It still doesn’t seem real

Just Jack

A little, but I'm honestly feeling pretty good about how in control Josh is playing.  I get no sense of that desperation hero ball that always seemed to doom him early.  The whole team is playing well.  If they do end up crashing and burning at some point, I suspect it will because they simply run into a hotter team.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Maybe it’s because of the past 20 years, but I still feel like “okay, when does it all fall apart like usual.”  Anyone else feeling this way?

Been on TSW almost 20 years(been a fan since the late 60’s), and almost all of those 20 years, it has been bad football, rinse and repeat, year after year.  

Yes, because of that, I do sit here sometimes waiting for the wheels to fall off.  

Edited by Back the Blue

I think anyone that says no to this question isn’t old enough to have experienced all the heartbreaks. That said...yes...I am always looking over my shoulder waiting for it to all fall apart. It’s just how it has been with this team over the years. 

Until we win a SB, I will always feel this way. I can admit that this team has a different feel to it, but we’ve been bitten so badly over the years that it’s hard to feel differently. 

• Like (+1) 3

Well experience would seem to have taught us to be prepared for imminent collapse with this team at any given moment, typically when expectations are highest. Yet, with Beane and McDermott running the show and Josh and the other leaders on this team having the character that they do, I've hesitantly come to expect this team to play better in the critical stages of big matchups rather than comically squander the game. Yes, it definitely feels ***** weird.

Edited by Bills Survivor
  • Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Maybe it’s because of the past 20 years, but I still feel like “okay, when does it all fall apart like usual.”  Anyone else feeling this way?

A first round loss because we couldn't stop the run is definitely on my mind.  I won't be shocked. I will expect if if they lose to the Dolphins this weekend.  We need to win a playoff game or this year was a bust.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2020 at 9:27 AM, Gene1973 said:

Absolutely I feel this way. Thing is, I didn't feel that way in the 90's. I think the 4 SB loses changed my perception/outlook of the organization.

The SB years, if the team was behind in a game, we didn’t worry because they were capable to come back and win. During the drought, when the team was ahead, we’d wonder how they would lose again. 

My wife likes telling the story of the Jags/Bills in London game.  The Bills has just scored to take the lead late in the game. Her and the fans are standing, cheering, and I'm just sitting there in my seat, arms crossed.  She asks me why I’m not excited.  I replied, “just wait, they’ll lose”.  Sure enough they did.  Even last night, I still had the same feeling until they got up 31-9.  Then I was able to relax some. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 2

I have been watching/going to Bills games since before Kelly was QB.  Like a lot of folks here, been through a lot with the Bills.  The last 20 years has pretty much taught me to become numb to it all.

Now this year rolls around, and I admit, I did not see 12/13 wins with the schedule and everything else going on.  Yet, here we are, on the cusp of locking up the # 2 seed.  To answer your question, yes, I am waiting for the bottom to fall out, ie, a horrible playoff loss in the 1st round.  I am enjoying the ride, but have reserved myself after each win as well as with each loss, that, in the grand scheme, the outcome of a football game doesn't matter much on life.  It's all in how you take each game.

But, man, oh man, I am so ready for the playoffs!!  There is something special about this team, this group of players together.  It may not happen this year, but we are close.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

It won't be real for me until they win a playoff game.  I think they could win the Super Bowl if everything goes right, but I won't be disappointed if they go out in the second or third round.  I couldn't take a first round playoff loss or worse, a Super Bowl loss. 

The Bills are an elite NFL team that will be set up for sustained success for the coming years as a top NFL franchise.

We'll have our QB locked up after his extension, receivers are locked up, decent offensive line and running backs on rookie deals, and we can essentially just allocated all our draft resources into keeping the defense fresh with young prospects. 

The Bills and Chiefs look set to dominate the AFC for years to come. Could develop into a great rivalry similar to Brady and Manning from 2000 to 2010. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

NOPE! Full confidence in this team.

I'm no longer doing any routines, superstitions, or rituals. I'm just showing up as a fan to enjoy the game with full trust in Josh and the boys, and they havent let me down yet.

BILL-IEVE! OUR TIME IS HERE!

Agreed.  The moon and stars have definitely lined up this year.  Go take it while its there for the taking!   Titans are banged up now, KC coming back to earth (?), Pitt looks average, lets go take the conference.   Saints/Packers super scary with HOF QBs but lets leave that for later!  

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I stopped feeling this way last night.  It's real. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

It can change just like that? Hmm, I'm skeptical, but good for you I guess. I'm not there yet, need to see a championship first.

Maybe after Josh takes the first steps on Mars you will stop being so negative? 🙂

• Haha (+1) 2