Big Ben to the Bench! #2 Seed is ours!

DrDawkinstein

1 minute ago, balln said:

an ELBOW UCL reconstruction. DOES not take time to cath up with you. You will either be able to throw the ball or not / or worse re rupture. im not sure what you mean. I feel like youre saying hes lazy and not conditioning ? which i disagree with. hes BIG BEN. im not sure / dont live in PIT will take your word for it, but VETS take rest days all the time. part of the reason brady wanted to get away from NE

hes 38

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Not a very Tomlin move...

They are a tired team. It is a smart move which means it is a Tomlin move.  He is an elite coach.  He knows what he is doing.  I am sure he sees the possibility of a Ravens first round game and knows he needs a fresh team.  That is a very physical game in the first round.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, balln said:

an ELBOW UCL reconstruction. DOES not take time to cath up with you. You will either be able to throw the ball or not / or worse re rupture. im not sure what you mean. I feel like youre saying hes lazy and not conditioning ? which i disagree with. hes BIG BEN. im not sure / dont live in PIT will take your word for it, but VETS take rest days all the time. part of the reason brady wanted to get away from NE

What does that even mean? He's never been lauded for his offseason workouts, so I'm saying his normal approach plus the surgery plus the Covid has him tired at this point of the season. If he had taken a non-BIG BEN approach it would have gone better for him. I would love to see him up in Buffalo with a wind chill in the single digits, that would just crush that offense.

41 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Mason Rudolph playing is no guarantee that the Browns win, just like Barkley playing would still give the Bills a good chance to win.

Wow, I don't share your optimism on that latter point.

Rudolph did end last season with a 5-3 record for Pittsburgh and 62% completions, so even though he didn't light up the league he did display a degree of NFL competence.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow, I don't share your optimism on that latter point.

Rudolph did end last season with a 5-3 record for Pittsburgh and 62% completions, so even though he didn't light up the league he did display a degree of NFL competence.

True. But he got benched for Duck Hodges (last season) and Tomlin cemented that change by saying that Hodges gets the helm because he doesn’t kill us. (Paraphrasing a bit). 

Myles Garrett is getting free licks on Rudolph next week. He’s gonna be fed to the wolves. First start against the Browns since the great debacle last year. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't count them eggs as chickens yet, Fellow Fan

Last time the Mason Rudolph led Steelers played the Browns, Rudolph got whalloped upside his Haid with his own helmet.

I assume the Steelers players have opinions about that occurance.

Is this Tomlin giving them a chance at the Mason Rudolph Revenge Tour?

And the last time the non Mason led steelers played the browns the browns lost to duck hodges 🤣 Cleveland could easily lose this game

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd love to sweep the Division this year and knock the Dolphins out as well.

Maybe play our guys the 1st half and then see what happens.

i lime this.  get the starters non rusty, and get backups (esp Barkley) reps in 2nd half and protect Allen, Diggs. 

Look.. there is a smart reason for this... Send starters out to the regular on a high note knowing there starters could struggle vs the Browns. 

End the season on a high note. Spend time with starters for 2 weeks straight fixing what's broke.

Its smart.. Its telling your team "I don't care where we seed in the playoffs cause I think we can win"

Strong Smart Move

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Ravens are win and in. This would be more of a move to knock the Colts out as they're the only team that needs help.

There is so much misinformation in this thread! People, please just look at this:

IMG_20201228_111043.jpg

The mostly likely scenario to me is Bills win / Steelers lose / Ravens,Colts,Titans all win giving us Indy in the wild card round.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

LOL imagine how embarrassed you'd feel as a fan if your team lost a win-and-you're-in game to the Steelers backups...

even if Big Ben plays im not sure they could beat the Browns , 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

In 2017 the teams were somewhat close. I always thought Cincy could win that game. This time it is a mismatch. Ravens by 17. 

My trust in Jackson has eroded this season.  Not saying the Bengals will win,  but it may be a close game if the Bengals can limit his running

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

My trust in Jackson has eroded this season.  Not saying the Bengals will win,  but it may be a close game if the Bengals can limit his running

I don’t now why people are so freaking scared of Baltimore ???  Yes they can hurt you by pounding the ball down our throats BUT as long as Josh continues to play at that MVP level we can smoke ANYBODY 

2 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

By Pitt falling to the 3rd seed (provided Mayfield don't sh*t the bed again), would that mean the Bills get the Ravens?

According to Football Outsiders, Bills have a 77.2% chance of playing the Browns, Colts, or Dolphins as the #2 seed. Only a 7.8% chance of the Ravens and 14.9% of the Titans.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 1