This is when I start getting nervous - Easy wins.....

Billsfan1972

Been so long since the Bills controlled games start to finish.  The first three years with McD, yes some convincing wins, but more often then not, one score games.

Early this year much the same thing, and that was a concern.

Now however I can't help but think about the 2019 Ravens (and yes much can be blamed on Lamar not being tested) & that we are cruising like they were last year and wondering how we'll do in a close game.

Yes I know Josh & his fourth quarter stats......

Again a Bye would have been great (and yes sometimes that certainly affects the team), but last year we saw exactly how the Ravens reacted when pushed around (and folded) and there is trepidation that the Bills too need to be ready for a close game, which they haven't had since Arizona.

Heck this hasn't happened to the Bills since the early 90's.😜

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

...but last year we saw exactly how the Ravens reacted when pushed around (and folded) and there is trepidation that the Bills too need to be ready for a close game, which they haven't had since Arizona.

That is the thing.  Teams have tried to push us around during this stretch.  San Fran stuck out to me with how hard they were hitting and coming after us.  Even the Patriots came out swinging last night, but we didn't fold.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Been so long since the Bills controlled games start to finish.  The first three years with McD, yes some convincing wins, but more often then not, one score games.

Early this year much the same thing, and that was a concern.

Now however I can't help but think about the 2019 Ravens (and yes much can be blamed on Lamar not being tested) & that we are cruising like they were last year and wondering how we'll do in a close game.

Yes I know Josh & his fourth quarter stats......

Again a Bye would have been great (and yes sometimes that certainly affects the team), but last year we saw exactly how the Ravens reacted when pushed around (and folded) and there is trepidation that the Bills too need to be ready for a close game, which they haven't had since Arizona.

Heck this hasn't happened to the Bills since the early 90's.😜

There’s a HUGE difference between this Bills teams and last year’s Ravens team. That Ravens team was built to run the ball and keep their leads through running and using play action to their tight ends. They couldn’t come back if they got down multiple scores. This Bills teams has shown they can win the close games and they have a quarterback who can get the ball to his wide receivers. They can control the clock (I believe they lead the league in 10+ play drives) and can score quickly. On any given Sunday as they say any team can lose, but this is a different team than the one you are referencing 

It’s almost January, and the board isn’t filled with mock free agency and drafts. Life is good. Enjoy the ride and stop worrying about completely useless other ideas of who did what in past years. Live in the now. Let Baltimore worry about Lamar. 

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This board is ruining all the fun we should be having today.

No doubt.

People are more afraid of the Bills breaking down than Balboa was of Clubber Lang while running in the sand.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I’m nervous sometimes when i get on a roller coaster and I think about something going wrong

True story: I got on The Viper once, in mid 1980s, and had ridden it a few times already -- so when they asked you to check that the harness was tight around you and I was able to push mine up, I yelled and screamed at the ride operator and then the ride started.  I thought I was going to die.  I didn't lose my wallet or my life or anything.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, nucci said:

doesn't everyone?

Dick Jauron's "it's hard to win in the NFL" would beg to disagree.  Some like excuses for losing more than winning - it's easier not to put the work in and come up for reasons why you fail instead of putting in the hard work and winning for a change.