Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

38 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Lot of fans real cocky all of a sudden...

38 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why should I not be. This is a top team in the NFL?  Should I be worried about another team not named Chiefs. Nope. There isn’t another offense that can keep pace with us. Welcome to the new generation. 

we have a SB caliber team. Why should I “worry” about the Ravens??

True Bills Fans will always worry. About lotsa stuff.

get a grip Man. You've come unhinged   :)

15 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

WE ARE DOOMED

or we have the Lupus

notsure

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

McDermott clarified week to week vs. day to day when Milano was hurt. 

Let me clarify:

1. Week to week: I agree that when mcdermott says this, it has historically meant a multiple week injury, however...

2. Week 17 plan: this is not a typical week, per mcdermott, they know their plan but we won't know until Sunday, if starters are even playing or if they'll play limited/certain length of game

3. Unknown injury: it has been speculated to be a knee, quad, or.foot.injury.  we don't even know yet

4. all above said, if starters or certain starters are being held.out, that is what I meant by mcdermotts comment.  

We all just need to wait and see

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Beasley goes down because it is football and players get nicked 

TOO much logic here.  

Let's just wait until the report on his spleen comes back, THEN we'll know how long he'll be dead for... :beer:

39 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Yeah but the coach saying week to week instead of day to day is demoralizing. Barkley may have cost the Bills severely.

Stop with the Barkley bashing. It’s his first action in forever. JA and every other qb throw bad passes that are uncatchable. Had they left JA in and he got knicked it would be non stop McDermott bashing.

It’s football and guys get hurt. Sucks for Beasley. Bills will move Davis into slot and JB stays outside. All WR’s have given Davis credit for his knowledge of all WR positions and his football IQ. And then we hope Beasley is out for limited time. I’m not gonna worry about it. Each team we play will have similar challenges brought on  by injuries 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Let me clarify:

1. Week to week: I agree that when mcdermott says this, it has historically meant a multiple week injury, however...

2. Week 17 plan: this is not a typical week, per mcdermott, they know their plan but we won't know until Sunday, if starters are even playing or if they'll play limited/certain length of game

3. Unknown injury: it has been speculated to be a knee, quad, or.foot.injury.  we don't even know yet

4. all above said, if starters or certain starters are being held.out, that is what I meant by mcdermotts comment.  

We all just need to wait and see

McDermott said “leg” so if taken at face value is not a knee. Ruling out meniscus.

Also Chris Brown today said “foot injury”.

When you look at the video it looks like Beasley got cleated from behind, and/or his other toe sticks in the ground somewhat after the large plant step.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Im waiting for the NFL to re-evaluate this “one team gets a bye” thing. Might happen if Bills and Steelers rest starters in games that should matter. I’d imagine that the Colts would be livid about missing the playoffs because the #2 & #3 seeded teams treated week 17 as a bye week or preseason game. 

Or they could’ve, you know, not blown a huge lead to the Steelers when up by multiple scores. 😄

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, balln said:

yup. knew it when he was on the bench and allen going over to him. BUT def better than an ACL. gonna have to use knox and backs more to move the sticks. PLUS john brown coming back

Maybe they could actually get the running game going. Would be a huge help for the playoffs. They pass too much as it is. With Beasley out, I’d imagine they will start running a bit more. 

15 hours ago, ColeB said:

We no longer need to look at individual accomplishments for positives.  This team has a different destiny.

If they also want to rest Diggs for the last game and he then doesn’t lead the league in receptions and yards, big freakin’ deal.

We didn't need to look to individual accomplishments before either.    It's always been about team building and winning games.   

One of the fun parts about being a fan is rooting for specific players and tracking how they do vs. current competition and history.  Beasley has been a big factor in Bills winning games the last 2 seasons and he has far exceeded my expectations since the Bills signed him.    He's in his 9th season and this will likely be as close as he ever comes to 1,000 yards.   I don't see anything wrong with cheering for him to reach the milestone and realizing that it's a disappointment for him that he will likely come up short due to the injury. 

It doesn't take anything away from the team goal.  In fact, it adds to the team accomplishments when players reach their personal goals.   Has nothing to do with resting Diggs or anyone else, if McD and team decide that's best for their playoff prep.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

10:31 left in the 4th when he gets hurt.

Probably should have pulled the skill starters as soon as Allen was pulled.

The Patriots were beyond punchless at that point and posed no threat come back.

Beasley was the only starter still in. They left him in to try and get him to 1k yards. 

Unless there is financial incentive for him to get 1k and the coaches were trying to do him a solid, which I doubt, the whole thing is silly and shouldn't have happened.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

10:31 left in the 4th when he gets hurt.

Probably should have pulled the skill starters as soon as Allen was pulled.

The Patriots were beyond pinch less at that point and posed no threat come back.

Why not pull the starters at 11:35 of the 3rd quarter? We could play this game forever and there is no right answer. Players can get hurt in practice. Many (most?) of them are flukes like Beasley's injury that could happen anytime, anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Heitz said:

TOO much logic here.  

Let's just wait until the report on his spleen comes back, THEN we'll know how long he'll be dead for... :beer:

I feel like its pretty bad. We might have to wait till Easter sunday to get Beasley back

#concerned

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Beasley was the only starter still in. They left him in to try and get him to 1k yards. 

Unless there is financial incentive for him to get 1k and the coaches were trying to do him a solid, which I doubt, the whole thing is silly and shouldn't have happened.

I suspect you're right about the coaches' motivations especially because I REALLY think they were trying to break that 14 receivers with TDs record earlier in the game.  That said, there aren't enough backups on the active roster to fill every single starting spot so Beasley may have stayed in the package for that reason.  I noticed that not every defender got subbed out.