It still doesn’t seem real

Just Jack

4 hours ago, BITE ME said:

It won't be real for me until they win a playoff game.  I think they could win the Super Bowl if everything goes right, but I won't be disappointed if they go out in the second or third round.  I couldn't take a first round playoff loss or worse, a Super Bowl loss. 

I will fell highly "redeemed" if we get to the Super Bowl this year.  We lose it, so be it, as long as it is not a blowout I willconsider this season a massive success.  I already consider this a massive success esp with the incredible improvement in Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

I have felt that way for years......

Over the past month, something has changed.  As great as Josh had been throughout the year he has taken it to a whole new level.   

The game has significantly slowed down for him, sort of like Neo in the Matrix.   He just has such a remarkable feel and awareness about him that I personally believe the Bills are playing the best football in the league and I believe this team has supreme confidence in themselves.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

A little, but I'm honestly feeling pretty good about how in control Josh is playing.  I get no sense of that desperation hero ball that always seemed to doom him early.  The whole team is playing well.  If they do end up crashing and burning at some point, I suspect it will because they simply run into a hotter team.

the o line has been outstanding. I don’t believe t is coincidental that since Feliciano has returned, they have been playing good to great ball. 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Let's be real, even if the odds favor the Bills except against the Chiefs, any playoff game can be the last game... including the very first one. This year it would be soooo disappointing but it can happen. But there's nothing "sky is always falling" about it. It's just the nature of the Beast. Only one team out of 32 leaves the winner.

Well said.  Personally I felt if there was one game that could of dampened this recent run it was the Bills losing to the Pats*.

That monkey is now off their backs. 

6 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Maybe it’s because of the past 20 years, but I still feel like “okay, when does it all fall apart like usual.”  Anyone else feeling this way?

Yep, I keep waiting to hear that JA is just a one-hit wonder or Stefon Diggs really doesn’t want to be in Buffalo. It’s surreal.....

6 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Maybe it’s because of the past 20 years, but I still feel like “okay, when does it all fall apart like usual.”  Anyone else feeling this way?

Honestly, I am not feeling like that at all.

I've bought in, I guess.  We have been playing better each week for a while now, the D seems to be back, and Josh Allen is settling in as one of the best 4 or 5 QBs in the league, sometimes better than that!

If Josh can stay at this level for his career, we are going to be doing a ton of winning.

I also love that we are somewhat coming out of nowhere to be where we are now.  

This team can win the Super Bowl THIS YEAR.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

this is aged based in my opinion.. anyone under the age of say 26-27.. I can see you feeling that way..

to me?

I have seen Greatness come and go from this football team and for me...

Buffalo is the next AFC Dynasty..

I know I know! We have not even won a playoff game yet... Its the eye test.. Its the feel. Watching players do so many fun things during, before and after a game. It has the feel of.... Were Back!  I'm taking this game by game like everyone else but at this moment in time... this is how I feel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

this is aged based in my opinion.. anyone under the age of say 26-27.. I can see you feeling that way..

to me?

I have seen Greatness come and go from this football team and for me...

Buffalo is the next AFC Dynasty..

I know I know! We have not even won a playoff game yet... Its the eye test.. Its the feel. Watching players do so many fun things during, before and after a game. It has the feel of.... Were Back!  I'm taking this game by game like everyone else but at this moment in time... this is how I feel.

Your last paragraph is where I'm at too.

I think some Bills fans might not realize just how fast that last little bit of development can come.  It doesn't have to be progressive for the next few years, getting a little better each season.

It can be right here, right now, and I think we have a solid 1 in 5 shot at winning the Super Bowl this year, maybe better than that depending on how the playoffs develop.

At this stage of the game, the only approach to adopt as a Bills fan is to go all in and hope for greatness.

If we don't quite get there, so be it.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Exactly, cart before horse. Just too much of that going on right now...

I think every now and then its the mule pulling the cart while the horse is following close behind. lol

Again this is just how I feel right NOW. It can change.. just keep winning.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Your last paragraph is where I'm at too.

I think some Bills fans might not realize just how fast that last little bit of development can come.  It doesn't have to be progressive for the next few years, getting a little better each season.

It can be right here, right now, and I think we have a solid 1 in 5 shot at winning the Super Bowl this year, maybe better than that depending on how the playoffs develop.

At this stage of the game, the only approach to adopt as a Bills fan is to go all in and hope for greatness.

If we don't quite get there, so be it.  

yep and again.. This eye test may change.. Its just a feel

I suspect many may not want to hear this but the team can be for real and still lose in the first round of the playoffs.  It's a single elimination tournament played with an oblate spheroid and wacky stuff goes down sometimes, not to mention that the AFC is very strong.  If you could play 5 or 7 game series in football I'd say book us for the AFCCG.

The "for real" feeling for me is that we'll return to the playoffs perennially while Josh is on the team and healthy and that deep playoff runs will happen when they happen.

We also have a very real chance at a championship this year.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

17 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I suspect many may not want to hear this but the team can be for real and still lose in the first round of the playoffs.  It's a single elimination tournament played with an oblate spheroid and wacky stuff goes down sometimes, not to mention that the AFC is very strong.  If you could play 5 or 7 game series in football I'd say book us for the AFCCG.

The "for real" feeling for me is that we'll return to the playoffs perennially while Josh is on the team and healthy and that deep playoff runs will happen when they happen.

We also have a very real chance at a championship this year.

Despite my fears of losing a SB expressed earlier, I'm with you - we have a very real chance this of winning it all this year and I'm all in.  Go Bills!