Pro Bowl snub -- Corey Bojorquez?

Utah John

Of course we all noticed that Jordan Poyer wasn't picked this year for the Pro Bowl, despite leading all DBs in tackles.  I wonder why there hasn't been a peep about Corey Bojorquez not being selected.  Bojorquez leads the NFL in punting average and has a been a consistent top performer.  He had a few shanks last year but only one this year that I can remember. 

The punter who was selected from the AFC is Brett Kern from the Titans.  Was he really better than Bojorquez?

Kern just got it cause he was 1st team all pro last year. It honestly should've been the pats punter jake bailey who made it. Punting is about way more than just kicking it far and he's got the most punts down inside the 20 and the fewest return yards given up in the AFC.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Of course we all noticed that Jordan Poyer wasn't picked this year for the Pro Bowl, despite leading all DBs in tackles.  I wonder why there hasn't been a peep about Corey Bojorquez not being selected.  Bojorquez leads the NFL in punting average and has a been a consistent top performer.  He had a few shanks last year but only one this year that I can remember. 

The punter who was selected from the AFC is Brett Kern from the Titans.  Was he really better than Bojorquez?

If it makes you feel better Kern is from Grand Island and grew up a Bills fan. His Dad owns and operates the NIagara Falls Power, a minor league baseball team that plays at Sal Maggie Stadium in NIagara Falls.

4 hours ago, downunderbill said:

Wasn't he a TBD whipping boy earlier in the season alongside Bass?

Bills probably have the biggest guns in the NFL. Josh the biggest arm and Bass and Bojo with the biggest legs.  Things really looking good for the future.  If the offense wasn't so productive, I could see Bass with 10+ 50+ yarders in a season; his 50 yarders are good from 60+.. all of them.   Bojo just kicks it out of the stadium.  Really good news here.   

Again, its all about McBeanes constantly finding and signing the right kind of high character talent (the Process) and coaching it up.   They stole Bojo from the Pats on waivers and had the scouting chops to find/draft Bass and move on to him (and stick with him, just like they stuck with Josh).    

• Like (+1) 1

He’s averaging the most yards because we almost never punt from midfield or closer.  On the (rare)occasions when we have to punt from deep in our own territory, we just tell him, kick the bejeezus out of the ball and flip the field.  No coffin-corner or goal-line punts to bring down his gross average. 

He's got a really big leg, & although I think he's otherwise improved, I don't think he's Probowl worthy.  Just look at his counterpart (Bailey) last night.  Admittedly, he hasn't had much opportunity, but he's not very consistent putting the ball close inside the 20.  He's more likely to get a touchback than drop it inside the 10 & you're not even that confident he'll get it inside the 20 at all.  I think Bailey's net is only like 2 yds worse than his gross.

6 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Pro Bowl for punters is like the gold glove for pitchers, usually someone gets it more on reputation than performance.

For that matter, the Pro Bowl is like the MLB All-Star Game.  Both popularity contests.  The only difference is that the All-Star Game is actually watchable.