Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

41 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Just wanted the Bills to be full strength for the Playoffs and think Beasley matters.

Sorry I’m not being a fan in the way you want me to be.

This has nothing to do with Beasley.  You’re still complaining about McD; you’ve done it since he arrived in town.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

This has nothing to do with Beasley.  You’re still complaining about McD; you’ve done it since he arrived in town.

“Arrived in town” or otherwise known as been connected to WNY for 38 years.

So you shout out my obsession with this injury (even though you found my post that wasn’t directed at you and responded) and now you also know that it really comes down to me criticizing McDermott.

You just know it.

I get it, all the positive fans over the years, who defended every terrible move the Bills made, feel vindicated now.

McDermott and Beane have built a winner and so those type

of fans will shout - See! See! The negative fans you guys were wrong. But you don’t get the reverse conversation from those same fans saying, wow, they really weren’t close with Jauron, Gailey, Marrone and Rex. 

McDermott wins and now is above any sort of critical thinking. You’re simply not allowed to push the issue.

My thought was Beasley fills a niche roll in this offense and is our #2 WR in terms of 2020 production. Just find it odd that our reporters drop the subject once they get one evasive answer. Even this interview, the Beasley question is tucked into the last second of the interview behind a feelings question about our Punter. It sticks with me that we might not be 100% for this game, that’s all. 

Since you’re really good about making assumptions about me, could it be that you’re like all the other fans from 1960 who feel that they’ve earned the right to call into WGR to lecture everyone else on how to be a fan? Kind of entitled to the right to talk down to those who don’t phrase or view things the same way?

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So you shout out my obsession with this injury (even though you found my post that wasn’t directed at you and responded) and now you also know that it really comes down to me criticizing McDermott.

You just know it.

I get it, all the positive fans over the years, who defended every terrible move the Bills made, feel vindicated now.

of fans will shout - See! See! The negative fans you guys were wrong. But you don’t get the reverse conversation from those same fans saying, wow, they really weren’t close with Jauron, Gailey, Marrone and Rex. 

McDermott wins and now is above any sort of critical thinking. You’re simply not allowed to push the issue.

My thought was Beasley fills a niche roll in this offense and is our #2 WR in terms of 2020 production. Just find it odd that our reporters drop the subject once they get one evasive answer. Even this interview, the Beasley question is tucked into the last second of the interview behind a feelings question about our Punter. It sticks with me that we might not be 100% for this game, that’s all. 

Since you’re really good about making assumptions about me, could it be that you’re like all the other fans from 1960 who feel that they’ve earned the right to call into WGR to lecture everyone else on how to be a fan? Kind of entitled to the right to talk down to those who don’t phrase or view things the same way?

First of all, I have never called WGR or any other radio show, despite being a fan from 1960.  Second some coaches have stunk and I was one who, just as an example, called for Ryan get canned.  Third, McD has been here 4 years, not 38.

This has nothing to do with McD being above critical thinking.  You don’t like the way McD answers questions, and you don’t like the way reporters ask.  To which my response is: that’s just too damn bad. You seem to think you have some sort of right to having McD communicate exactly the way you demand because you’re a fan.  That is simply wrong. McD is not going to give information on Beasley until Friday in all probability, and he shouldn’t because it would make the Colts game planning potentially easier.  And I suspect the reporters know by now that bugging him about it won’t get him to be more forthcoming.

Your queries about how he sounded, or whether his tone was X or Y, reminds me of junior high girls gossiping about the cute boy in class. We will know about it when they tell us, and they will tell us: a).  when they actually know whether he can go (I am sure they are doing whatever they can to get him ready), and b). when they have to do so.  Period. 

And if he can’t go, I like everyone else will not like it, but such is football.  And the next guy steps up, like say a Mckenzie who if memory serves correct did an OK job yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

First of all, I have never called WGR or any other radio show, despite being a fan from 1960.  Second some coaches have stunk and I was one who, just as an example, called for Ryan get canned.  Third, McD has been here 4 years, not 38.

This has nothing to do with McD being above critical thinking.  You don’t like the way McD answers questions, and you don’t like the way reporters ask.  To which my response is: that’s just too damn bad. You seem to think you have some sort of right to having McD communicate exactly the way you demand because you’re a fan.  That is simply wrong. McD is not going to give information on Beasley until Friday in all probability, and he shouldn’t because it would make the Colts game planning potentially easier.  And I suspect the reporters know by now that bugging him about it won’t get him to be more forthcoming.

Your queries about how he sounded, or whether his tone was X or Y, reminds me of junior high girls gossiping about the cute boy in class. We will know about it when they tell us, and they will tell us: a).  when they actually know whether he can go (I am sure they are doing whatever they can to get him ready), and b). when they have to do so.  Period. 

And if he can’t go, I like everyone else will not like it, but such is football.  And the next guy steps up, like say a Mckenzie who if memory serves correct did an OK job yesterday.

“You seem to think you have some sort of right” ...

... Kind of like this lecture you’re giving me?

You don’t like my posting style, yes I tend to be exacting. Regardless, your posts tend to bully and insult when you disagree.

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You just know it.

Giving out injury information is a competitive advantage for the opponent. Why should every other Bills fan have their team and the entire Bills organization have to give up one iota of advantage to make you feel better? Take a xanax and stop trying to prove how smart you are.

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty much. He said nothing, with intention! 

here's the interview 13:45 in if anyone wants to give it a listen

I thought he was much more straightforward when he was asked, after reviewing Sunday's film, if he thought Isaiah was capable of handling the slot receiver role, and he said he's very capable and we have a lot of confidence in Isaiah.

I thought he looked uncomfortable when asked about Beasley.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was around for the "bickering bills" and now evidencing the "bickering bills fans"  Lets just say Im glad its you guys and not the team. It may well be they themselves dont know what Beasleys game status/ condition is yet Its only Monday.. I'm not downplaying how great it would be to have Beas in the lineup. He will play if he is healthy enough to do so and be a positive contributor. If he can't he won't  Period. What McDermott says between now and Friday is next to meaningless . As has been stated why give the competition any info. They actually have enough other Bills to worry about even if Beasley isn't able to play. Im concentrating and celebrating being IN the playoffs but thats just me. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Well McKenzie’s performance on Sunday sure gave me a bit of relief if Beas isn’t ready this week.  And we got Smoke back. Let Beas mend for the AFCC and SB. 

Imagine if Mckenzie is actually good. The Bills might be lining up Diggs, Brown, Mckenzie, and Stills out there in the playoffs. One of the fastest 4 WR sets in the NFL.

Beasley is also pretty fast himself. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Imagine if Mckenzie is actually good. The Bills might be lining up Diggs, Brown, Mckenzie, and Stills out there in the playoffs. One of the fastest 4 WR sets in the NFL.

Beasley is also pretty fast himself. 

When Beasley is back, that makes a solid group for 5 receiver sets.

On 12/30/2020 at 8:16 PM, 34-78-83 said:

As silly as it may sound, the most likely outcome on Cole will be what you heard from Josh Allen’s comments and positive tone in his conference today. Chance to play Sunday but not likely. Much better chance to be good by the playoff game. Players have a way of revealing without revealing.

If anyone needs any more analysis of player/coach commentary, I can be made available for hire! 🤣

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

If anyone needs any more analysis of player/coach commentary, I can be made available for hire! 🤣

Just one question that's always been bugging me: why no "12" in your handle?

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just one question that's always been bugging me: why no "12" in your handle?

Did you ask that in the past? If not , someone else did. Either way, it's simply that they are my 3 favorite Bills of all time, during the era that I was able to attend every significant Bills home game live and in person. Love #12! My son and I went to his football camp too, and I had possibly even more fun than my son did, LOL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/4/2021 at 7:12 PM, oldmanfan said:

Yeah, there are a lot of fans who take it personally when the coach is vague in press conferences or won't answer certain questions.

I love it, personally. Fulfill your media obligations and give up as little information as humanly possible. Make it so opposing teams don't even bother listening. I wouldn't even mind if McDermott came out there and answered every question with "I'm just here so I don't get fined".

On 1/4/2021 at 9:42 PM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

“You seem to think you have some sort of right” ...

... Kind of like this lecture you’re giving me?

You don’t like my posting style, yes I tend to be exacting. Regardless, your posts tend to bully and insult when you disagree.

If complaining about not liking McDermotts style is a style, you are all over it... 😂

Go Bills!!!