Allen next week?

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And there is zero chance Bal or Indy lose.  

The seeding will be determined by Pittsburgh v Cleveland and Buffalo v Miami.. 

cincy beat Pittsburgh in cincinati.  Baltimore plays there on Sunday.  None is incorrect.

3 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

no the Titans win they get division.

if Titans lose they can get a WC spot with a Miami or Baltimore loss.  They won’t get 5 with a loss unless everyone loses 

Sorry it's late.  I corrected it.  I meant the Ravens lock up 5.

7 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

A lose does not knock Miami out.  They lose Then they need Cleveland, Baltimore, or Indy to lose snd they get in. Buffalo could face Them in WC game.

going out to beat the same team in week 17 then the next week is not what you want to do.

with no fans...home field means nothing.

Strongly disagree.

We came here to win. Not hand out charity wins to other teams.

Every past Super Bowl contenders came in to curb stomp regardless of the situation unless we're 14-1. Miami is gunning to win against us. They're trying to get to Wildcard. Don't be ridiculous.

We gotta win. Playoff football starts next week. Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, TreDavious White, and the rest have to get their reps in early.

11 minutes ago, Process said:

You realize you're talking about playing in am empty stadium in buffalo, vs an empty stadium 3 hours away in Pittsburgh?

You don't see how ridiculous that is?

Isn't Sir Andrew going to allow 6,700 fans for the playoff game?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Strongly disagree.

We came here to win. Not hand out charity wins to other teams.

Every past Super Bowl contenders came in to curb stomp regardless of the situation unless we're 14-1. Miami is gunning to win against us. They're trying to get to Wildcard. Don't be ridiculous.

We gotta win. Playoff football starts next week. Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, TreDavious White, and the rest have to get their reps in early.

home field advantage relies on fans there making noise that make it difficult for opposing team to call play changes. When players think different plays mistakes and turnovers happen.

if fans aren’t there Then there is no home field advantage like there is in hockey with the ability to match lines or baseball hitting last.

im not risking starter injuries just to be a 2 seed vs a 3 seed.

thus team can still compete if they rested Allen, Diggs, Tre, Milano, and a few others.

• Like (+1) 1

Extremely torn. I get playing for seeding but I also don't want 280 lb Emannuel Ogbah hitting him in the knee. If we slip to #3 though then I believe we'll have a good chance of playing Baltimore (assuming they beat Cincy), who look like the only team to avoid out of the whole IND-MIA-CLE-BAL mess.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

home field advantage relies on fans there making noise that make it difficult for opposing team to call play changes. When players think different plays mistakes and turnovers happen.

if fans aren’t there Then there is no home field advantage like there is in hockey with the ability to match lines or baseball hitting last.

im not risking starter injuries just to be a 2 seed vs a 3 seed.

thus team can still compete if they rested Allen, Diggs, Tre, Milano, and a few others.

Fans are only part of home field advantage. 
lots of other factors include:

Being in their own homes till the night before the game. 
familiarity and routine.

home locker/training rooms

field conditions

• Like (+1) 1

This team is barely practicing this season............it's not like they are in pads 3 days a week...........the game IS their practice for the week.

Play and stay sharp.

Players get hurt in practice too.    

If they do decide to make it a rest week then do it right and activate as many practice squad players as they can and don't dress any stars...........definitely don't march Diggs, Beasley, Davis, Knox out there and have Barkley get them hurt...........don't half step........that's how players get hurt.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

With any luck get a two score lead early and then just hand the ball off 30 straight times. We don't want too big a lead (and Allen risking injury by dropping back a ton) because we want to toy with the Fins making them think Tua can somehow lead them back from only down 10. They get down 14-17 and Fitz will be in before halftime.

• Like (+1) 1

The more I look at this playoff machine, the more it might be best to just win and hopefully knock Miami out altogether. The point about this already being a playoff week is a pretty good one if there's a chance that we can knock a division opponent out of the playoffs. Miami doesn't really scare me at all, but I don't really like the idea of seeing any team 3 times.

Honestly, best scenario if we're hunting for the right opponent would be to lose to Miami, and hope Cincy wins and knocks Baltimore out of the playoffs, but that's just ridiculously dumb and why we shouldn't do these things. Just win baby.

Rest Allen, Beasley, Diggs, Brown, White, Edmunds, Hughes, Milano, Hyde and Poyer.  Wildcard weekend needs to be the focus.  Self-scout this week get the younger guys experience.  Miami gets in or not.  Im not afraid of their back up qb duo.  The last 2 weeks in the second half too many people came off hobbled. 

Its a long season and hopefully they have another 4 meaningful games left.  Take it as a mini bye week get healthier and all systems firing wildcard weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

Oh my god. Yes, you play him. If you don't, you're probably playing Baltimore and going on the road for the Divisional, and you risk losing momentum.

We need to stop having this conversation. There is still so much to play for. WGR has collectively lost its mind; seems to be a case of groupthink as Jeremy White started it this morning and every other host has just run with it, many of them not even actually knowing the scenarios.

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

STOP IT!!!!

We are guaranteed the #2 seed if we win. We could be the #4 seed if we lose.

Everyone plays and you play to win.

We won a division and have 2 games on every team still in the hunt. How could we drop to #4? 

Edited by Nelius

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Oh my god. Yes, you play him. If you don't, you're probably playing Baltimore and going on the road for the Divisional, and you risk losing momentum.

We need to stop having this conversation. There is still so much to play for. WGR has collectively lost its mind; seems to be a case of groupthink as Jeremy White started it this morning and every other host has just run with it, many of them not even actually knowing the scenarios.

Agreed. i posted this elsewhere. But if you look at the probability chart now, our odds are much higher of drawing Baltimore if we lose in week 17.

• Like (+1) 2