What to do with Dawson Knox

bobobonators

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This guy has by far the most upside of any tight end we have had here for a very, very long time. He has game breaking potential. He will get there. he is improving. He’s an excellent blocker with that receiving upside. 

Do people prefer a Mark Campbell or Robert Royal? Maybe a Derek Fine or Derek Schouman type? 

We should continue to add to the position. Draft guys with upside. Maybe sign UFA Jacob Hollister, who is a nice compliment and gives you some H back factor as well as familiarity with our system and and a close connection to Josh Allen. 

But I think Knox will be a top ten tight end in the near future. He came in as raw as you can be to play a very complicated position. Our team asks him to do a lot. And we have had no OTAs etc. The fact that he has had the impact he has is actually pretty amazing.

Knox needs competition. If Kroft isn’t going to start bring someone here that can compete 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

Knox can become Travis Kelce - let's give him a playoff stretch and another off season before making the final call

I don't think this is a Kelce or bust situation. Those are the two extreme's. I think DK shows real promise. Just gotta catch more consistently. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Kelce was Kelce in his 2nd year.  I mean, I'd love for it to happen, but...

Oh I agree. Chances are it won't. I just thought it was a fun sentence to write.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/29/2020 at 9:25 AM, MarkyMannn said:

Yeah the TD drop was disappointing, but he made at least two very tough catches later in the game

Imagine that TD drop happening in say, the AFC championship game, down by 5, 4th quarter, 4th down with 5 seconds left. This is where the dilemma is.

Just now, DuckyBoys said:

Drop Kroft.    Keep Knox and bring in new competition  Knox didnt see the ball much at Ole Miss, he may still develop into a top TE

Kroft's contract is up after the season.

IMO the experiment is over...you need guys that can actually be CONSISTANT not iffy hangers on types.....just go down the Roster.....Beasley/Brown/Diggs solid throw them the ball they catch it....Davis is a rookie but is above average and getting better....Knox...total flip the coin on any catch easy or hard....and its been like that since he got here..aka he isnt improving with the hands he is staying CONSISTANTLY INCONSISTENT...if thats the case time to solidify the position...IMO your draft needs coming up(and or FA) DL(DE), CB, TE(because they dont have one thats both GOOD and CONSISTENT),LB(depending on what they do with Milano)