Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I think our JV team can beat them

Dolphins have a good football team.

Only thing holding them back right now is Tua.

If he progresses next year, they are going to be a threat to the bills for many years. (I am not saying they will be better than the bills)

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Dolphins have a good football team.

Only thing holding them back right now is Tua.

If he progresses next year, they are going to be a threat to the bills for many years. (I am not saying they will be better than the bills)

Not impressed with the kid. Undersized, Pennington-esque arm talent, lefty, too conservative, etc.

...i’d be more worried if The Beard was playing

3 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Not impressed with the kid. Undersized, Pennington-esque arm talent, lefty, too conservative, etc.

...i’d be more worried if The Beard was playing

Where are you getting Pennington-esque arm from? Your answer will tell how you've watched.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Not sure about that, living in Florida I’ve seen a lot of their games. I’ve also seen what Barkley is capable of. It won’t be as easy as many here think it will be...

Thank you. You guys have every right to be confident, but some of y'all are speaking as if we're the Jets or Jaguars. We've had some bad games but have also hung with you guys earlier in the year and were a few missed penalties away from beating the defending SB champions.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Thank you. You guys have every right to be confident, but some of y'all are speaking as if we're the Jets or Jaguars. We've had some bad games but have also hung with you guys earlier in the year and were a few missed penalties away from beating the defending SB champions.

The Dolphins are a good team, better with Fitz. Tua hasn’t demonstrated a unique skill set that screams success in the NFL. He’s undersized, not fast, and has a weak arm. He’ll win some games, but so did Jay Fiedler. 

I am thrilled the Dolphins took Tua over Herbert. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, KellyToTasker said:

The Dolphins are a good team, better with Fitz. Tua hasn’t demonstrated a unique skill set that screams success in the NFL. He’s undersized, not fast, and has a weak arm. He’ll win some games, but so did Jay Fiedler. 

I am thrilled the Dolphins took Tua over Herbert. 

The offense should operate better with Fitz, he has four years experience with the OC. If you don't watch the Dolphins games I don't see how you could come to your conclusion. Tua has maybe missed two deep passes since he started, where is this weak arm rhetoric coming from?

Just now, DolFAN93 said:

The offense should operate better with Fitz, he has four years experience with the OC. If you don't watch the Dolphins games I don't see how you could come to your conclusion. Tua has maybe missed two deep passes since he started, where is this weak arm rhetoric coming from?

I live in Alabama.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

His arm was never an issue at Bama nor has it been in Miami. We rarely attempt deep passes as most of the wideouts are possesion receivers...

Ok I’ll say something nice. He’s accurate short to mid range. Doesn’t have anything that scares me. Sorry
And let’s remember, Flo has pulled him in numerous games bc he just doesn’t do enough to win you guys gms.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

His arm was never an issue at Bama nor has it been in Miami. We rarely attempt deep passes as most of the wideouts are possesion receivers...

The College game and the NFL are completely different in speed. You asked where the week arm rhetoric is coming from, I told you. 

What, he had 20 pass attempts the other night for 90+ yards? Why do you think that is? His ball takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get anywhere. 

There’s a difference in lofting a ball 50 yards down the field and being able to drive the ball to all levels of the field/through the defense. 

He is absolutely limited in the number of throws that he can make. He knows it. The defenses know it. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Ok I’ll say something nice. He’s accurate short to mid range. Doesn’t have anything that scares me. Sorry
And let’s remember, Flo has pulled him in numerous games bc he just doesn’t do enough to win you guys gms.

The NFL is so much faster than college.  And the game is so much more complicated.  Tua needs to grow into the NFL, I think it's as simple as that.  Will he?  Some do.  Some can't. Money is saying he will.  

• Like (+1) 2

Is playing in Buffalo in January an actual advantage for us this year? We know snow doesn't bother josh, im more concerned about playing a better run team than us like titans in howling winds. Obviously I want home feild games i just don't know if the weather is our ally with the type offense we have.

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

The NFL is so much faster than college.  And the game is so much more complicated.  Tua needs to grow into the NFL, I think it's as simple as that.  Will he?  Some do.  Some can't. Money is saying he will.  

From watching his pre draft videos it seems like tua is an extremely hard worker and puts in the time I'd be willing to bet he finds his groove.