Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I think McD starts the game with the first team.  The strategy would be to build as much of a lead as possible, while monitoring the Steelers game.  Towards a plan of sitting the starters in the second half.  I really think leadership wants a second home game, even if fans won't be allowed.  We'll see.

Look at last year's week 17.  No reason it is different this year.  He'd be crazy to change anything.

Once Cleveland is up 14-0 in the first he sits them all......

3 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Huh? Miami was down 30-10 at the end of the 3rd. Tua lead the offense to 17 points, passing and rushing TD, in the fourth quarter. 

The game I watched, I'd conclude it was the Miami defense that held the Chiefs vaunted offense to 3 pts in the 4th quarter.  I think Miami returned a punt for a TD in the 4th. I I recall the Chiefs turned it over twice in the 4th.  Are we talking about the same game here?

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Decisions, decisions 

Would think One Buffalo would be better coordinated with their Zoom calls

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Look at last year's week 17.  No reason it is different this year.  He'd be crazy to change anything.

Yeah, I think we might be saying the same thing here.  Your assumption being the Browns go up 14-0 connects those dots.  But what if the Steelers go up 14-0.

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Bojo has been designated as the scoreboard watcher for the game since he doesn't play anyways. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I think McD starts the game with the first team.  The strategy would be to build as much of a lead as possible, while monitoring the Steelers game.  Towards a plan of sitting the starters in the second half.  I really think leadership wants a second home game, even if fans won't be allowed.  We'll see.

I agree - they have the additional luxury of monitoring the Pitt game and making decisions accordingly.  I also think people are not factoring enough the 2nd seed enabling the possibility of hosting the AFCCG if Chiefs stumble - esp with all the close games they had this last part of the season.  They are beatable by more than one team. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Bojo has been designated as the scoreboard watcher for the game since he doesn't play anyways. 

I was watching someone (can't remember where or when) breakdown the fake punt play.  Bojo didn't even sell the play himself.  He just stood there.  So either he didn't know it was about to happen or he needs NFL acting lessons 🙂 

1 minute ago, wjag said:

I was watching someone (can't remember where or when) breakdown the fake punt play.  Bojo didn't even sell the play himself.  He just stood there.  So either he didn't know it was about to happen or he needs NFL acting lessons 🙂 

I haven't seen anywhere - has it been confirmed where the call to run the fake came from - was it predetermined based on how the Cheaters lined up, a call by player on the field etc

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

I posted in virgil's "a few thoughts about the game" thread saying that I haven't seen someone sell a fake like that since Jay Cutler in the wildcat formation.

21 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I agree - they have the additional luxury of monitoring the Pitt game and making decisions accordingly.  I also think people are not factoring enough the 2nd seed enabling the possibility of hosting the AFCCG if Chiefs stumble - esp with all the close games they had this last part of the season.  They are beatable by more than one team. 

This is what I was thinking also. If someone beats the Chiefs and we get 2nd, the AFC goes through Buffalo. The way these teams are evenly matched anything is possible.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lazy said:

This is what I was thinking also. If someone beats the Chiefs and we get 2nd, the AFC goes through Buffalo. The way these teams are evenly matched anything is possible.

What are the chances the chiefs stumble? They only have 1 chance to "stumble" and vs who?? Ravens? Who they smacked this year? 

10 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

So, am I correct that losing to Miami would eliminate any possibility of getting them in the WC round? If so, we need to win this game!!

Yes a loss to Miami guarantees them the 5th seed which means they would play the AFCS Division Winner (Titans/Colts).

Man some Bills fans really need to ease it on the Tua hate 

kid is coming off a major injury and had no pre season. Yea he doesn’t look as good as The other rookie QB’s but neither did Allen. 

Miami are well run just like us and will surround him with talent