Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

We get the point, or I do anyway.

I think what the fellas are implying is both Beasley and Allen would put a positive spin on things.

I'm not sure how accurate that makes it...

Gotcha yeah thx... I think Allen would be much more vague or less confident sounding about it based on his typical responses

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m an adult, and have a doctorate in Anatomy.  The term you were looking for was blood supply, not innervation.  The blood supply to the meniscus is pretty limited and primarily through the synovium.  

No one in this thread can diagnose what what happened to him based on the replay, or the few seconds of the sideline shot with the trainers.  So we all should quit guessing.  

oh man - I caught Skynyrd at the synovium. 

They tore it up :bag: 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Holy HIPAA violations, Batman!

No, no Giuseppe! Not Hippa - Kneea!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

Gotcha yeah thx... I think Allen would be much more vague or less confident sounding about it based on his typical responses

He's a smart cookie, this Josh Allen. I don't expect him to say anything that may expose a weakness or help another opponent. Not in my humble opinion anyway. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Fair enough re "adults" comment. For that I apologise. We are sometimes too quick on the trigger.

In return, I suggest calling someone a cartoon character (someone you don't know) might also require some reflection, if only for better situational awareness.

Now...I'm going to rely on oldmanfan and balln for my updates.

(N.B., "we" means those who've probably been down-range for too long.)

I appreciate your thoughtful response. My initial post was meant more in jest than as any sort of intentional slight or insult. I’ve been here long enough to realize message boards are a poor medium for nuance, though, so I apologize for being a prick, even if it wasn’t my explicit intent. Happy New Year! ...and more importantly, Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

“The best-case scenario is that it’s a lateral knee contusion and the team is being cautious. The next possibility is the quadriceps strain which could be a week-to-week injury that could force him out. This would be the most opportune situation in terms of overall health.

The worst-case would be the meniscus tear and he has to battle through it for the postseason. We saw former Bills wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin deal with this during the 2017 season. I would expect Beasley to do the same. I hope I’m wrong, I want to be wrong, but I am considering all possibilities based on the information at hand.”
https://bangedupbills.com/2020/12/30/2020-week-16-bills-injury-review-patriots/

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“The best-case scenario is that it’s a lateral knee contusion and the team is being cautious. The next possibility is the quadriceps strain which could be a week-to-week injury that could force him out. This would be the most opportune situation in terms of overall health.

The worst-case would be the meniscus tear and he has to battle through it for the postseason. We saw former Bills wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin deal with this during the 2017 season. I would expect Beasley to do the same. I hope I’m wrong, I want to be wrong, but I am considering all possibilities based on the information at hand.”

Bangedupbills is my least favorite part of Locked on Bills.  Love Joe Marino, but this guy just sounds like some know-it-all at a bar on Elmwood.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ohhhh, don’t even get me started on the tibial plateau!   :)

A lot of people on here speculating, and I get that it’s only natural. Most didn’t even stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night! I’ll hold off and pray for the best. There are certain games where Beasley is a critical tool in the box, but this is football. This stuff happens. 

The Kelvin Benjamin reference did not inspire me, I must admit! 

Edited by Augie

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ohhhh, don’t even get me started on the tibial plateau!   :)

:)

A lot of people on here speculating, and I get that it’s only natural. Most didn’t even stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night! I’ll hold off and pray for the best. There are certain games where Beasley is a critical tool in the box, but this is football. This stuff happens. 

The Kelvin Benjamin reference did not inspire me, I must admit! 

VA-LCP Proximal Tibial Plate 3.5. Part of the Synthes Variable Angle ...

Edited by ColoradoBills

25 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'd love to see an example. I'm not super familiar with his work, although I know I've seen his observations before.

I could be wrong, but I think he was more referring to his spot on the Cover1 podcast

I never listen to that, so I have no opinion on its quality.

I follow him on Twitter and read his bangedupbills.com blog.  He's always reasoned and doesn't come across as a know-it-all at all.  He's also fairly well connected to other sports-involved people so when someone else has a different viewpoint he's very good about presenting it and either giving it props or explaining why he thinks it's less likely.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I will NOT be baited by the likes of you, fine sir!!! 

(The three exclamation marks mean I REALLY mean it!) 

LOL      I couldn't help it.  I helped engineer the manufacturing process of the variable screws that went into that plate!

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

LOL      I couldn't help it.  I helped engineer the manufacturing process of the variable screws that went into that plate!

Yeah, well I helped engineer the original human knee. I’m older than you think!

Or, at least, I FEEL that old! 

Colorado would be a good place to work on fixing knees! When my son tore his ACL and MCL we went to Steadman-Hawkins for the surgery. One Colorado location but the other was Greenville, SC where my BIL is a doctor and friends with the surgeon. HUGE difference getting surgery and PT geared toward an athlete vs a blue hair in Florida where we lived at the time. 

Congrats on your contribution to the amazing evolution of modern medicine. It really is amazing how far we have come. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I think he was more referring to his spot on the Cover1 podcast

Turns out you're correct.

Still would love to see more support for that claim (I'm always fascinated by people who come off as arrogant know-it-alls AND by people who insecurely perceive others to be know-it-alls). I don't have any insight beyond some tweets shared on this forum (which I've always appreciated, even though by definition they're conjecture, at least in a mathematical sense). Podcasts are a dramatically different medium than social media snippets, so maybe the content creator in question doesn't translate well beyond the written word. 

Maybe I'll have the opportunity to catch his podcast. Which one is it, specifically? WHO is it? I watch some Cover-1 content.