Monday Morning Quarterback has an interview with Jerry Hughes

CorkScrewHill

Until Josh, Hughes has been my favorite and the best Bill in the last ten years overall. From talent, production, effort, versus the pass and the run, going against the team's best linemen week in week out, chasing down players all the way across the field and sometimes even tackling WR after he had rushed the passer because he is the only guy that plays to the whistle every play. Extremely misunderstood, undervalued and over-criticized when he used to get a few extra penalties, too.

Thanks for the link. He's also a smart, thoughtful, great guy and teammate. Glad this is happening for him.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Until Josh, Hughes has been my favorite and the best Bill in the last ten years overall. From talent, production, effort, versus the pass and the run, going against the team's best linemen week in week out, chasing down players all the way across the field and sometimes even tackling WR after he had rushed the passer because he is the only guy that plays to the whistle every play. Extremely misunderstood, undervalued and over-criticized when he used to get a few extra penalties, too.

Thanks for the link. He's also a smart, thoughtful, great guy and teammate. Glad this is happening for him.

Agreed to all of this .. always worked his tail off even on a series of bad teams. Dealt with constant regime changes and kept plugging. Has to be one of the most lopsided trades the Bills have ever made.

20 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Terry Pegula mentioned Hughes in a recent podcast as one of the player personalities that stood out to him.

Man you gotta love it ! 

Go big player Hughes!!!

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

JEEEEEERRRRRRY!!!!  Couldn’t have said it better myself. Perfectly stated.  That’s my guy.  He took the baton from Fred and is running down the final stretch ready to hand it off to Josh.

Jordan Poyer has emerged as a dark horse in the race for #1 in my heart.  Josh, Jerry then Poyer atm.

• Like (+1) 1