How do we support Duke?

JimBob2232

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I missed it, what did they say 

In reference to how important Diggs is to this team and how much better they are, they referenced that Allen was throwing to Duke Williams in the playoff game last year...

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Brian Griese was saying that Josh had garbage to throw to, like Duke during the WC game last year and Kelvin Benjamin the year before.  he probably didn’t realize Duke was still on the team.

Was it griese?  I thought it was levy

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Brian Griese was saying that Josh had garbage to throw to, like Duke during the WC game last year and Kelvin Benjamin the year before.  he probably didn’t realize Duke was still on the team.

I did a double take when I heard that comment. (1) By the same logic, you could say they don't have anyone this year b/c he threw to McKenzie a number of times, or that they were relying on the rookie Davis b/c he got over 60 yards a few games this year. It was a false equivalency, since Duke Williams was not Allen's 1st option by a long shot and that's what Griese's analogy implied; he just got a lot of passes in that playoff game. Griese seems to have forgotten about Brown and that Beasley was also there last year and playing well. 

Getting Diggs changed the dynamic of the team and gave them a true #1 take-over-the-game receiver, as opposed to 2019's group of good receivers and 2018's mess, but the Duke Williams analogy was not the right way of expressing how Diggs changed the offense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

What exactly did Griese say wrong? I mean Duke was the number one receiver targeted in the Wild Card game. Duke had a couple drops in the playoff game that maybe Diggs would have caught. Griese was praising Beane for the overhaul. Should we also apologize to Dawkins for them calling the oline terrible two years ago?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1