaches have noticed and are trying.

23 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Top 2 guys on the list were Matakavich and Taiwan Jones. Beane went and got both and now here we are with a punter that is 5th in net average and a kickoff coverage unit that’s making stops inside the 20 look routine. Pretty cool. 

Just never let Jones, who is the fastest guy [yes faster than smoke] on a pretty fast team ever go out for a pass unless on ST.  That drop had me throwing the remote.

On 12/30/2020 at 8:03 AM, The Poojer said:

Virgil, i hope you understand how much I, and seemingly several others appreciate the work you and Shaw do each week.  Not to take ANYTHING against other posters re-capping.  Rockpile Report and  A Few Thoughts(which you seemlessly picked up from Bill).  But you two have done an outstanding job and I for one REALLY appreciate it

I too would like to offer my thanks and admiration for both @Virgil and @Shaw66.  I look forward to your reads each week as it provides a nice recap to things that during the crazy of the game we forget or just need to be reminded of!  MANY THANKS!!!

Gentlemen - I look forward to 5 more write ups this season!!!

GO BILLS!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I too would like to offer my thanks and admiration for both @Virgil and @Shaw66.  I look forward to your reads each week as it provides a nice recap to things that during the crazy of the game we forget or just need to be reminded of!  MANY THANKS!!!

Gentlemen - I look forward to 5 more write ups this season!!!

GO BILLS!!!!

I would also like to give a shoutout to @Dont Stop Billeiving for his weekly scouting reports. While it's great to read Virgil, and Shaw's write-ups after the game, it's great to read DSB's write-ups before the game. For those who aren't taking advantage of the work he is putting in on these, I highly recommend these posts. He looks at the three prior games for every team we face, and provides analysis. And whether you agree with his opinions, or not, they're very informative.

So, to Virgil, Shaw, and DSB: You guys really help make this the best fan forum in football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I would also like to give a shoutout to @Dont Stop Billeiving for his weekly scouting reports. While it's great to read Virgil, and Shaw's write-ups after the game, it's great to read DSB's write-ups before the game. For those who aren't taking advantage of the work he is putting in on these, I highly recommend these posts. He looks at the three prior games for every team we face, and provides analysis. And whether you agree with his opinions, or not, they're very informative.

So, to Virgil, Shaw, and DSB: You guys really help make this the best fan forum in football.

I will def seek this out!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I will definitely check out the pre-scouting write ups.  Thanks for the tip!

21 hours ago, Rocky Landing said: