Davis Webb elevated from PS: our new backup QB?

YoloinOhio

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

Another question: Do they keep Fromm isolated from the QB room like they did last year? I suppose having a QB away from the others is still a good idea this day and age. 

Make him take the vax ;)

11 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Another question: Do they keep Fromm isolated from the QB room like they did last year? I suppose having a QB away from the others is still a good idea this day and age. 

I imagine they do keep him isolated again just in case. 

In fact I saw him recently from a window...

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If that’s all true,

1) I can’t believe this guy hasn’t gotten more of a shot to play, though he has been behind guys the organizations he was with couldn’t let him jump.

2) You have to root for him.

3) I’d love to see him more in preseason and see if he has the talent to get on the field, he sure looked good in college.

4)I hope the Bills make it a point to keep him.

5) Groom that man as our next assistant OC!

15 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

If that’s all true,

1) I can’t believe this guy hasn’t gotten more of a shot to play, though he has been behind guys the organizations he was with couldn’t let him jump.

3) I’d love to see him more in preseason and see if he has the talent to get on the field, he sure looked good in college.

The easiest conclusion is the most obvious:  none of those organizations see him as a backup caliber QB, let alone a starter.

28 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

If that’s all true,

The "word" was that he looked better than Fromm in training camp.

https://www.draftsharks.com/article/dynasty-prospect-profile--davis-webb

I couldn't find the NFL draft profile by Lance Zierlein this references, but although he's an Allen-size guy, the knock on him seemed to be arm strength, accuracy, and on-field decision making.

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is super-cool, not just to understand why Daboll and McDermott praise Webb so highly, but to understand what "a week in the life" is like for an NFL assistant coach.

I could be incorrect, but I thought I read that the special PS rules were gonna remain for another year (2021 season)

It's always a judgement call.  There's no requirement to go find threads that are more than a couple of weeks old, but it's also interesting here because the previous thread has some stuff it's cool to go back and look at here in view of this article

Question: if you've previously read a thread, it should take you to the first unread post, did it not do that?

For me it will show a red line where the break is between what I have and haven't read. Buy still puts me at the beginning of the thread and I have to scroll through 900 Pages figure out where that red line is

Edited by Comebackkid
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

For me it will show a red line where the break is between what I have and haven't read. Buy still puts me at the beginning of the thread and I have to scroll through 900 Pages figure out where that red line is

Ah, OK, that's a setting. 

Click on your screenname, select "Account Settings". 

Then select "Content View Behavior" and choose "Take me to comments I haven't read".

image.thumb.png.f61d7cb1be6ce9c8eee04db94b690a31.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1