Bill Belichik comments - Looks good on him

Billsfan1972

33 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Bill is probably most frustrated that he insisted HE be the GM instead of putting a qualified person in the job.   

He's done a poor job at it, and now they're screwed.  If you think Donta Hightower, Chung and Van Noy opting out is a legit excuse, wait til next year when they win even less games.

Best of all, now no free agent is going to want to go to NE because it's a disaster and the HC has built zero culture there.   

This.  Do you want to play in the northeast, for a hardass coach, win 6 to 8 games, and have most likley the 4th best qb in the division?  The FA parade isnt coming.  Bill will have to pay.  The issue they have such a deficit in talent outside of Db they dont have the money for all of it.  The GM underminded the coach.  The problem is he didnt have the same college eye as Parcells.  Belichick is a low level FA guy.  Without a stud qb thats not sustainable.

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Looks like a wasted TO to me just like his challenge. BB is a great coach but he’s shown to be a poor drafter as GM. Pats are in for a long turnaround unless they go get a Stafford or hit well on the 4th or 5th we in this draft. 

Agree thought it was his I’m a douche moment , knowing it’s a very marginal behavior. Kind of like having 20 guys listed as questionable and all limited for practice. I’m shocked they could suit up 53 🙃

A GM job is a full time job and it is not fair for a HC to be taking on that additional responsibility.  Usually. it results in disaster.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh was wounded then.. his left shoulder was still in the harness.

He had a flat 4 game stretch including the 2 losses  to the Titans and the Chefs.

Since that time the Bills are 8-1

Whats even more amazing is how he has played since Bosa tried to tear his leg off injuring his knee and ankle.

This kid is Kelly tough...or tougher :)

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think belichick probably said some off the record stuff about how he was proud of his defense and they made him look like an average qb in the first matchup.  If you've ever seen a belichick press conference he is always very complimentary of the opposing team no matter how bad they are lol

Exactly.  I remember him gushing about Herbert before demolishing the Chargers 45-0.

7 hours ago, Mat68 said:

This.  Do you want to play in the northeast, for a hardass coach, win 6 to 8 games, and have most likley the 4th best qb in the division?  The FA parade isnt coming. 

Agreed. First tier FA destinations are likely to remain KC and TB for offense and BAL for defense.  Billy-boy has 50m in cap money to burn. He’ll be on a spending binge come spring. 

8 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Bill is probably most frustrated that he insisted HE be the GM instead of putting a qualified person in the job.   

He's done a poor job at it, and now they're screwed.  If you think Donta Hightower, Chung and Van Noy opting out is a legit excuse, wait til next year when they win even less games.

Best of all, now no free agent is going to want to go to NE because it's a disaster and the HC has built zero culture there.   

Van Noy is a member of the Dolphins not sitting out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Another thread full of the "Belichick is a terrible drafter!" myth. He has been a terrible drafter the last 5 years. That is why they have a team with almost no good young talent. But his drafting before that was plenty good enough. Yes, he had Tom Brady, but who do you think drafted Gronk, and Edelman, and McCourty, and Hightower, and Joe Thuney, and Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins etc...  the one position he has always been bad at evaluating is outside receiver. N'Keal Harry being the latest bust in that spot. 

The reality in New England is they have had the worst Quarterback play in the entire NFL in 2020, and have a team whose best players are mostly the wrong side of 30. The biggest problem for them is they are in Quarterback purgatory. They are not going to be in position to draft one of the top guys in all likelihood. They can't stick with Cam he can not throw at this stage. They have cap space to bring in another vet but who is likely to hit the market? Jimmy G is the most likely candidate I think. 

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Agreed. First tier FA destinations are likely to remain KC and TB for offense and BAL for defense.  Billy-boy has 50m in cap money to burn. He’ll be on a spending binge come spring. 

He also has 20 free agents on his own team that have to be replaced, it’s not gonna  be a cake walk for him...

Edited by Meatloaf63

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Another thread full of the "Belichick is a terrible drafter!" myth. He has been a terrible drafter the last 5 years. That is why they have a team with almost no good young talent. But his drafting before that was plenty good enough. Yes, he had Tom Brady, but who do you think drafted Gronk, and Edelman, and McCourty, and Hightower, and Joe Thuney, and Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins etc...  the one position he has always been bad at evaluating is outside receiver. N'Keal Harry being the latest bust in that spot. 

The reality in New England is they have had the worst Quarterback play in the entire NFL in 2020, and have a team whose best players are mostly the wrong side of 30. The biggest problem for them is they are in Quarterback purgatory. They are not going to be in position to draft one of the top guys in all likelihood. They can't stick with Cam he can not throw at this stage. They have cap space to bring in another vet but who is likely to hit the market? Jimmy G is the most likely candidate I think. 

The joke about NE draft day, was who'd they "Trade Down" with (listen & read too much to Bill Simmons).  Belichick got lucky with a 6th round pick & an injury to his starter (no genius there).

The QB position is by far the most important position and Brady helped by taking less then what he deserved.  They hit on some picks (as does every GM) and did sign a few skill position players.

Just to show what a QB means one needs to look no further then Randy Moss.  One of the greatest receivers all time, in 2006 Andrew Walter & Aaron Brooks were the QB's of a 2-14 team.  NE got Moss for a 4th round pick.  2006 42 catches and 553 yards.  With Brady he goes 98,69 & 83 for 1,493, 1,008 & 1,264 and 23,11 & 13 TDs....  The QB makes the receiver.

Add to that FA's on his own team that won't resign at below market value, which they often did & the fact Belichick is known to discard players as soon as they show any sign of faltering, NE is no FA destination if they do not have Brady and are not a SB caliber team. 

Good luck in Belichick replicating that.... 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Mat68 said:

This.  Do you want to play in the northeast, for a hardass coach, win 6 to 8 games, and have most likley the 4th best qb in the division?  The FA parade isnt coming.  Bill will have to pay.  The issue they have such a deficit in talent outside of Db they dont have the money for all of it.  The GM underminded the coach.  The problem is he didnt have the same college eye as Parcells.  Belichick is a low level FA guy.  Without a stud qb thats not sustainable.

This is something I have been thinking about also.

When tom was there he had automatic buy in and being the desired destination to get free agents for pennies on the dollar. 

Without tom, how long will his rings buy him players until it becomes a Detroit situation where players don't want to be there and be grinded on that hard.

Even gronk and Brady left.

If the dolphins and bills weren't as good as they are he might still have that advantage but now even if you go there without the goat, whay are your chances to get a ring now?

That is what may very well be the downfall.

You can see how deflated the players were in this game and after and its awesome.

I think Bill got a little full of himself thinking Brady didn't matter.

2 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

This is something I have been thinking about also.

When tom was there he had automatic buy in and being the desired destination to get free agents for pennies on the dollar. 

Without tom, how long will his rings buy him players until it becomes a Detroit situation where players don't want to be there and be grinded on that hard.

Even gronk and Brady left.

If the dolphins and bills weren't as good as they are he might still have that advantage but now even if you go there without the goat, whay are your chances to get a ring now?

That is what may very well be the downfall.

You can see how deflated the players were in this game and after and its awesome.

I think Bill got a little full of himself thinking Brady didn't matter.

Maybe, I also think they didnt think he would actually leave.

Newton was a panic move, that if he was healthy probably would have been fine. But with how poorly Cam has played (and I do believe his should is simply shot), Stidham hasn't even sniffed the possibility of starting until week 17? He is terrible and every talking head this offseason proclaiming him an instant success was an absolute joke  of analysis.

The Pats****** are quickly becoming irrelevant. How long does Bill want to be associated with that? I would not be shocked if he had a "health issue" and retired the day before the Super Bowl just to get some cheap headlines on his way out