Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I was hoping Kroft could play over half the snaps - with Gilliam out, Knox getting rest, and Smith blocking for the run. 

We elevated Becker.  Maybe we plan to see him a lot.

How many elevations from practice squad do we normally get?  Dane Jackson is our covid-call-up for Yeldon I assume.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If it's true they're trying to sign Stills it's likely for him?

Technically it's Yeldon's spot.  I'm assuming that will be Stills.

I guess now that Kroft is on the Covid list if Yeldon can come off next week he would take his place.

Actually worked out pretty good for Beane!

1 minute ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Wade is making perhaps 1/10 of what he made as a professional rugby player.  Practice squad guys don't even make 100k per year and he was a star in rugby. 

Wade's salary this year is $142,800.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/christian-wade-28987/

2 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Wade is making perhaps 1/10 of what he made as a professional rugby player.  Practice squad guys don't even make 100k per year and he was a star in rugby. 

I don't know what Wade made as a professional rugby player.  @GunnerBill gave his somewhat educated thoughts a while back.

Practice squad players this year make $8,400/week for every week they are on the practice squad.  I'm not sure whether or not the bye week is paid.  If not, that's $134,400 per season.  If so, that's $142,800 per season.

Either way, it's more than $100k per season.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

So I take this to mean we will see the starters tomorrow. No WR call ups. I guess if we build a big enough lead we'll probably see McKenzie and Roberts as our top 2 WRs for the rest of the game although personally I wouldn't risk Roberts getting hurt as a backup WR. I wonder if the Antonio Williams call up means they aren't happy with Singletary or Moss and want to see what Williams can do.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know what Wade made as a professional rugby player.  @GunnerBill gave his somewhat educated thoughts a while back.

Practice squad players this year make $8,400/week for every week they are on the practice squad.  I'm not sure whether or not the bye week is paid.  If not, that's $134,400 per season.  If so, that's $142,800 per season.

Average Guinness Premiership salary is £120,000. The highest paid player at Wasps (where Wade played) is on £420,000 and Wade would not have been in that top bracket which is reserved for international regulars - Wade only played 6 tests for England. A reasonable guesstimate is between £250k and £300k a year. 

He likely took a pay cut to be on the practice squad in the NFL but not a huge one and his partner is American. Obviously if he ever makes an active roster it is a big pay rise.

25 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

He was not a star in Rugby. He was a good Premiership player and a great sevens player but not up to international XVs standard. If you want me to give you an NFL equivalent he was in Rugby about what John Brown is in the NFL. A good player, a playmaker, but not a star.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He did meet and is now engaged to Lisa Ramos.  So he's got that gong for him!

image.jpeg.49267f501c4203c5b530c66fdff67ef5.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1