Are we overachievers or underachievers or are we where we should be?

PrimeTime101

Neither over or under achieving.  I’d say we’re still a couple players on D away from legit title contention, I mean they are  in the playoffs with a good seeding and anything could happen, but I think we missed Lotulelei more then we want to admit around here (or we need Phillips to get there), and it would be great to get another edge rusher and we will be there .  Oliver and Edmunds had to play out of their best-used positions a lot and it was an issue. 

57 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So lets have some fun with this topic. I will post a bunch of teams and will give it a grade of overachievers(o) underachievers(u) or Where they should be (w).

This is all overall based on Win-Loss record.

you can base this on stats, the amount of talent on the team or just on feel. The last team will be the bills so you choose on the teams posted and lets get an idea of how this season could end?

KC-W- They were they should be cause they are a talented filled team that is getting the job done.

Pits. -o

Miami-o

Balt.-w

Ten.-w

Clev-o

Indy-w

GB-w

TB-w

Sea.-u

Rams-o

So I feel Miami, Pits, Clev and Rams are over achievers. 

So I feel Seattle is underachievers. .They have massive talent and should have more wins.

Where they should be KC, Balt, Ten, GB, and TB  Where they should be 

Buffalo Bills?

Thoughts?

Hell Yeah Yes GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden - Find & Share on  GIPHY

• Like (+1) 1

It feels like the team can be even better. If the defense played the first 8 games like it has been playing the last 7 I think we would have had a really good shot at upsetting the Chiefs. Defense wasn't healthy and playing that well at the time and yet we were still one third down stop away from getting the ball back with a chance for Allen and the offense to take a 1 point win. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Given the quality of opponents this year, I'd say the Bills are the real deal. Good, strong team.

They need to go show it in the playoffs, though.

After the Broncos game I hear one of our Colorado radio guys put it this way:

- The Bills are a winning team without any clear weakness

- The Broncos are a losing team without any clear strength

And I thought that summed it up perfectly. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There goes the word realistically which should be replaced with "agreed with me and".

No few realistically is correct as few polls by unbiased people predicted the Bills to win more than 10 games.  I just looked at about 5 or 6 polls from ESPN, CBS, USA Today, SI and a couple others.  Most I saw were 10 wins.  Even NFL.com did a mid season when the Bills were 7-2 and predicted 11 wins.  Yes many here were talking 12-4, etc but they were all talking with their hearts.   You really want to replace the word with Bills fans wearing rose colored glasses.

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

No few realistically is correct as few polls by unbiased people predicted the Bills to win more than 10 games.  I just looked at about 5 or 6 polls from ESPN, CBS, USA Today, SI and a couple others.  Most I saw were 10 wins.  Even NFL.com did a mid season when the Bills were 7-2 and predicted 11 wins.  Yes many here were talking 12-4, etc but they were all talking with their hearts.   You really want to replace the word with Bills fans wearing rose colored glasses.

Many of those have been Bills bashers for a while.  If you think they are not biased because they are in press and bash Bills I understand the colors of your glasses are not re, white or blue.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Many of those have been Bills bashers for a while.  If you think they are not biased because they are in press and bash Bills I understand the colors of your glasses are not re, white or blue.

I'm a fan, but I don't blindly believe they will be great just because I'm a fan.  I also don't bash them as much when bad as many here do.  Even the local writers on BN, D&C, Syracuse, Athletic didn't predict more than think around 11 wins from what I recall.  But yet to the fanatics  here like yourself, again what do they know.  You certainly know more!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm a fan, but I don't blindly believe they will be great just because I'm a fan.  I also don't bash them as much when bad as many here do.  Even the local writers on BN, D&C, Syracuse, Athletic didn't predict more than think around 11 wins from what I recall.  But yet to the fanatics  here like yourself, again what do they know.  You certainly know more!

I had them at 11 because the schedule was tricky but still felt they were an outside Superbowl contender. 

I don't really believe in undeserved wins or losses unless the refs blatantly steal one. 

We almost beat the Cardinals but Deandre Hopkins made the winning play.  We almost lost to the Patriots but Justin Zimmer made the winning play.  People here said we didn't deserve that one at the time but was the man stumbling around blindfolded or something?