Steelers officially playing backups vs Browns

Process

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If Tua plays all game, I agree.

We can't rest everybody, so some good players will still be out there on Defense.  If Barkley, or whoever, can put up over 17 points, I think the Fins could be in trouble.

I would love to see our defense and SP dominate and destroy Miami kind of giving them the taste of their own medicine 

Just now, Process said:

You've finally come around. 

I agree and think that's what will happen. Allen plays 1-2 series, gets record, and then done.

I am at a point I don’t care who we see in playoffs. We can beat anyone. This team is freaking good. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Process said:

You've finally come around. 

I agree and think that's what will happen. Allen plays 1-2 series, gets record, and then done.

And then our defense takes over and dominates the game Bills win 14-6 

Kyle Brand is on WGR right now 

• Like (+1) 1

Best case scenario, I think the bills still need to win.

1)  KC

2) Buffalo

3) Pitts

4) Tenn

5) Balt

6) Browns

7) Miami/ Colts

I would like to avoid Balt and Tenn if possible. Let Tenn vs Balt battle it out, winner goes to KC.  KC can deal with winner, which I would assume is Balt.  I'd take 2 games against Pits, Miami, Browns, or Colts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Worst case scenario if the Bills backups lose to the Dolphins and the Steelers backups beat the Browns is that there would be one team we'd have to go on the road to play in Round 2. The Steelers if they beat the 7 seed.

Worse case scenario if we play our starters and suffer a serious injury at the wrong position, the season is over. 

So I'm not really concerned about the fate of the 2004, 9-7 Buffalo Bills led by Drew Bledsoe. 

I'm amazed at how many here want us to play the 1s against Miami.

We have a genuine shot at going on a run THIS YEAR and "home field advantage" has never meant LESS.

One serious injury to a key player in that Miami game and the entire run could be jeopardized.

We need all our top weapons firing at 100% throughout the playoffs, on offense and defense.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Worst case scenario if the Bills backups lose to the Dolphins and the Steelers backups beat the Browns is that there would be one team we'd have to go on the road to play in Round 2. The Steelers if they beat the 7 seed.

Worse case scenario if we play our starters and suffer a serious injury at the wrong position, the season is over. 

So I'm not really concerned about the fate of the 2004, 9-7 Buffalo Bills led by Drew Bledsoe. 

I'm just saying never assume. In '04 we all felt the playoffs were in the bag once the Steelers decided to start all backups. The Process means taking all necessary steps for success.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm just saying never assume. In '04 we all felt the playoffs were in the bag once the Steelers decided to start all backups. The Process means taking all necessary steps for success.

Ah, in 2004 losing meant not getting into the playoffs. This isn't 2004. We have 12 wins. If getting the #2 seed meant getting a BYE in round 1 then it wold make sense to go for it. 

9 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

Best case scenario, I think the bills still need to win.

1)  KC

2) Buffalo

3) Pitts

4) Tenn

5) Balt

6) Browns

7) Miami/ Colts

I would like to avoid Balt and Tenn if possible. Let Tenn vs Balt battle it out, winner goes to KC.  KC can deal with winner, which I would assume is Balt.  I'd take 2 games against Pits, Miami, Browns, or Colts.

If steelers and bills lose, we are basically guaranteed to play the browns....

Your last sentence is the key I thInk. 

Need all all players playing at top efficiency. 

How often have have we seen a team with home field, everything wrapped up, rest starters and lose their first playoff game.?

i think we want to keep the core sharp.  Pending minor injury, bad field conditiOne, I'd play starters 1-2 quarters to keep them sharp, then put in backups. 

Yes, it's an injury risk.  But getting stale is also a risk.