It still doesn’t seem real

Just Jack

18 hours ago, BITE ME said:

It won't be real for me until they win a playoff game.  I think they could win the Super Bowl if everything goes right, but I won't be disappointed if they go out in the second or third round.  I couldn't take a first round playoff loss or worse, a Super Bowl loss. 

agree.  we need to win 2 play off games.  This team has the right talent and if it stops shooting itself in the foot, can win the big dance.

19 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Maybe it’s because of the past 20 years, but I still feel like “okay, when does it all fall apart like usual.”  Anyone else feeling this way?

Not anymore....after last year I knew this team was going to be real good going forward.

They are actually a bit better and further along than I figured.

This is a legit perrenial top 5 franchise if JA17 stays healthy.

The Process has arrived all hail the new king of the AFCE :)

19 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I think anyone that says no to this question isn’t old enough to have experienced all the heartbreaks. That said...yes...I am always looking over my shoulder waiting for it to all fall apart. It’s just how it has been with this team over the years. 

Until we win a SB, I will always feel this way. I can admit that this team has a different feel to it, but we’ve been bitten so badly over the years that it’s hard to feel differently. 

I am plenty old enough to remember the pain and misery.

You can tell that all these guys realise Josh is a very special talent and they Billieve in him.

Look at the O line...have you ever seen an an O line block like this since the early 90's?

They get him the time to throw and take it personally if they get beat and Josh gets hit.

I can't remember the game but Schnowman got owned and Josh got hit and the first thing Dawkins said post game was I am so sorry for getting him hit I won't let it happen again.

I get a feeling of accountability and that these guys are a true team that plays for each other.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

not gonna lie - at 10-9 I felt the old twinge.  It didn't last long tho.

I just thought and knew Josh would guide them back down to get another TD and another and another and another :)

20 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Maybe it’s because of the past 20 years, but I still feel like “okay, when does it all fall apart like usual.”  Anyone else feeling this way?

Jack, I can relate in it’s become so normal to always have a feeling when does the ball drop.  I still have this sick feeling like, yeah this is great, but wait we’ll lose in the first round of the playoffs.  It’s like battered wife syndrome.

But then I remember how myself, friends and family used to always feel when we were down in the Kelly years, “don’t worry we can score in less than a minute”.  I feel like collectively the confidence is coming back and when I hear the WGR morning show they posed an interesting question.  It resonated with me as the guys have stated where are you’re expectations in the beginning of the year to now.  For me it was winning the East, double digit wins, and winning a home playoff game.

Now, I’m up to where Sal pointed it out the other day on his bit, he wrote an article before the season he expected what I wrote, but in addition we should make it to the AFCC.  I agree with him now.

I don’t where you guys are at, or do you realistically think we will beat the Chiefs to get back to the SB.  

Lotta incredibly negative people in here, people who've been consistently down on Beane, McDermott and especially Josh Allen who are now acting like that never happened. Hilarious, but not surprising.

As to the OP, no. I'm supremely confident in this team, and unlike so many of the aforementioned people, I'm not phony about it.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

20 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The difference is that it’s just us fans who know anything about all the failures. There’s nobody in the Bills organization or on the field who was there for much if any of it. Josh Allen doesn’t know about it for sure. He’s got his own career to play for. 

That is a very sound theory.

22 hours ago, Just Jack said:

😅😅😅 I'm totally with you on this! I've been feeling this way since the Seattle game 😄😄

But i am enjoying the ride.... shame I'm too nervous to be excited 😄😄

I don't know how to act right now 

22 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I think anyone that says no to this question isn’t old enough to have experienced all the heartbreaks. That said...yes...I am always looking over my shoulder waiting for it to all fall apart. It’s just how it has been with this team over the years. 

Until we win a SB, I will always feel this way. I can admit that this team has a different feel to it, but we’ve been bitten so badly over the years that it’s hard to feel differently. 

Man we've said this about every Bills team almost every 3-4 years 😄 

When Jauron & Trent had us 5-0 after we beat Rivers, Tomlinson & the Chargers (i was at that game) we all left the stadium saying "This team feels different"

When Chan got hired & Fitz was playing out his mind... the team felt different!

Marrone & Schwartz had our Defense popping ... had us feeling like we could be the 2000 Ravens with a bad offense.

Rex ... after Tyrod 1st year had us feeling good as well... 

So excuse me while i was so cautious to like McDermott & be all in... i think this is the 1st time I've said im all in & that was after September this year 😄

I keep asking other people that's not Bills fans "Do you think we're good?" I've been wearing this Bills glasses so long...i know if it's my love for my team or we must be really good. 😅

On 12/29/2020 at 9:11 AM, Blainorama5 said:

A little, but I'm honestly feeling pretty good about how in control Josh is playing.  I get no sense of that desperation hero ball that always seemed to doom him early.  The whole team is playing well.  If they do end up crashing and burning at some point, I suspect it will because they simply run into a hotter team.

Or an injury to Allen....that worries me more than anything.  

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I was so nervous driving to the stadium, I would have turned around and watched it at home. But I had one of my brother-in-laws with me, so I kept going.  I felt like sick to my stomach nervous. Even today, after the win, I still stand by my OP, that it doesn't feel real to me. Not being a Negative Nancy, I won't say I expect them to fail, I have high hopes of a AFCC win, then SB.  I'm just very worried. But that's me. 

6 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Last night I was so nervous driving to the stadium, I would have turned around and watched it at home. But I had one of my brother-in-laws with me, so I kept going.  I felt like sick to my stomach nervous. Even today, after the win, I still stand by my OP, that it doesn't feel real to me. Not being a Negative Nancy, I won't say I expect them to fail, I have high hopes of a AFCC win, then SB.  I'm just very worried. But that's me. 

Its like we’re not supposed to be here. We’re not supposed to have nice things