Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

2 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

Not sure if it was McD's or Daboll's call to send him out there, but for all you "process" lovers, the process failed them.

I just hope he is ready in two weeks for the start of the playoffs.

‘Whatever the process is, it has them at 12-3 and the talk of the league.   Hundreds of decisions are made by dozens of men day after day.  None can all be perfect.  You need five commas to count the possible outcomes.  Surely you acknowledge that.   Pointing to a bad outcome as evidence that the process failed is, well ...

Life’s not perfect.  We’re 12-3 with a chance to tie the best record this franchise has ever had.  I’m one of those “process” lovers.

Edited by Neo

When I think “week to week” with the Bills I think:

Singletary

Milano

Brown

In other words I’m not thinking 13 days and give her a try for the playoffs.  I’m thinking a month or so like the above and we better make the Super Bowl or it is likely the 2021 regular season.

Man, I wanted to see these three receivers on the field together when it mattered most to really have this team light it up in the playoffs.  I hope I am wrong.

Paraphrasing Colonel Trautman from First Blood, “Cole Beasley: best slot receiver in the game, catcher of numerous balls in traffic when needed.  Injured in Jerk Water USA during garbage time.” 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

So many drama queens on this board. Holy crap. He got cleated, he could play next week if we absolutely needed him. He won’t play next week because we don’t need him to. He will be back for the WC game, 2 weeks is plenty of time to recover. Some of you guys are hilarious. McD has always been deliberately obtuse about the injury reports and you still try and over read every little syllable. The mental gymnastics some of you do to drum up either controversy (BARKLEY THREW A BAD BALL) or just drama in general has got to be exhausting. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Stop with the Barkley bashing.

Nobody feels bad for Barkley not being able to figure out how to keep himself ready..........it's his job to not come in and crap himself.......but he always does when he has to enter a game for Allen........even when his team is kicking the sh*t out of a bunch of undrafted free agents.

I totally get the introspection and thoughts surrounding Cole Beasley. Good teams find a way to play to their strengths and mitigate losses though. This IS a good team and I think The Bills will have an capable game plan for their opponent come playoffs with or without Cole Beasley. One thing I do know is he will play if at all possible.

Quick Healing Cole. The entire fan base and team send best wishes and positive thoughts and prayers.

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Muppy said:

I totally get the introspection and thoughts surrounding Cole Beasley. Good teams find a way to play to their strengths and mitigate losses though. This IS a good team and I think The Bills will have an capable game plan for their opponent come playoffs with or without Cole Beasley. One thing I do know is he will play if at all possible.

Quick Healing Cole. The entire fan base and team send best wishes and positive thoughts and prayers.

I would rub his foot and ankle for free if I thought it would help, or if it wasn’t absolutely one of the creepiest things in the world to do.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Playoffs? said:

Would McD have anything to gain by overstating Cole’s injury?

Does he have anything to gain saying anything else. He just opened a gameplan issue. For the WC game. Week to week is an easy designation to say right after a game when you likely made a decision to rest starters. 

why say anything more? 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nobody feels bad for Barkley not being able to figure out how to keep himself ready..........it's his job to not come in and crap himself.......but he always does when he has to enter a game for Allen........even when his team is kicking the sh*t out of a bunch of undrafted free agents.

What the hell are you babbling about?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

10:31 left in the 4th when he gets hurt.

Probably should have pulled the skill starters as soon as Allen was pulled.

The Patriots were beyond punchless at that point and posed no threat come back.

Then u and I should have played. Putting backups in with no starter help is useless. No one is questioning why the starting OL remained in game. 

18 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I would rub his foot and ankle for free if I thought it would help, or if it wasn’t absolutely one of the creepiest things in the world to do.

Rex is that you you fat f$ck. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Here’s the thing..... 

if fans have been paying attention Cole has had an ailment with his foot since about week 8... he’s hobbled occasionally. Limped a few times.  Whatever it is I’m sure it’s more of the same, just maybe a deeper strain this time. It’s either turf toe or Plantar Fasciitis..  But maybe that issue of favoring that foot lead to him spraining his foot....

Beasley has been annoyed of this issue for some time now. I’m sure he just aggravated it to a much higher level. Leaving early last night I guarantee allowed for possible X-rays to be sure, and to get treatment, ice or shots prior to travel.

Id expect McD just says week to week to eliminate questions of him even playing this week. Next week I’d expect day to day. But depending who we get will depend on game plan and if we need him desperately or can get by with the wildcard game. But he’s battled through something half the season. I’d assume 13 days between games will help...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Stop trolling and pming me nonsense 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Lamb said:

Billy Joe Hobert

Barkley had a good game against a bad Jets team that falsely raised my expectations that he might be a worthy NFL backup QB.    Ever since then he's looked like Billy Joe coming off the 19th hole entering every game.    I know $2M is cheap for a backup but for chrissakes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Rex? Is that you???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1