Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

10 hours ago, Special K said:

This is what concerns me......I hope that's not the case, but it could be.

That is true but I think that is low likelyhood.  THey would have tested the knee stability on the bench and he would nto have been allowed to walk off if they thought it was his ACL.  Usually the doctors know by checking them out and do the MRI to confirm.  

So worst case scenario, and Beasley misses some time, I have to imagine we roll 3-wide with Diggs, Brown and Davis - Knox at TE - rotating Moss/Singletary with some McKenzie sprinkled in.

If I had to guess, Diggs might play more out of the slot with Brown and Davis outside.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would say there is definitely some damage to the LCL.... that is the ligament on the outside of the knee and that seemed to be where the attention was focused. But as was pointed out in the game day thread, that often comes with an unwanted side order of ACL or meniscus damage. Fingers crossed at this stage but if he really was limping badly come hours later the chances are it is at best a bad ligament sprain that is 2-3 weeks. Think that is the absolute best case scenario at this point. 

Fair assessment, but everything is a pure guess right now (unless.someone has insider info).  For example, I also.saw trainers pointing to outside of knee, but maybe it was "knee to knee" or some contusion.  Looked like he took a strange step with left knee to adjust to under thrown pass, but leg wasn't straight (so no hyperextension i wouldn't think), but then his knee bumps against the patriot defender at the end of play.

I'm not a trained medical staffer, but know many and have worked with many.  Enough to know that the trainers should know if any ligament damage is a concern, and if so, he would immediately be on crutches or had the leg wrapped in ice.  Who knows at this point, but my guess is a contusion or mild sprain of some sort and he will be ok for next week

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Fair assessment, but everything is a pure guess right now (unless.someone has insider info).  For example, I also.saw trainers pointing to outside of knee, but maybe it was "knee to knee" or some contusion.  Looked like he took a strange step with left knee to adjust to under thrown pass, but leg wasn't straight (so no hyperextension i wouldn't think), but then his knee bumps against the patriot defender at the end of play.

I'm not a trained medical staffer, but know many and have worked with many.  Enough to know that the trainers should know if any ligament damage is a concern, and if so, he would immediately be on crutches or had the leg wrapped in ice.  Who knows at this point, but my guess is a contusion or mild sprain of some sort and he will be ok for next week

Most of my knowledge about knees is from playing and coaching soccer. I have seen just about every combination of knee injury going. But you are right I am not a doctor. Just think based on how it occurred, the attention we saw on the sidelines and the report of how he was at the airport that is the most likely concern. You don't necessarily put ligament injuries straight on crutches either, though I agree that the fact that he hasn't been seen on crutches is at least a positive indication that it is at the milder end of the scale of injury we could be looking at. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Most of my knowledge about knees is from playing and coaching soccer. I have seen just about every combination of knee injury going. But you are right I am not a doctor. Just think based on how it occurred, the attention we saw on the sidelines and the report of how he was at the airport that is the most likely concern. You don't necessarily put ligament injuries straight on crutches either, though I agree that the fact that he hasn't been seen on crutches is at least a positive indication that it is at the milder end of the scale of injury we could be looking at. 

Most ACLs that are non contact have a pop, where the athlete lifts their leg mid-play.

Beasley finished out the play, but he took a hard plant step with his left leg, I don’t see the knee “buckle”.

When he gets up, his facial expression isn’t dire pain, but his legs are crossed as he tries to stand up.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I have been around football, coaching and playing for a long period, and would say that many athletic trainers are going to very cautious if they suspect any knee ligament damage (mcl, acl, lcl, or pcl) and limit the swelling, by keeping said players motion to a minimum. 

Not a battle of who knows more or who is right, i know we're both hoping for the best.  Just my opinion from my experience that this doesn't seem to be serious.

Go Bills! Beas is a tough dude, prayers its a minor thing

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Most ACLs that are non contact have a pop, where the athlete lifts their leg mid-play.

Beasley finished out the play, but he took a hard plant step with his left leg, I don’t see the knee “buckle”.

When he gets up, his facial expression isn’t dire pain, but his legs are crossed as he tries to stand up.

Yea I agree. I don't think it looked in the way the injury occurred like an ACL. I think it is much more likely an LCL sprain / tear. The dire pain thing isn't relevant. I have seen ACLs go without dire pain. Remember a friend of mine doing his in a Cup Final. I was stood 3 feet away from him and heard it pop. He was trying to play on said he couldn't feel anything. I made the manager take him off it was clearly an ACL, but they don't all create immediate writhing pain. 

Edited by GunnerBill

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who replaces him in the slot in the playoffs if he can’t go? Gabe Davis?

My guess would be a collective group...we know Daboll is extremely balanced, and will move ppl around (motion or lining up as the #1, #2,#3 receiver).  So I wouldn't expect 1 player, but it would be a huge loss.

That said, I've said it multiple times here and sticking with it until I hear otherwise, that I think Beas is fine (contusion/very mild strain or sprain) 

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Diggs does some fine work from the slot. Maybe Mackenzie in 4 we sets? Not sure Gabe is shifty enough 

Davis isn’t as shifty as Beasley but I believe they said he can play any WR position on the field, and with John Brown coming back seems like he could fill in there (won’t be as effective obviously). Just hope Cole is ok. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2