Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

1 minute ago, nkreed said:

He was advocating for a Wildcat play without Allen. 😉

I do appreciate bringing this back to the front page. Any updates as the week progresses would be great.

Or a 12 men in the huddle penalty.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Sounds like pure speculation on Morts part.  

Id take it more serious if he had some additional context, ie: beasleys specific ailment.

thx for posting tho

In a recent interview on the Kim pegula podcast Josh Allen was asked which famous people he talks to now that he has become famous. Josh mentioned Mort 

8 minutes ago, nkreed said:

He was advocating for a Wildcat play without Allen. 😉

I do appreciate bringing this back to the front page. Any updates as the week progresses would be great.

uh.  yeah..  that.. 😏

• Like (+1) 1

I am OK with holding Beasley out Saturday if it gets him back to the form he needs to be in for the divisional round. I know that sounds arrogant and all, but there are guys on this roster (or soon to be) who can step up or in to make up for missing #11. Beane has done an amazing job to build real depth.

• Like (+1) 2

Would have loved for him to get his 1k, but such is life.  Hope he’s out there this week, if not at least for the next round.  I don’t think they “need” him to beat Indy, but it sure makes life easier.  Though mad props to Brown and McKenzie yesterday, really good games for both working inside and out.

Edited by DCofNC

Chris Mortenson has been in on Josh Allen scoops and exclusives since he was drafted.  Definitely think he has a direct line to Allen or someone close to him for info. 

That said, if he's an Allen source then they could also be using him to put out misinformation and the Bills, since McDermott has been here, definitely play the misinformation game.

7 hours ago, scribo said:

I am OK with holding Beasley out Saturday if it gets him back to the form he needs to be in for the divisional round. I know that sounds arrogant and all, but there are guys on this roster (or soon to be) who can step up or in to make up for missing #11. Beane has done an amazing job to build real depth.

I don't think they will just arbitrarily sit him out for the sake of healing for the following week.  I think they will do what they can to get him out on the field but if they don't believe he is the best option then he'll sit. 

With that said, the Bills are deep at WR and and most likely can manage just fine without him against the Colts.   Having Brown back and him looking sharp really helps a good bit.

Based on the Phins game, I'd say Beasley won't play against the Colts. Daboll and Josh were trying to get Smoke back in rhythm to get ready for the playoffs, sure, but we were clearly also trying to get McKenzie and Gabe going. That seemed to be our MAIN priority in the game, from an offensive standpoint. Why would we do this? Maybe because we know Bease is not likely to play against the Colts, and we wanted to shore up our number 3 receiver (Gabe, who'd been slumping) and our backup slot (McKenzie).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ray Stonada said:

Based on the Phins game, I'd say Beasley won't play against the Colts. Daboll and Josh were trying to get Smoke back in rhythm to get ready for the playoffs, sure, but we were clearly also trying to get McKenzie and Gabe going. That seemed to be our MAIN priority in the game, from an offensive standpoint. Why would we do this? Maybe because we know Bease is not likely to play against the Colts, and we wanted to shore up our number 3 receiver (Gabe, who'd been slumping) and our backup slot (McKenzie).

At the most you can say they tried to get McK to fill-in for Bease and he passed.  But whether Bease is going to be out against the Colts remains to be seen.  If it's 50-50, I'd favor sitting him.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

At the most you can say they tried to get McK to fill-in for Bease and he passed.  But whether Bease is going to be out against the Colts remains to be seen.  If it's 50-50, I'd favor sitting him.

Me too. We dropped 56 on the best scoring defense in the league without him, after all. Are these things really happening???