What to do with Dawson Knox

bobobonators

I know this topic has been touched upon numerous times but here we go again. 

Knox has been more involved in the offense since the SF game - it has been great to see. This offense has been rolling. A top tier pass-catching TE is what this passing attack needs to be consistently elite in my opinion. It’s impossible for an opposing defense to account for Diggs, Beasley and a TE threat. A team with an elite corner like the Dolphins may be able to shadow Diggs and somewhat take him out of the game, but with Beasley and a TE threat the offense would still be dynamic. 

Knox has all the tools to be that threat we need in the redzone and over the middle of the field but this dude continues to raise question marks. How does he drop that TD last night? His hands can be too unpredictable for my liking. 

This upcoming draft has a couple of really good TE options. Do we stick with Knox as the starter one more season to see if it all clicks at some point? Do you guys want to spend a first or second round pick on a TE next yr? 

I think the bills are showing they can simply flirt with the idea of having a TE threat and it'll be enough.

They need Knox because he has the vertical threat to open the field for others.  If he drops one a game, I think it's down the priority list.

• Like (+1) 1

I have been very vocal on this he needs to go. if its a drop once in a while it happens but this guy seems to always have key drops that could affect us if we are playing better teams in the playoffs. there is a reason a guy with his talent dropped to the 4th round. i say go after another TE next year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I know this topic has been touched upon numerous times but here we go again. 

Knox has been more involved in the offense since the SF game - it has been great to see. This offense has been rolling. A top tier pass-catching TE is what this passing attack needs to be consistently elite in my opinion. It’s impossible for an opposing defense to account for Diggs, Beasley and a TE threat. A team with an elite corner like the Dolphins may be able to shadow Diggs and somewhat take him out of the game, but with Beasley and a TE threat the offense would still be dynamic. 

Knox has all the tools to be that threat we need in the redzone and over the middle of the field but this dude continues to raise question marks. How does he drop that TD last night? His hands can be too unpredictable for my liking. 

This upcoming draft has a couple of really good TE options. Do we stick with Knox as the starter one more season to see if it all clicks at some point? Do you guys want to spend a first or second round pick on a TE next yr? 

Since you know it has been talked about many times - call up the old thread and add thoughts rather than start over.  

I see no real way they are spending a high pick on TE.  They will have 5 on the roster already for next year even after letting Kroft go.  4 of them will be on rookie deals or minimum pay - so you are not saving money and this team is about developing talent and I think they will keep trying to develop players.  Plus Josh seems to really love Knox - so I imagine that helps also.

The Bills should be using early picks on DE, CB, OL, and LB to fill needs based upon FA losses.  If a TE falls big time and is the best player on the board - then go ahead - I just don’t see that being even a top 5 need for this team going forward.

• Like (+1) 7

11 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I think the bills are showing they can simply flirt with the idea of having a TE threat and it'll be enough.

They need Knox because he has the vertical threat to open the field for others.  If he drops one a game, I think it's down the priority list.

As long as the drop isn't a catch in the end zone when he is wide open and the game is on the line in the playoffs! 

Having a tight end who can consistently get open, like Knox often is is an asset. 

I don't really care if he drops some passes. He's still a young player who was barely utilized in college. 

The glass is half full view is that he's almost always open, which is rare for a tight end in the NFL these days. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LittleSammy said:

As long as the drop isn't a catch in the end zone when he is wide open and the game is on the line in the playoffs! 

I'd have way more questions for Daboll or even Allen if they are targeting Knox with the game on the line.  That's why they have Diggs and Beasley and Brown.

He is clearly the 3rd/4th option on most plays.  The offense doesn't flow through him in any way.