Bill Belichik comments - Looks good on him

Billsfan1972

Been looking for them on the site as heard it second hand.

https://nesn.com/2020/12/bill-belichick-not-buying-josh-allen-craze-patriots-coach-clarifies-stance/

So he was proud of his defense in windy Orchard Park, when McD played into his hands.

Nice to see Allen allowed to dismantle them at will.

Especially love the sour grapes on the Diggs TD pass.....  Please explain his thought process that it should have been 10 yards only?

Also heard on 'GR on the Davis TD that was called back that Belicheat was messing with Allen as he didn't see a coverage issue, he just was standing beside the official waiting to call timeout. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

https://nesn.com/2020/12/bill-belichick-not-buying-josh-allen-craze-patriots-coach-clarifies-stance/

So he was proud of his defense in windy Orchard Park, when McD played into his hands.

Especially love the sour grapes on the Diggs TD pass.....  Please explain his thought process that it should have been 10 yards only?

Also heard on 'GR on the Davis TD that was called back that Belicheat was messing with Allen as he didn't see a coverage issue, he just was standing beside the official waiting to call timeout. 

I think belichick probably said some off the record stuff about how he was proud of his defense and they made him look like an average qb in the first matchup.  If you've ever seen a belichick press conference he is always very complimentary of the opposing team no matter how bad they are lol

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep, that’s what I saw when they replayed it.  He was standing there like when a coach wants to call a timeout with 1 second on the play clock or a few seconds on the game clock before a FG.  It looked like he was waiting until right before they snapped it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColeB said:

Yep, that’s what I saw when they replayed it.  He was standing there like when a coach wants to call a timeout with 1 second on the play clock or a few seconds on the game clock before a FG.  It looked like he was waiting until right before they snapped it.

It’s the McDermott defensive timeout taken to the next level. Not only does he get to see your personnel and formation, but by waiting until the last second he gets to see the play as well before the refs can blow it dead. McDermott should start doing this as well.

Edited by vincec

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think belichick probably said some off the record stuff about how he was proud of his defense and they made him look like an average qb in the first matchup.  If you've ever seen a belichick press conference he is always very complimentary of the opposing team no matter how bad they are lol

Not the way it was reported. 

The first game he was 11-18, because McD coached passively vs. Bilichick.  

Sorry as said, looks good on him.

I don't think BB will stick around for too many seasons like this one.  His presser last night was something else - he's usually cranky, but he looked truly miserable.

I hope we can keep this up, and keep the Pats down in the standings for awhile.  

2 hours ago, ColeB said:

He called that time out when that play was half over. Ball was in flight when whistle went.

Pan to sideline, the ref blew the whistle when Billy asked for time, you could see him blow the whistle, you could hear the whistle. That was BS, a BS timeout by a classless #######.

We should have hung 60 on them.

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think the simple truth is Allen used to be ‘confusable’ and maybe even was in the first game. He is now playing supremely confident and the game is going in slow motion for him now. Even when he misses its less often on him than it has been in the past. 

While I agree and I've been a Josh fanboy since day 1, credit the OLine yesterday! He could have started writing his biography back there! Awesome pass protection 

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I took the time out call as belichick wanting to see what Allen was checking into. Because at the time allen was changing the play

Teams came out this year making Allen make throws vs tight man coverage, something he struggled with last year. He was torching defenses early this year. Then teams were zoning up Allen in the middle of the season and Allen was having trouble beating it. Patriots one of those teams. Disguising coverage. Then Allen figured it out and started torching zone and man. Whatever was thrown at him. 

Belichick is probably someone that only gives true respect to those he has trouble stopping. I think Allen earned Belichick's respect Monday night. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2

I think Belichick was upset because he just got humiliated on national TV.  Making things worse is that he knows he is going to be coaching the third best team in the division for the foreseeable future, and there's not a damn thing he can do about it.

That BB press conference was the cherry on top of a fabulous Monday night.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2

Frankly, I don’t believe Belichick has respect for any opponent, being that he is willing to, shall we say..., cheat his opponents whenever he can get away with it. That is the definition of a lack of respect. 

• Like (+1) 3

Bill is probably most frustrated that he insisted HE be the GM instead of putting a qualified person in the job.   

He's done a poor job at it, and now they're screwed.  If you think Donta Hightower, Chung and Van Noy opting out is a legit excuse, wait til next year when they win even less games.

Best of all, now no free agent is going to want to go to NE because it's a disaster and the HC has built zero culture there.   

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, vincec said:

It’s the McDermott defensive timeout taken to the next level. Not only does he get to see your personnel and formation, but by waiting until the last second he gets to see the play as well before the refs can blow it dead. McDermott should start doing this as well.

Looks like a wasted TO to me just like his challenge. BB is a great coach but he’s shown to be a poor drafter as GM. Pats are in for a long turnaround unless they go get a Stafford or hit well on the 4th or 5th we in this draft. 

1 hour ago, dlonce said:

He called that time out when that play was half over. Ball was in flight when whistle went.

Pan to sideline, the ref blew the whistle when Billy asked for time, you could see him blow the whistle, you could hear the whistle. That was BS, a BS timeout by a classless #######.

We should have hung 60 on them.

Agree thought it was his I’m a douche moment , knowing it’s a very marginal behavior. Kind of like having 20 guys listed as questionable and all limited for practice. I’m shocked they could suit up 53 🙃

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1