Davis Webb elevated from PS: our new backup QB?

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Maybe. I could see a scenario where we get a good lead and you want to pull Josh, and don't want to have to put him back in if Barkley gets hurt.

I like that scenario ...

By the way - why aren't the Pats starting Stidham? It would be the natural thing to do the last couple games to see what he's got. Maybe Belichick wasn't really all that high on him after all.

Belicheck has seen Stidham every day in practice, and already knows he can't play.  (per my fried from Boston)

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We need to win these last 2 games to lock up the home field advantage for every game in the playoffs except potentially the AFC Championship game vs the Chiefs.

Sitting our starters next week would be stupid.

I agree that sitting our starters for the last two games would be less than fruitful, we have business to take care of! 

Go Bills!!!

55 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Problably one of the few guy left who they can send back to Ps with out passing through waivers.  Back to PS once Brown is out of covid protocol?

Problably one of the few guy left who they can send back to Ps with out passing through waivers.  Back to PS once Brown is out of covid protocol?

More likley, one of the few guy left who they can send back to Ps with out passing through waivers.  Back to PS once Brown is out of covid protocol?

This is what I was thinking after he was announced inactive...although I only thought about it once. 😂😂

Edited by Maybe Someday
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Maybe Someday said:

This is what I was thinking after he was announced inactive...although I only thought about it once. 😂😂

I posted it but it gliched and nothing happened.  So i did the smart thing and hit reply 5 more times 😂😂😂

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

don’t mind the necro bump...

This was a good read. Didn’t want to start a new thread for it, so I figured I’d post it here.

Thanks for sharing - it is an excellent read. Guy is making the best of his time in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

This was a good read. Didn’t want to start a new thread for it, so I figured I’d post it here.

Wish you would have started a new thread - instead of me reading the OP and first few posts and trying to figure out wtf was going on.  I am not a fan of keeping old threads around forever as subjects change.

Anyway - was a great article.  Cool to see behind the scenes and see the value a player can have to an org separate from on the field.  

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Wish you would have started a new thread - instead of me reading the OP and first few posts and trying to figure out wtf was going on.  I am not a fan of keeping old threads around forever as subjects change.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

If they are allowed expanded practice squads absolutely.

If things are normal the PS size this year is 12.  With Trubisky only a 1 year guy I think they can afford a PS spot for Webb.

Keep him around to see what happens after the season is done.

52 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If things are normal the PS size this year is 12.  With Trubisky only a 1 year guy I think they can afford a PS spot for Webb.

it was more than just size change last year. It was number of activations to active team (giving player game day salary boost w/o exposing player) and expanded eligibility list.  Since NFL capped salaries of PS players due to some teams paying players as much as active players that game day salary boost was a big impact to those players.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

it was more than just size change last year. It was number of activations to active team (giving player game day salary boost w/o exposing player) and expanded eligibility list.  Since NFL capped salaries of PS players due to some teams paying players as much as active players that game day salary boost was a big impact to those players.

Oh for sure.  Last year was great in that regard.  I'm just saying I think there is a spot on the PS for Davis Webb to make some

decent money to stay in Buffalo another year.

I'll add that I don't think Fromm is a lock for the #3.  Preseason this year will tell more.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

This is super-cool, not just to understand why Daboll and McDermott praise Webb so highly, but to understand what "a week in the life" is like for an NFL assistant coach.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I could be incorrect, but I thought I read that the special PS rules were gonna remain for another year (2021 season)

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

Anyway - was a great article.  Cool to see behind the scenes and see the value a player can have to an org separate from on the field.  

It's always a judgement call.  There's no requirement to go find threads that are more than a couple of weeks old, but it's also interesting here because the previous thread has some stuff it's cool to go back and look at here in view of this article

Question: if you've previously read a thread, it should take you to the first unread post, did it not do that?

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be incorrect, but I thought I read that the special PS rules were gonna remain for another year (2021 season)

There is talk of it but last years PS rules were only voted in for 1 year.

I hope they keep them the same as last year and like you I have heard they might vote on it.

I am surprised that no one thought that maybe another team tried to claim him.

To keep him he would need to move to the 53.

This guy is a Josh Clone I hope he develops enough to get a chance some where in the NFC ;)

Jeez after reading everything he does I dont know how they dont keep him on the practice squad.

Its like when someone at your workplace leaves/retires/etc and then all of the houseplants die (because they were the ones watering them and no one knew) and the coffee maker isnt as clean looking as it use to be.

Edited by letsgoteam